Full site / Mobile. Categories. 2023. Years. Home. US Republican states. Canada. Portugal.
Share link: 2022. Events on April 20 and May 7, 2022, or thereabouts. See GMM links. The Global Cannabis March (Global Marijuana March) is the first Saturday in May, or thereabouts. 420 events are on April 20 or thereabouts. Marches, meetings, rallies, raves, concerts, festivals, info tables, expos, lectures, movies, etc.. Other names, and associated events (some have been around longer than GCM): World Cannabis Day, Cannabis Liberation Day, J Day, MardiGrass, Million Marijuana March, Cannabis Parade, etc.. See: Google Translate. See: Info, help, contacts, images, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. See: 420 and Global Marijuana March event lists.
Add event links
Return to top. See: Cannabis event lists and calendars.
2022 GMM-420 Facebook event page. Add event links there and on the main Cannabis Wiki talk page.
More city lists
- Return to top.
An incredible number of 420 cannabis events and cities are linked in some of the sections below, especially in the US section. Many more links and cities need to be added from CelebStoner, Potguide, Leafly, and the huge Eventbrite multi-page list.
More 420 lists: Weedmaps' guide to 4/20 events.
Return to top. See: 420 and Global Cannabis March events by year.
See: social media reports and tags. See Google image searches: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis. And: Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana. And: Global Marijuana March. Add city name to searches. See: Video searches.
- Return to top. See more years: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017.
Nations and subnational areas. Anyone can edit city and country pages directly without logging in.
Return to top. See also: Global Marijuana March Africa.
- Return to top. East London April 23-24: . Jeffreys Bay April 23: .
Return to top. See also: Global Marijuana March Asia.
- Note: Russia is in both Asia and Europe. See Russia in the next section.
- Return to top. Bacoor April 21: . Lucban April 24: . Pasig April 20: . Rodriguez, Rizal April 23: . San Pedro, Bustos, Bulacan April 22: .
- Return to top. Taipei April 16: .
- Return to top. Bangkok April 20: .
Return to top. See also: Global Marijuana March Russia.
Return to top. See: Europe. Cannabis-related links. And: Global Marijuana March Europe. Note: Russia spans both Asia and Europe. See Russia in the previous section.
- Return to top. Copenhagen April 20: . May 7: . May 7: .
- Return to top. Helsinki April 20: .
- Return to top. 2022 map. And: 2022 list. . Übersichtsseite: Global Marijuana March. .
Berlin April 20: . May 7: .
Braunschweig May 7: .
Darmstadt May 13: .
Dortmund May 7: .
Dresden May 7: .
Dusseldorf May 7: .
Erlangen May 7: .
Frankfurt May 14: .
Freiburg May 14: .
Halle (Saale) May 7: .
Hamburg May 7: .
Heidelberg May 7: .
Konstanz May 7: .
Magdeburg May 7: .
Munich May 7: .
Nuremberg May 7: .
Oldenburg May 14: .
Regensburg May 7: .
Stuttgart May 7: .
Ulm May 7: .
- Return to top.
Budapest April 20: .
- Return to top. Dublin April 20: .
- Return to top. Online: April 20: . Valletta April 20: .
- Return to top. Warsaw April 20: .
- Return to top. Madrid May 7: .
- Return to top. Vasteras April 20: .
- Return to top. Bristol April 20: . Cardiff May 7: . London April 20: .
Return to top. See also: Global Marijuana March Oceania.
- Return to top. Melbourne April 20: . Nimbin April 20: . April 29 - May 1: . Sydney April 20: . April 20: .
- Return to top. Auckland May 7: .
Return to top. See links. See also: Global Marijuana March in Latin America.
- See nearby islands section farther down.
- Return to top.
Bahia Blanca May 7: .
Bariloche May 7: .
Buenos Aires May 7:  .
Cordoba May 7: . La Plata May 7: .
Rosario May 7: .
Santa Fe May 7: . Ushuaia May 7: .
- Return to top. Rio de Janeiro April 23: .
- Return to top. Santiago April 20: .
- Return to top. Armenia April 20: . Bogota April 20: . May 7: . Medellin May 7: . Neiva April 20: . May 7: . Santiago de Cali May 7: .
- Return to top. San Jose May 8: .
- Return to top. Ibarra May 7: . Quito May 5: .
- Return to top. México se Pinta de Verde! Consulta de donde sale la Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana este 7 de mayo 2022 en tu ciudad! See also: Facebook: 420 actividades en México.
