Alva, Oklahoma, USA
|View: Full site.||Mobile site.|
- 1 Table top
- 2 Top
- 3 City info
- 4 Global Marijuana March
- 5 Links
- 6 2014
- 7 2012
- 8 2010
- 9 2009
- 10 2008
- 11 2007
- 12 2006
- 13 Cannabis is safer
- 14 USA. The state of the nation
- 15 Vote out most Republicans
- 16 US Republican cannabis war
- 17 Republican mass incarceration
- 18 We need to look at Portugal!
- 19 Cannabis versus cigarettes
- 20 Life for Pot. Under Trump
- 21 70,200 deaths in US in 2017
- 22 During Trump's drug war.
- 23 Trudeau's Canada legalized
- 24 Trudeau is not a socialist.
- 25 Canadian healthcare myths
- 26 Single Payer costs less and
- 27 Canada is not socialist.
- 28 It has higher minimum wage
- 29 It has a lower murder rate,
- 30 US; more handgun owners.
- 31 Portugal's drug decrim
- 32 Healthcare for all costs less
- 33 Drug company price fixing
- 34 Huge cost of deductibles
- 35 Medicare for all costs less
- 36 And is not socialist.
- 37 US drug war is expensive
- 38 Cash bail costs taxpayers
- 39 Ground wars are costly
- 40 Pentagon is a money pit.
- 41 Hemp for all
- 42 Children's Climate Action
- 43 Green Love. Warming &
- 44 Green energy costs less
- 45 Oil subsidies are socialist.
- 46 President Eisenhower was
- 47 A progressive Republican.
- 48 He wasn't a socialist. His
- 49 91% top marginal tax rate
- 50 & lower middle-class taxes
- 51 Equaled prosperity for more
- 52 Vs Republican Party today:
- 53 GOP kleptocracy, drug war,
- 54 US Republican war on poor,
- 55 Record US income inequality,
- 56 Rich pay less taxes than you,
- 57 Flat inflation-adjusted wages,
- 58 And lower minimum wage.
- 59 Massive US student debt
- 60 = Republican loansharking
- 61 College at 16 is cheaper.
- 62 Massive US medical debt,
- 63 Massive US household debt,
- 64 Polls support legalization
Share link: Alva. Local or regional cannabis-related links wanted. See cities by country on GMM map of all cities. See all cities (not just Global Marijuana March). See the yearly city and event lists for additional Facebook and other links.
|Search: Wikipedia. Wikitravel. Wikivoyage.|
- Cannabis news sources.
- Drug Policy Organizations (from MAP). US cannabis organizations. And: Canada. State, province, nation from Area menu. Can also sort by topic. See advanced power search. It can search news, and it can Google search many organizations (choose one from menu).
- News Source Directory (from MAP). State, province, nation from Area menu. Or A-Z from Source menu. Google search MAP site for news, sources, topics, city, state, province, nation, organizations, etc..
- World Cannabis Map - SpliffyMap. See "about" for Paypal link. See Facebook.
- Marijuana Travel Database. Marijuana and travel reports, cities, countries, smoking laws, legality.
- WeBeHigh.org - Click "Travel Guides" button at top for continents. By U.S. state. And: Google site search.
- Marijuana Dispensary & Strain Reviews - Leafly.
- HeadShopFinder - Find Marijuana Dispensaries and Smoke Shops Near Me.
- PotGuide.com | Comprehensive Guide. Dispensaries, events, news, guides.
Global Marijuana March
GMM (years signed up).
no longer works well. It does not find all the yearly city lists containing a city name.
works well. Click: . Add city name to search, and state/province/nation as needed. This is an advanced search of main pages and templates. This will pull up all yearly maps in which the city is listed. Except for 2015, 2016, or 2017 in which only countries were listed for the most part. Putting quotes around multi-word city names helps focus the search: "New York City". This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. 42 nations participated on May 5, 2018, or thereabouts. 42 nations participated on May 6, 2017, or thereabouts. 45 nations participated on May 7, 2016, or thereabouts. 43 nations participated on May 2, 2015, or thereabouts. 213 cities from 43 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
GMM: photos, basic city lists, maps, detailed city lists, years, regions, nations, links, graphics. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis. And: Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana. And: Global Marijuana March. Add city name to searches. See signup. And: Facebook hashtags: . Twitter hashtags: . Google Plus searches: . Pinterest: .
