Austin, Texas, USA
|The filibuster and presidential veto should be short delays before 50% +1 votes.|
|Source, and Wikipedia.|
|Economic justice delayed is justice denied. The filibuster is an antiquated notion from a bygone racist era.|
- 1 Table top
- 2 Top
- 3 Links
- 4 Info
- 5 Global Marijuana March
- 6 2019
- 7 2018
- 8 2014
- 9 2012
- 10 2011
- 11 2010
- 12 2009
- 13 2008
- 14 2002
- 15 1999
- 16 Site navigation
- 17 Cannabis is safer.
- 18 Nixon's racist drug war
- 19 The forever drug war
- 20 Today's far-right Republicans
- 21 $70 billion to end pandemic
- 22 GOP taxes screw middle class
- 23 Republican filibuster equals
- 23.1 US voter suppression
- 23.2 High US taxes on poor
- 23.3 And on US middle class
- 23.4 Low US minimum wage
- 23.5 High wealth inequality
- 23.6 High income inequality
- 23.7 Low quality of life
- 23.8 High household debt
- 23.9 High US medical debt
- 23.10 High student loan debt
- 23.11 Punitive bankruptcy law
- 23.12 Stagnant US wages
- 23.13 Racist law enforcement
- 23.14 Poorly rated healthcare
- 23.15 No universal healthcare
- 24 Single payer costs less
- 25 Portugal's drug decrim equals
- 26 50 drug overdose deaths yearly
- 27 Versus 95,000 overdoses in US
- 28 President Eisenhower. 1953:
- 29 His 91% top marginal tax rate
- 30 Equaled prosperity for more.
- 31 Republican President Lincoln
- 32 Created first progressive
- 33 US federal income tax.
- 34 Thomas Paine on the poor
- 35 Overpopulation = Warming
- 36 Categories
Share link: Austin. Local or regional cannabis-related links wanted. See more links here: Texas and United States. See cities by country on GMM map of all cities. See all cities (not just Global Marijuana March). See the yearly city and event lists for additional Facebook and other links.
|Click for more Austin event graphics and photos.|
- Texas Hemp Campaign.
- Texas Marijuana March Gallery ‹ Texas NORML.
- Texas. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- United States. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- Wikipedia: Cannabis in Texas.
- Wikipedia: Cannabis in the United States.
- Google Maps: Austin.
- Google images: Austin.
- Wikipedia: Austin.
- Wikitravel: Austin.
- Wikivoyage: Austin.
Global Marijuana March
no longer works well. It does not find all the yearly city lists containing a city name.
works well. Click: . Add city name to search, and state/province/nation as needed. This is an advanced search of main pages and templates. This will pull up all yearly maps in which the city is listed. Except for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2021 due to various problems. Putting quotes around multi-word city names helps focus the search: "New York City". This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. See: See:
- 420: .
May 3, GMM:
The May 5th 2012 Marijuana March brought to you by Texas NORML will begin at 12:00pm Noon.
- We will meet at City Hall on Cesar Chavez and march down Congress with our banners, posters and voices loudly heard!
- We will arrive at the Capitol steps and Rally from 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
- Guest speakers will be there to discuss drug policy reform.
- Guest bands will play counter culture inspired music to entertain.
- Bring your hacky sack, a tie dye t-shirt and a spirit of change.
- View photo gallery of previous Texas Marijuana Marches.
Together we CAN make a difference.
- NORML Marijuana March.
- Texas Marijuana March ’12 ‹ Texas NORML.
- Map of march route
If you would like to join thousands of Texans flooding the streets of Austin in the name of cannabis reform, please join us this year on May 1st. We will convene at Wooldridge Square Park at Ninth and Guadalupe in downtown Austin around 10:00 AM.
Please note that this year’s crusade WILL NOT be held at Zilker Park. We have enjoyed the last few years at Zilker’s Pecan Grove, however, thanks to the overwhelming response from cannabis consuming Texans statewide, our expected attendance this year will exceed the maximum capacity of the park.
We are happy to be able to host our event in this historical park. We will speak to you all from the same stage that Lyndon B. Johnson announced his bid for the presidency from. Over a century ago, the park was used as a city dump. So, to ensure that we don’t turn it into a dump again, we will have recycling stations at each corner of the park.
Remember, we are trying to show the world that cannabis consuming Texans are respectable people (which we are), and that we deserve to be treated as such in the eyes of the law. (which we currently are not) Please conduct yourself accordingly.
Things you can/should bring
Blanket, Bongo, Positive Vibes, Protest Sign(s), Sunscreen, Water, Folding Chair, Umbrella (just in case), Money, A Lighter, Phone, Camera, Well written letter to your State Representative explaining your position on cannabis, etc…
Things you should not bring
Negative Vibes, Weapons, Pets (Unless absolutely necessary), Drugs, etc…
There is limited available free parking. The metered parking spots in downtown are free of charge on weekends, but they will fill up fast. Austin residents are advised to check bus schedules or car pool to assist with the limited parking issue.
There are a number of pay to park garages within walking distance from the park. Below is a map of the local parking garages. Remember, you will have to pay to park in these garages.
If you are planning on traveling in from out of town and need a hotel room, below is a map, listing several hotels in Austin.
Mark your calendar, and recruit as many of your cannabis consuming compadres to join you at THE THIRD ANNUAL TEXAS CANNABIS CRUSADE on May 1st!
- Austin: Hector Sanchez hector(at)outgrowbigbro.org 512-553-0420 TexisCannabisCrusade.com . High Noon March from Zilker Park to the Capitol Building for a free concert/rally for legalization on the South Steps. We will then return to Zilker Park for MacGuyver Bong-making Competition with music and food until 9:00 PM.
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=131257&id=184393347359
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=122180&id=99611849173
Austin: Hector Sanchez hector(at)outgrowbigbro.org or Brad(at)TexasNORML.org 512-902-4447 . March from Zilker Park to the Capitol Building for a free concert/rally for legalization on the South Steps. We will then return to Zilker Park for a "Pot Luck for Pot Love" with music and food until 9:00 PM.
Report and photo:
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=131255&id=184393347359
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=122179&id=99611849173
- Report (from old GMM site): Our march was a huge success. We had several hundred people show up. It was a 12 hour festival from 10 AM - 10 PM, with 8 bands and 5 speaking guests. We made the front page of the daily Texan, and we were KEYE's "Big Story" (CNS 42- Austin) at 6:00 and 10:00 PM. So thanks for keeping us listed as the contact here, and of course we are planning on hosting next year.
- NORML Marijuana March. This 2012 article discusses the May 1, 1999 and May 6, 2000 marijuana marches.