Chihuahua City May 7: .
Cuernavaca May 7: .
Guadalajara May 7: .
Guanajuato May 7: . Leon April 20: .
Mexico City April 20: . May 7: .
Monterrey May 7: .
Oaxaca City May 7: .
Puebla April 20: .
Queretaro City May 7: .
San Luis Potosí City May 7: .
Tepoztlan April 20: .
Tijuana May 7: .
Tlaxcala City May 7: .
Toluca April 20: .
Xalapa May 7: .
- Return to top. Asuncion May 7: .
Return to top.
Return to top. See Wikipedia: Northern America.
Return to top. See links. See also: Global Marijuana March Canada. See: Upcoming 420 events in 2022.
- Return to top. Calgary April 20: .
- Return to top. Vancouver April 20: . April 20: . April 20: .
- Return to top. Toronto April 20: . May 7: .
- Return to top. See links. See also: Global Marijuana March USA. See: 4/20 Events Guide. PotGuide.com. Select state from dropdown menu. It will eventually have many 2022 events listed.
- Return to top. Mobile April 20: 
- Return to top. Glendale April 20: . Phoenix April 20: . Tucson April 20: 
- Return to top. See also: Celebrating 420 in San Francisco: Events, Hotels & Dispensaries. And: Best 420 Events in Los Angeles for 2022. Burbank April 20: . Inglewood April 20: . Los Angeles April 16: . April 19-20: . April 20: . April 20: . April 20: . April 20: . April 20: . Newport Beach April 20: . Oakland April 20: . San Francisco April 20: . April 20: . Santa Cruz April 20: . West Hollywood April 20: .
- Return to top. Boulder April 16: . Denver April 16: . April 16-24: . April 20: . April 20: . April 20: . April 20: . April 20: . April 20: . April 21: . April 23: . Edgewater April 20: . Evergreen April 20: .
- Return to top. Middletown April 20: . Rehoboth Beach May 14: .
- Return to top. Boynton Beach April 20: . Jacksonville April 20: . Lauderhill April 20: . April 23: . Miami April 20: . May 7-9: . Naples April 23: . Tampa April 20: .
- Return to top. Atlanta April 16: . April 16: . April 16: . April 20: . April 20: . Decatur April 20: .
- Return to top. Honolulu April 20: .
- Return to top. Chicago April 16: . April 20: . April 20: . April 22: . East Peoria April 23: . Kingston April 16: .
- Return to top. Gary April 16: .
- Return to top. New Orleans April 16: . April 20: . April 20: .
- Return to top. Falmouth April 16: .
- Return to top. Perryville April 20: . April 22: . April 23: . Temple Hills April 15, 16: .
- Return to top. Boston April 20: . Greenfield April 23: . Plymouth April 20: . Worcester April 16: .
- Return to top. Detroit April 20:  April 20: . April 20: . April 20-24: . Harper Woods April 22: . Kalamazoo April 23: . Lansing April 23: . Pontiac April 20: .
- Return to top. Kansas City April 16: . St. Louis April 20: . Saint Peters April 20: .
- Return to top. Billings April 20: 
- Return to top. North Las Vegas April 15: 
- Return to top. Hoboken . Passaic April 20: . Phillipsburg April 20:  Trenton April 20: .
- Return to top. Las Cruces April 20: . Hobbs April 20: .
- Return to top. New York Joins Colorado and California with Huge 4/20 Smoke-Out. CelebStoner.com - April 21, 2022. Photos. New York City Brooklyn, April 15: . Brooklyn, April 16-17: . Brooklyn, April 19-20: . Brooklyn, April 20: . Brooklyn, April 20: . Brooklyn, April 23: . Brooklyn, April 23: . Manhattan, April 20: . Manhattan, April 20: . Queens, April 20: . Queens, April 20: . Manhattan, May 5 - Dec: . Manhattan, May 7: . Plattsburgh April 22: . Rochester April 20: .
- Return to top. Charlotte April 16: .
- Return to top. Akron April 20: . Cincinnati April 20: .
- Return to top. Enid April 15: . Oklahoma City April 20: . Tulsa April 16: . April 20: .
- Return to top. Portland April 16: . April 20: 
- Return to top. Norristown April 20: . Philadelphia April 17-23: . April 19: . April 20: . April 20: . Pittsburgh April 16: .
- Return to top. Columbia April 20: .
- Return to top. Memphis April 20: .