Global Million Marijuana March. GMM Facebook pages. GMM yearly city totals. Many GMM links. See also: 420 event lists. And: More cannabis-related links. And: Google News archives. And: GMM on Wikipedia. Google (add name of city to searches):        . . Google maps: city, state, nation.
Photos, graphics, and image searches. Share link: Image search. Marijuana March:    . Marihuana March:   . Marcha Marihuana (Spanish):    . Marche Mondiale Cannabis (French):   . Marche Mondiale Marijuana (French):   . Marcha Maconha or Marcha Marijuana (Portuguese):      . Google Advanced Image Search. And: Flickr advanced image search. Has "date taken" search too. Pinterest: . GMM Blogs: . Travel blogs with photos: . Wikipedia: Legality of cannabis by country: Erowid.org. WeBeHigh.org - many cities worldwide. Old Yahoo Groups:   . Basic city lists by year. Marijuana polls. And: Wiki upload posters, flyers, and banners. See also Wikimedia upload.
|Cannabis March & 420 signup.|
There are many Global Cannabis March and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GCM and 420. Search Facebook. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GCM links box (many links in one place), and the GCM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GCM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
|Browse GCM city lists and maps: ~ 1999. 2000. 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.|
|*Please add more local or regional cannabis-related links.|
- United States. Cannabis-related links.
- See the above pages for additional Facebook and other links.
Repeal Cannabis Prohibition Rally/Sign Wave
- Facebook Fan Page: Alva Oklahoma, Cannabis Closet
- Facebook Event Page: Global Marijuana March 2012 - Alva Oklahoma.
- Website: Americans For Cannabis/Oklahoma
- Challenge: A challenge for Oklahoma to get 20 cities on the list for May 2009 at: http://www.potforfreedom.com/oklahomaprotest.html Oklahoma now has 4 cities on the list Alva, Edmond, Lawton and Tulsa...
- Upcoming Alva Oklahoma Protest: May 2009: http://www.potforfreedom.com/alva.html
- Other Oklahoma Cities: May 2009, Edmond: http://www.potforfreedom.com/edmond.html
Alva, Oklahoma (population around 5,000): Keary Prophet firstname.lastname@example.org 580 327 1577
- Links: http://www.potforfreedom.com http://www.potforfreedom.com/oklahomaprotest http://ok4cannabis.ning.com
- MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/kmkprophet http://www.myspace.com/alvaprotest
- Photos: http://cannabis.wikia.com/wiki/Alva,_Oklahoma,_USA#2008
- See report in description for this photo:
- Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wbJH8Tm7RAU
- Report: The Alva protest had about 12-15 people show up and hold signs. That's about 10 or 12 more than last year. This year's protest was approved by the Woods County Commissioners. Two of the three agreed to let the protest proceed as planned. I would just like to thank all the brave souls who came out and protested. "THANKS"!! for an archive of the Alva Oklahoma Protest please go to http://potforfreedom.com/alvaarchive.html
Written by: Keary Prophet. Ok, just let me start by thanking all who came and showed support and helped make our signs and stood before our community proudly. You guys don't know how much i needed you not only to support the cause but support my undying effort to inform our community about the flawed and unconstitutional Marijuana laws..
I had all but given up hope anyone would show up and help with these efforts when the first person arrived and told me more will be here in a little while. I was so relieved!! I mean it when i say you guys and gals are a credit to the community. You're the greatest. Thanks!!
As for the few who came from afar and decided maybe our efforts weren't good enough.. well shame on you for not sticking around and making our small crowd just a little bigger. You drove a long ways for nothing? why?
Next year please just put your city on the list and have your own protest. I think if you did that it would gather plenty of attention and get your community informed and evolved or at least instill thoughts into there minds that maybe these laws are unjust and unconstitutional. Just something to think about. No hard feeling here guys!! I understand maybe you expected something bigger or more exiting and thats Ok I understand.
People of my community... what the heck happened? are you not convinced yet these laws need to be changed? or that we need to protect our sick and dying?
maybe you don't believe marijuana is medicine. maybe you don't care that hemp can save our planet and reverse greenhouse effects. Maybe you like being slaves to DuPont Petrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals and the Oil and Gas Industries.
So what message would you rather send the rest of the community that building prisons is cool with you and locking non-violent criminals up is good for Society. Your cool with the outrageous gas prices and Global Warming, the violation of our Civil Rights on a mass scale..
