Alva, Oklahoma, USA
'America Is Full Of Hypocrites': Marijuana Lifer John Knock Speaks Out. And: Medical marijuana given green light in South Africa: report. And: First Marijuana Testing for Vets with PTSD Underway in Phoenix; Volunteers Wanted. And: Hemp Industries Association Sues DEA Over Illegal Attempt to Regulate Hemp Foods as Schedule I Drugs. And: Will Trump Crush the Modest Progress in Fighting Mass Incarceration? Momentum at state level. .
Canada. Human rights board orders insurer to pay medical marijuana costs in precedent-setting case . Washington Post article: Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually, and 30 million will lose their healthcare coverage. Physicians for a National Health Program. Will 2018 midterm elections remove Republicans? And: Marijuana and gender equity: Cannabis industry is a magnet for women executives
And: Marijuana, made in Italy: Inside the military police cannabis lab. And: Israel moves to decriminalize marijuana use . And: Germany expands medical cannabis legalization. Insurance will pay for it. . And: People in the US and Canada spent over $53 billion on marijuana in 2016. And: Mass incarceration doesn't do much to fight crime. But it costs an absurd $182 billion a year. And: Imagine That! Police Solve Far More Murders After they Stop Arresting Cannabis Users.
. And: And: DEA Slapped in Face: American Epilepsy Society Accepts Marijuana Extract Obliterates Seizures in Epileptic Children. And: Big Pharma Shaking in Their Boots as 80% of Cannabis Users Give Up Prescription Pills for Pot. And: A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He’s On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues. And: New UN chief António Guterres was Prime Minister of Portugal when it decriminalized drugs . And: Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin (Democrat) Pardons 192 for Marijuana Convictions. And: New Study: Cigarettes Tied To Increased Stroke Risk But Not Marijuana. And: 15 charts that show how Obamacare works now — and how Republicans would overhaul it.
The US federal minimum wage hit its peak purchasing power nearly 50 years ago. And: Canada has universal health care, and a higher minimum wage than the US. And: On average, states with medical marijuana laws see dips in fatal car crashes.And:
Republican governor Kasich quietly bans Cleveland voters from raising minimum wage in their city. And: Working full time at state minimum wage is not enough for a one-bedroom apartment in any state. Click states. And: Bernie Sanders: Americans pay highest prices for pharmaceutical drugs in the world. And: Branford, Connecticut. America’s oldest hospice to study medical marijuana.And:
He already violated health care promises by appointing Tom Price.
- 1 Top
- 2 City info
- 3 Global Marijuana March
- 4 Links
- 5 2014
- 6 2012
- 7 2010
- 8 2009
- 9 2008
- 10 2007
- 11 2006
- 12 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
- 13 Cannabis is safer
- 14 Drug-war mass incarceration
- 15 Green love
- 16 End drug war with Universal Healthcare
- 17 Categories
Share link: Alva. Local or regional cannabis-related links wanted.
|Search Wikipedia, Wikitravel, Wikivoyage. See help.|
- WeBeHigh.org - Cities and countries. By U.S. state. And: Google site search.
- MarijuanaTravels.com - Cities and countries. And Google site search.
- Media Awareness Project (MAP). Drug Policy Links: State, province, nation from Area menu. MAP Source Directory: State, province, nation from Area menu. Or A-Z from Source menu. Google search site for news, links, sources. By city, state, province, nation.
- Marijuana Travel Database. Marijuana travel reports. Countries and cities. Marijuana and travel, smoking laws and cannabis legality.
- Marijuana Dispensaries - Leafly.
- Marijuana Dispensary, Smoke Shop and Head Shop Finder.
Global Marijuana March
GMM (years signed up). (The city search of basic city lists will not find 2015, 2016, or 2017 cities since the 2015-17 GMM-420 pages list only countries, and not cities). This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. Cities and nations holding 4/20 events are also included in later years. 37 nations participated on May 7, 2016, or thereabouts. 43 nations participated on May 2, 2015, or thereabouts. 211 cities from 41 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 883 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
GMM: photos, basic city lists, maps, detailed city lists, years, regions, nations, links, graphics. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis. And: Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana. And: Global Marijuana March. See signup.
Global Million Marijuana March. GMM Facebook pages. GMM yearly city totals. Many GMM links. See also: 420 event lists. And: More cannabis-related links. And: Google News archives. And: GMM on Wikipedia. Google (add name of city to searches):        . . Google maps: city, state, nation.