- Return to top. El Paso May 14: . Grand Prairie April 20: . Houston April 20: . April 20: . April 20: . April 20: .
- Return to top. Barre April 16: 
- Return to top. Big Island April 20: . Pamplin April 21-24: . Newport News April 20: . Richmond April 20-23: . Virginia Beach April 20: . April 23: .
- Return to top. Seattle April 20: .
- Return to top. Morgantown April 19: .
- Return to top. Washington DC April 20: . April 23: .
- Return to top.
1035 cities have participated from 85 nations or subnational areas since 1999.
The city list linked just above is no longer up to date. So many cities have done 420 and GMM events the last few years that it is too time consuming to create so many new city pages.
Anyone can edit city and country pages without logging in. For example; to add links for Facebook groups and pages, and other links.
Red-border links above go to city pages that need to be started by admins. See: City format.
Yearly event links and graphics are often not added to city pages due to the amount of work involved. The links are found in the yearly city lists and maps.
Graphics and photos can be found in this alphabetical flat list by city name.
It contains only a small representation of the many GCM/420 graphics and photos over the years.
Return to top.
The Global Marijuana March (GMM) is also known as the Million Marijuana March (MMM), and Global Cannabis March (GCM). Other names, and associated events (some have been around longer than GCM): World Cannabis Day, Cannabis Liberation Day, Cannabis Parade, Ganja Day, J Day, MardiGrass, etc.. GMM occurs on the first Saturday in May, or thereabouts, depending on the city and country. It began in 1999. See New York City, Dana Beal, and Wikipedia: Global Marijuana March. It may include marches, meetings, rallies, raves, concerts, festivals, information tables, and more. The six main demands: stop all cannabis arrests; stop the lies; release the medicine; heal the sick; end the prison state; Cures Not Wars. See ibogaine. And Facebook: Ibogaine Universe!!!! See GMM links for many links for event maps, reports, crowd photos, videos, GMM graphics, press/media, 420 graphics, etc.. See flat lists. See GMM Facebook. See Archive.org to find archived reports by entering the URL. See report compilations: 420 and Global Marijuana March event lists by year. See also: Wikipedia: Legality of cannabis by country. Please let us know of missing cities for any year: Talk.
Social media reports
Return to top.
See: Info, help, contacts, images, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Return to top. See: 420 and Global Marijuana March event lists. And: GMM and 420 nations. And: GMM yearly city totals.
GCM, GMM, MMM. First Saturday in May (or thereabouts). Cities and nations holding 4/20 events are included in the lists for later years. Yearly maps: Hundreds of cities participated in 2023 and 2022 GMM and 420. 41 nations participated on May 4, 2019, or thereabouts. 43 nations participated on May 5, 2018, or thereabouts. 42 nations participated on May 6, 2017, or thereabouts. 45 nations participated on May 7, 2016, or thereabouts. 43 nations participated on May 2, 2015, or thereabouts. 213 cities from 43 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. 229 cities from 43 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 177 cities from 34 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. 274 cities for May 7, 2011. 328 cities for May 1, 2010. 270 for May 2, 2009. 240 for May 3, 2008. 230 for May 5, 2007. 203 for May 6, 2006. 184 for May 7, 2005. 165 for May 1, 2004. 235 for May 3, 2003. 199 for May 4, 2002. 119 for May 5, 2001. 104 for May 6, 2000. 31 for May 1, 1999.
Search city lists
Return to top.
Google site search no longer works well. It does not find all the yearly city lists containing a city name.
Special:Search works well. Click: "Global Marijuana March maps". Add city name to search, and state/province/nation as needed. This is an advanced search of main pages and templates. This will pull up all yearly maps in which the city is listed. Except for 2015, 2016, or 2017 in which only countries were listed for the most part. Also, 2021 which did not have a map page. Putting quotes around multi-word city names helps focus the search: "New York City".
Return to top.
See: Free web hosting.
More GCM-420 links
Return to top.
GMM links. Many links, including video, image, and media searches.
Return to top.
See: Video searches and help
Graphics and photos
Return to top. Click for flat list of event graphics and photos over the years. In alphabetical order by city.
Full site / Mobile.
Click Full site to see images below (if not visible).
2022 graphics by city
- Return to top.
See 2022 GCM flyers, posters, and graphics. And 2022 420 flyers, posters, and graphics. It may be several weeks or months before these get filled in well.
Return to top. See: Videos.