Of course all this is just an assumption but what do you expect?
A Girl Scout Cookie? a pat on the back for leaving your fellow countrymen hanging in our most desperate time of need? You all should be ashamed of yourselves!!! As far as i'm concerned your non action in this time of need is completely Un-American. What happened to the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave?
On another note, I think we did great things Saturday despite the odds. We had a lot of people giving us the thumbs up, taking our pictures, Honking for Hemp, and a few came and got some information about cannabis/hemp/marijuana. one lady even asked if we were taking donations..
We didn't make the paper this year but that's probably cause I have been in it a few times in the last couple months. Getting this protest approved by our Commissioners was a big step forward and that got some attention from the press. Then in an attempt to get the word out about the upcoming protest and Oklahoma medical marijuana laws i wrote a letter to the editor which got printed the next day and just 2 or 3 day before the protest.. Maybe they thought i was getting a little to much attention on this issue.
Anyways thanks again to all who came out..
P.S. all my writing are rough drafts. Deal with it!!!
- Link: http://www.potforfreedom.com/oklahomaprotest
- MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/alvaprotest
- Forum and blog: Report, and partial scan of newspaper article (2 photos).  
- Press: Two newspaper articles on one page. One article has a photo.
- Press: "Local Coalition fights marijuana march planned for Alva". By Helen Barrett. May 2, 2008. Alva Review/Courier.
- Report: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mmmworld/message/592
- Report (from old GMM site):
There was a very low turnout of only 3 people at the protest this year despite my best efforts to get my community involved. After 5 months of preparation and hard work the protest in Alva didn't Last long. Thanks to what i feel was a major Violation of our Civil Rights by the Woods County Sheriffs Department. First a Sheriffs Deputy came over and said, "Get your things and get off the lawn now. You can't be on County Property, Get off the lawn and don't let me catch you on it again or I will arrest you." He was obviously angered at our presence. He then took a poster down that I had regretfully placed on a piece of city property and started walking off with it, when I asked him if I could have it back he said, "it's mine now." And about 45 minutes to an hour later Someone from the Woods County Commissioners Office came by along with another Sheriffs Deputy. They had a letter that stated we could not be on County Property without insurance. Then the Sheriff Deputy told us we had to be at least 21 feet from the corners of the streets. I already felt violated by the fact the first officer stole my sign and said we couldn't be on the lawn. Then to come at me with this bogus letter about insurance, and some crud about being 21 foot from the curb. It was all just a bunch of B.S. to snub us out and make it hard for us to protest. I told the officer "we are just trying to have a peaceful protest and its the damn police that aren't being peaceful." So we went and talked to our Lawyer and found out that they indeed could not stop us from being on the lawn or from having our protest. He said if insurance was the issue then everyone who stepped on the lawn would have to have it, and our Right to protest laws we don't like is a protected Right. We also have a Right to Free Speech. I have two words that come to mind about this whole situation "TYRANNY AND OPPRESSION." "To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. " -Abraham Lincoln
A small Marijuana Protest in Alva Oklahoma didn't last long due to the Sheriffs Department and a newly formed coalition calling itself the " Woods County Coalition" who in an article in the local newspaper vowed to "FIGHT" the planned marijuana Protest in Alva. And even listed the prior Drug Arrest Record of (Keary Prophet) the organizer of the protest in an attempt to smear his name and his credibility. Alva's Sheriffs Department was happy to assist the Woods County Coalition in the "FIGHT" to stop the Protest it seems. Trying every thing from telling the Protesters they could not be on the Courthouse Lawn and making them move to the sidewalk area then saying they had to be at least 21 feet away from the corner of the street,and then they produced a letter that said the Protesters had to have insurance coverage. The Protesters Lawyer informed them there was no legality in the letter as far as he could tell and that the Sheriffs Department could not prevent them from protesting on the courthouse lawn.
Written By: Keary Prophet on May 7th 2007.
- Links: http://www.potforfreedom.com http://ok4cannabis.ning.com http://www.myspace.com/alvaprotest
- Photos: http://gallery.marihemp.com/alva2006mmm
- Press: "Pro-Hemp Demonstration Held Saturday." By Lynn L. Martin. May 7, 2006. Alva Review/Courier. With photo.
- Report: This was the first marijuana protest to ever take place in Alva Oklahoma. We made local history with this one!!