Photos, graphics, and image searches: Marijuana March:     . Marihuana March:    . Marcha Marihuana (Spanish):    . Marche Mondiale Cannabis (French):    . Marche Mondiale Marijuana (French):    . Marcha Maconha or Marcha Marijuana (Portuguese):        . Google Advanced Image Search (find free images). Pinterest: . GMM Blogs: . Travel blogs with photos: . Wikipedia: Legality of cannabis by country: Erowid.org. WeBeHigh.org - many cities worldwide. Old Yahoo Groups:   . Basic city lists by year. Marijuana polls. And: Wiki upload posters, flyers, and banners. See also Wikimedia upload.
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
There are many GMM and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GMM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|Find GMM graphics and other event graphics for any city.|
- Category: Cannabis-related links. For world, region, country, state, or province links.
- Updated link: Google map of many cannabis groups, clubs, growshops, and associations around the world. If you want to add your association or club send an email to email@example.com - Mapa de todos las asociaciones cannabicas y clubs cannabicos de todo el mundo especialmente españa y growshops, si quieres añadir tu asociacion o club manda un correo a firstname.lastname@example.org. See template.
- Wikipedia: Category: Cannabis by country. And: Commons: Category: Cannabis by country.
- Google search this wiki. Add city name to search.
|*Please add more local or regional cannabis-related links.|
- United States. Cannabis-related links.
- See the above pages for additional Facebook and other links.
Repeal Cannabis Prohibition Rally/Sign Wave
- Facebook Fan Page: Alva Oklahoma, Cannabis Closet
- Facebook Event Page: Global Marijuana March 2012 - Alva Oklahoma.
- Website: Americans For Cannabis/Oklahoma
- Challenge: A challenge for Oklahoma to get 20 cities on the list for May 2009 at: http://www.potforfreedom.com/oklahomaprotest.html Oklahoma now has 4 cities on the list Alva, Edmond, Lawton and Tulsa...
- Upcoming Alva Oklahoma Protest: May 2009: http://www.potforfreedom.com/alva.html
- Other Oklahoma Cities: May 2009, Edmond: http://www.potforfreedom.com/edmond.html
Alva, Oklahoma (population around 5,000): Keary Prophet email@example.com 580 327 1577
- Links: http://www.potforfreedom.com http://www.potforfreedom.com/oklahomaprotest http://ok4cannabis.ning.com
- MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/kmkprophet http://www.myspace.com/alvaprotest
- Photos: http://cannabis.wikia.com/wiki/Alva,_Oklahoma,_USA#2008
- See report in description for this photo:
- Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wbJH8Tm7RAU
- Report: The Alva protest had about 12-15 people show up and hold signs. That's about 10 or 12 more than last year. This year's protest was approved by the Woods County Commissioners. Two of the three agreed to let the protest proceed as planned. I would just like to thank all the brave souls who came out and protested. "THANKS"!! for an archive of the Alva Oklahoma Protest please go to http://potforfreedom.com/alvaarchive.html
Written by: Keary Prophet. Ok, just let me start by thanking all who came and showed support and helped make our signs and stood before our community proudly. You guys don't know how much i needed you not only to support the cause but support my undying effort to inform our community about the flawed and unconstitutional Marijuana laws..
I had all but given up hope anyone would show up and help with these efforts when the first person arrived and told me more will be here in a little while. I was so relieved!! I mean it when i say you guys and gals are a credit to the community. You're the greatest. Thanks!!
As for the few who came from afar and decided maybe our efforts weren't good enough.. well shame on you for not sticking around and making our small crowd just a little bigger. You drove a long ways for nothing? why?
Next year please just put your city on the list and have your own protest. I think if you did that it would gather plenty of attention and get your community informed and evolved or at least instill thoughts into there minds that maybe these laws are unjust and unconstitutional. Just something to think about. No hard feeling here guys!! I understand maybe you expected something bigger or more exiting and thats Ok I understand.
People of my community... what the heck happened? are you not convinced yet these laws need to be changed? or that we need to protect our sick and dying?
maybe you don't believe marijuana is medicine. maybe you don't care that hemp can save our planet and reverse greenhouse effects. Maybe you like being slaves to DuPont Petrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals and the Oil and Gas Industries.
So what message would you rather send the rest of the community that building prisons is cool with you and locking non-violent criminals up is good for Society. Your cool with the outrageous gas prices and Global Warming, the violation of our Civil Rights on a mass scale..
Of course all this is just an assumption but what do you expect?
A Girl Scout Cookie? a pat on the back for leaving your fellow countrymen hanging in our most desperate time of need? You all should be ashamed of yourselves!!! As far as i'm concerned your non action in this time of need is completely Un-American. What happened to the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave?