- GMM: years, photos, basic city lists, maps, detailed city lists, nations, links, graphics, regions. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis. And: Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana. And: Global Marijuana March. Add city name to searches.
Cannabis is safer
Return to top. Full site / Mobile.
Note: This section and following ones are at: Beyond drug war, debt, and wealth concentration. To single-payer healthcare and progressive taxation.
See articles: Cannabis is safer. And:
History of US Republican war on cannabis, and their lies about its health effects.
Return to top. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links and decriminalization. See the utter failure of the US Republican-led drug war and mass incarceration: It is killing Americans at the rate of one Vietnam War every 6 months.
There were around 112,000 US drug overdose deaths in the 12-month period ending May 31, 2023, at a rate of 307 deaths per day. 335 deaths per million US population. Only around 10 to 72 deaths per year in Portugal, a country with universal healthcare, and where all drugs have been decriminalized since 2001. See timeline table of yearly overdose deaths by European country.
"We had to destroy the village in order to save it." The US Drug War is killing 100,000+ a year in order to save people from drugs. US weapons are destroying Gaza in order to save it. We've been here before. MLK on April 4, 1967:
Martin Luther King’s Most Controversial Speech: "Beyond Vietnam". Assassinated for speaking the truth exactly one year later on April 4, 1968.
Harm reduction is cheaper
Return to top. End the expensive, incarceration-heavy US drug war with Portuguese and Canadian single-payer universal healthcare, and Portuguese decriminalization.
End US government debt
Return to top. Share link: Debt ceiling. See: Wikipedia: US debt ceiling.
Save $1.5 trillion per year
Via single-payer healthcare
Return to top. Republicans oppose single-payer universal healthcare. US would save 1.5 trillion dollars per year if it instituted Canadian universal healthcare. That is 5.4% of US GDP.
Canada spent 11.2 percent of its GDP for total healthcare costs in 2022. US spent 16.6 percent in 2022. Besides bankrupting the US due to GOP ideology, Americans have high personal medical debt, unlike Canadians. . High student debt is another problem Americans have due to GOP ideology, unlike Canadians. Changing the age of adulthood to 17 would free up a year of education money.
US is Broke, not Woke. Healthcare spending and debt ceiling.
Canadians are richer
Return to top. Many sleepy Americans can't do the math concerning healthcare costs and medical debt. Also, incarceration and family debt due to the GOP-led war on drugs. Also US student debt, and US household debt due to GOP's low minimum wages, etc...
Canadians are richer on average than Americans, and they have more energy because Canadians don't have to take 3 jobs, go bankrupt, or sell their homes, due to medical and student debt. See Wikipedia: List of countries by total health expenditure per caspita. See: Student debt balance is forgiven after 15 years payment in Canada.
Nearly a third of our health care dollars (mostly outside Medicare and Medicaid) go to something other than health care.
Canadians are healthier
Return to top. See: End drug war with universal healthcare and decriminalization. Cannabis is legal across Canada. See Wikipedia: Cannabis in Canada.
US Republicans Voted Often to Kill Coverage of Pre-Existing Conditions. .
Health spending by country
Return to top. Republicans are responsible for the large US government deficit. Because they support the wasteful US healthcare system over the much cheaper single-payer universal healthcare in Canada and elsewhere. See: Canadian single-payer universal healthcare versus US healthcare.
Keep 'em poor and sick:
Return to top. Canadians are healthier on average, and their preventive healthcare is much cheaper! Versus US Emergency Room care. See Wikipedia: Health spending as a percent of GDP by country (gross domestic product). And: Wikipedia: List of countries with universal health care.
US Republican states;
Not just pot prohibition;
Return to top. See Wikipedia: Republican states.
See article: US Republican states. It's not just cannabis prohibition. Many maps. It's also their low minimum wages, high Covid death rates, poor healthcare, high household debt, high gun death rates, high homicide rates, high incarceration rates, etc.. See: Drug war and other excessive uses of force. They are autocratic gerrymandered states that have long avoided federal oversight due to the Republican filibuster. See Wikipedia: Filibuster in the United States Senate.
The US Republican Party wants to concentrate wealth at the top. So they want most people to be Broke, not Woke: Trickle-down economics. See: Beyond drug war and conservatism.
The federal minimum wage would be $13.46 in 2022 dollars if its real value had remained at the 1968 level. Even more in 2023 dollars. See graph below.