On another note, I think we did great things Saturday despite the odds. We had a lot of people giving us the thumbs up, taking our pictures, Honking for Hemp, and a few came and got some information about cannabis/hemp/marijuana. one lady even asked if we were taking donations..
We didn't make the paper this year but that's probably cause I have been in it a few times in the last couple months. Getting this protest approved by our Commissioners was a big step forward and that got some attention from the press. Then in an attempt to get the word out about the upcoming protest and Oklahoma medical marijuana laws i wrote a letter to the editor which got printed the next day and just 2 or 3 day before the protest.. Maybe they thought i was getting a little to much attention on this issue.
Anyways thanks again to all who came out..
P.S. all my writing are rough drafts. Deal with it!!!
- Link: http://www.potforfreedom.com/oklahomaprotest
- MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/alvaprotest
- Forum and blog: Report, and partial scan of newspaper article (2 photos).  
- Press: Two newspaper articles on one page. One article has a photo.
- Press: "Local Coalition fights marijuana march planned for Alva". By Helen Barrett. May 2, 2008. Alva Review/Courier.
- Report: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mmmworld/message/592
- Report (from old GMM site):
There was a very low turnout of only 3 people at the protest this year despite my best efforts to get my community involved. After 5 months of preparation and hard work the protest in Alva didn't Last long. Thanks to what i feel was a major Violation of our Civil Rights by the Woods County Sheriffs Department. First a Sheriffs Deputy came over and said, "Get your things and get off the lawn now. You can't be on County Property, Get off the lawn and don't let me catch you on it again or I will arrest you." He was obviously angered at our presence. He then took a poster down that I had regretfully placed on a piece of city property and started walking off with it, when I asked him if I could have it back he said, "it's mine now." And about 45 minutes to an hour later Someone from the Woods County Commissioners Office came by along with another Sheriffs Deputy. They had a letter that stated we could not be on County Property without insurance. Then the Sheriff Deputy told us we had to be at least 21 feet from the corners of the streets. I already felt violated by the fact the first officer stole my sign and said we couldn't be on the lawn. Then to come at me with this bogus letter about insurance, and some crud about being 21 foot from the curb. It was all just a bunch of B.S. to snub us out and make it hard for us to protest. I told the officer "we are just trying to have a peaceful protest and its the damn police that aren't being peaceful." So we went and talked to our Lawyer and found out that they indeed could not stop us from being on the lawn or from having our protest. He said if insurance was the issue then everyone who stepped on the lawn would have to have it, and our Right to protest laws we don't like is a protected Right. We also have a Right to Free Speech. I have two words that come to mind about this whole situation "TYRANNY AND OPPRESSION." "To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. " -Abraham Lincoln
A small Marijuana Protest in Alva Oklahoma didn't last long due to the Sheriffs Department and a newly formed coalition calling itself the " Woods County Coalition" who in an article in the local newspaper vowed to "FIGHT" the planned marijuana Protest in Alva. And even listed the prior Drug Arrest Record of (Keary Prophet) the organizer of the protest in an attempt to smear his name and his credibility. Alva's Sheriffs Department was happy to assist the Woods County Coalition in the "FIGHT" to stop the Protest it seems. Trying every thing from telling the Protesters they could not be on the Courthouse Lawn and making them move to the sidewalk area then saying they had to be at least 21 feet away from the corner of the street,and then they produced a letter that said the Protesters had to have insurance coverage. The Protesters Lawyer informed them there was no legality in the letter as far as he could tell and that the Sheriffs Department could not prevent them from protesting on the courthouse lawn.
Written By: Keary Prophet on May 7th 2007.
- Links: http://www.potforfreedom.com http://ok4cannabis.ning.com http://www.myspace.com/alvaprotest
- Photos: http://gallery.marihemp.com/alva2006mmm
- Press: "Pro-Hemp Demonstration Held Saturday." By Lynn L. Martin. May 7, 2006. Alva Review/Courier. With photo.
- Report: This was the first marijuana protest to ever take place in Alva Oklahoma. We made local history with this one!!
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug-war mass incarceration
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
End drug war with Universal Healthcare
- See article: End drug war with universal healthcare.
No deductibles on basic Canadian health care and co-pays are extremely low or non-existent. Portugal has universal healthcare. Like Canada. Like nearly all of the EU (European Union). See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Health in Portugal and Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal.
- Portugal decriminalised drugs 14 years ago – and now hardly anyone dies from overdosing. 2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article:
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."