GOP voter suppression;
Return to top. Vote out the many Republicans supporting backward cannabis laws. It is purposely made more difficult by the lack of no-excuse postal voting. Just one example of Republican voter suppression in GOP states. Such as many states in the south.
See Wikipedia: Postal voting in the United States.
GOP propaganda radio
Return to top. Republicans dominate talk radio. Especially in the Republican south with its backward cannabis laws.
How Fox News and the Right-Wing Media Machine Made My Dad Crazy.
See Wikipedia: Conservative talk radio. A percentage of people in many states do not have access to broadband internet, and desktop or laptop computers. Cell phones are a poor substitute for many people. So they are left with Republican misinformation radio.
End GOP Senate filibuster
Return to top. A minority of Senators should not be able to block cannabis laws supported by the majority of Americans.
The War on Cannabis. It accelerated in the US, and that's where it will end.
US Congress could legalize, reschedule, or remove cannabis from the federal schedule if the Republican filibuster were gone. Vote in US Senators who will abolish it. . Senators Manchin or Sinema could abolish it now.
End the electoral college
Return to top. Presidents should not be elected who do not receive the highest number of votes.
Abolish the electoral college. Imagine the US without the 12 years of the Bush and Trump presidencies and their backward cannabis policies.
Enact ranked choice voting
Return to top.
See Wikipedia: Ranked voting.
End presidential veto, and
Return to top. Presidents should not be able to block cannabis laws supported by the majority of Americans.
See Wikipedia: Veto power in the United States.
No Presidential war powers
Return to top. Nixon, Reagan, and Bush are responsible for the US War on Drugs, and the lie that massive incarceration is a solution. See:
Reagan's frequent demonization of cannabis.
Presidents have too much power. Wars later determined to be started based on lies of Presidents:
Vietnam War: President Johnson and the lie of the Gulf of Tonkin incident.
Iraq War: President Bush and the lie of the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
Too old: Trump and Biden
Return to top.
Institute a mandatory retirement age for US Congress members and the President. . Mandatory retirement exists for many US judges. Both Donald Trump and Joe Biden are too old to be President.
No Trump tax cuts for rich
Return to top.
US Republicans have led cannabis and drug wars worldwide. All to create 2nd class citizens who are blocked from many educational, job, and voting opportunities. Part of the conservative plan to concentrate wealth in fewer hands worldwide.
|Trump's 2017 tax cuts for the rich.
|On average, taxpayers in the income groups highlighted in yellow will incur a net cost (shown as a positive figure as this reduces the budget deficit), due in part to reduced healthcare subsidies. Higher income taxpayers receive a benefit via tax cuts (shown as a negative number as this increases the budget deficit). The percent of taxpayers in each income group is also shown for the 2023 period. "Taxpayer" in the chart refers to a tax return, meaning it could represent one person or a married couple filing jointly, among other options. . Commons source.
Stop wealth concentration
Return to top. See: Wikipedia: Progressive tax. End concentration of wealth and power (see previous section).
USA. The sorry state of the nation. After decades of Republican-led drug war, and their filibusters in the Senate. The GOP somehow convinced people that by giving rich people money (via tax breaks to the rich, and low minimum wages) that money would magically trickle down to them.
Increase minimum wage
Return to top. Beyond drug war, debt, and wealth concentration. To single-payer healthcare and progressive taxation. Simultaneous with the Republican-led drug war the GOP used the Senate filibuster to undemocratically severely restrict increases in the minimum wage at the federal level, and in GOP states.
Population and Warming
Return to top. World Population Clock: 8 Billion People (LIVE). All countries need low birth rates. We need more trees and less people. More oxygen, less carbon dioxide. We need a declining population to stop and reverse global warming. "Assuming no net migration and unchanged mortality, a total fertility rate of 2.1 children per woman ensures a broadly stable population." - Fertility rates. OECD Data. See country graphs.
Many US Republican leaders oppose birth control and abortion rights (even early abortion). Another reason besides their backward cannabis laws to vote them out. Birth control and abortion (especially early abortion) is legal (even free) in many countries. That needs to expand further.
The US and Europe can't import all the overpopulation of the world. US Democrats need to limit immigration, or they will lose power, and cannabis policies will go backward.
Wikipedia: List of countries and dependencies by population density. And we need to lower the curve below by lowering the birth rate.
Global warming. Roswell
Return to top. 2023 GMM-420. And Mirror. Note: See the sections at the bottom of many pages: Beyond drug war, debt, and wealth concentration. To single-payer healthcare and progressive taxation.
Return to top.