Austin, Texas, USA
|News. - 2018: Global events. And: Facebook events.|
|See: More news. Archive. News sources. Facebook: Global Marijuana March . Hashtags: . Twitter: .
|More U.S. Imprisonment Does Not Reduce Drug Problems. And: 39% of Prisoners Should Not Be in Prison.|
|Country||Life expectancy. 2015||Under-5 mortality rate per 1000 live births. 2016.||Maternal mortality rate per 100,000 live births. 2015||Healthcare cost per person. (2). US dollars PPP||Murder rate per 100,000. 2016|
|82.2 years. (2)||4.9||7.3||1.7|
|79.3 years. (2)||6.5||26.4||5.3|
|Murder rate in Canada is lower due to far less handgun ownership. Why does National Public Radio, like most media, censor most of these international comparisons?.|
- 1 Top
- 2 Links
- 3 Info
- 4 Global Marijuana March
- 5 2018
- 6 2014
- 7 2012
- 8 2011
- 9 2010
- 10 2009
- 11 2008
- 12 2002
- 13 1999
- 14 Cannabis is safer
- 15 Presidents alone can not reschedule it
- 16 USA. Republican-led war on cannabis
- 17 Drug war, mass incarceration, control
- 18 Felon disenfranchisement & gerrymandering
- 19 Republican-led big spending on drug war
- 20 GOP-led spending on endless ground wars
- 21 U.S. infrastructure badly needs this money
- 22 U.S. household debt at all time high
- 23 U.S. middle class wealth has collapsed
- 24 Canadian middle class has surpassed USA
- 25 Many nations surpassed US middle class
- 26 USA. Richest 10% Own 84% of All Stocks
- 27 Republicans refuse to raise minimum wage
- 28 Green love
- 29 Canada has universal healthcare
- 30 Canada has single payer healthcare
- 31 Canadian healthcare costs much less
- 32 Half the cost of Obama-Trumpcare
- 33 USA could save $1.6 trillion YEARLY
- 34 Canada has better health outcomes
- 35 Each 10 million US uninsured equals
- 36 10,000 more deaths yearly. Also:
- 37 10,000 die waiting for disability yearly
- 38 Portugal has universal healthcare
- 39 Portugal decriminalized all drugs
- 40 Portugal has drug treatment for all
- 41 In Portugal few die of overdoses
- 42 Remove Republicans in 2018 vote
- 43 Categories
Share link: Austin. Local or regional cannabis-related links wanted. See more links here: Texas and United States. See cities by country on GMM map of all cities. See all cities (not just Global Marijuana March). See the yearly city and event lists for additional Facebook and other links.
|Click for more Austin event graphics and photos.|
- Texas Hemp Campaign.
- Texas Marijuana March Gallery ‹ Texas NORML.
- Texas. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- United States. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- Wikipedia: Cannabis in Texas.
- Wikipedia: Cannabis in the United States.
- Category: Cannabis-related links. For world, region, country, state, or province links.
- Updated link: Google map of many cannabis groups, clubs, growshops, and associations around the world. If you want to add your association or club send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org - Mapa de todos las asociaciones cannabicas y clubs cannabicos de todo el mundo especialmente españa y growshops, si quieres añadir tu asociacion o club manda un correo a email@example.com. See template.
- Wikipedia: Category: Cannabis by country. And: Commons: Category: Cannabis by country.
|*Please add more local or regional cannabis-related links.|
- Google Maps: Austin.
- Google images: Austin.
- Wikipedia: Austin.
- Wikitravel: Austin.
- Wikivoyage: Austin.
|Search Wikipedia, Wikitravel, Wikivoyage. See help.|
- MarijuanaTravels.com - Cities and countries. And Google site search.
- Media Awareness Project (MAP). Drug Policy Links: State, province, nation from Area menu. MAP Source Directory: State, province, nation from Area menu. Or A-Z from Source menu. Google search site for news, links, sources. By city, state, province, nation.
- Marijuana Travel Database. Marijuana travel reports. Countries and cities. Marijuana and travel, smoking laws and cannabis legality.
- WeBeHigh.org - Click "Travel Guides" button at top for continents. By U.S. state. And: Google site search.
- Marijuana Dispensary & Strain Reviews - Leafly.
- HeadShopFinder - Find Marijuana Dispensaries and Smoke Shops Near Me.
- PotGuide.com | Comprehensive Guide. Dispensaries, events, news, guides.
Global Marijuana March
no longer works well. It does not find all the yearly city lists containing a city name.
works well. Click: . Add city name to search, and state/province/nation as needed. This will pull up all yearly maps in which the city is listed. Except for 2015, 2016, or 2017 in which only countries were listed for the most part. This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. Cities and nations holding 4/20 events are also included in later years. 41 nations participated on May 6, 2017, or thereabouts. 44 nations participated on May 7, 2016, or thereabouts. 43 nations participated on May 2, 2015, or thereabouts. 212 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. 226 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 950 different cities have participated from 82 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
See Global Marijuana March (GMM) is the first Saturday in May or thereabouts.The
There are many GMM and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GMM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
|Years signed up: Browse the basic GMM city lists: ~ 1999. 2000. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 2010. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18.|
- 420: .
May 3, GMM:
The May 5th 2012 Marijuana March brought to you by Texas NORML will begin at 12:00pm Noon.
- We will meet at City Hall on Cesar Chavez and march down Congress with our banners, posters and voices loudly heard!
- We will arrive at the Capitol steps and Rally from 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
- Guest speakers will be there to discuss drug policy reform.
- Guest bands will play counter culture inspired music to entertain.
- Bring your hacky sack, a tie dye t-shirt and a spirit of change.
- View photo gallery of previous Texas Marijuana Marches.
Together we CAN make a difference.
- NORML Marijuana March.
- Texas Marijuana March ’12 ‹ Texas NORML.
- Map of march route
If you would like to join thousands of Texans flooding the streets of Austin in the name of cannabis reform, please join us this year on May 1st. We will convene at Wooldridge Square Park at Ninth and Guadalupe in downtown Austin around 10:00 AM.
Please note that this year’s crusade WILL NOT be held at Zilker Park. We have enjoyed the last few years at Zilker’s Pecan Grove, however, thanks to the overwhelming response from cannabis consuming Texans statewide, our expected attendance this year will exceed the maximum capacity of the park.
We are happy to be able to host our event in this historical park. We will speak to you all from the same stage that Lyndon B. Johnson announced his bid for the presidency from. Over a century ago, the park was used as a city dump. So, to ensure that we don’t turn it into a dump again, we will have recycling stations at each corner of the park.
Remember, we are trying to show the world that cannabis consuming Texans are respectable people (which we are), and that we deserve to be treated as such in the eyes of the law. (which we currently are not) Please conduct yourself accordingly.
Things you can/should bring
Blanket, Bongo, Positive Vibes, Protest Sign(s), Sunscreen, Water, Folding Chair, Umbrella (just in case), Money, A Lighter, Phone, Camera, Well written letter to your State Representative explaining your position on cannabis, etc…
Things you should not bring
Negative Vibes, Weapons, Pets (Unless absolutely necessary), Drugs, etc…
There is limited available free parking. The metered parking spots in downtown are free of charge on weekends, but they will fill up fast. Austin residents are advised to check bus schedules or car pool to assist with the limited parking issue.
There are a number of pay to park garages within walking distance from the park. Below is a map of the local parking garages. Remember, you will have to pay to park in these garages.
If you are planning on traveling in from out of town and need a hotel room, below is a map, listing several hotels in Austin.
Mark your calendar, and recruit as many of your cannabis consuming compadres to join you at THE THIRD ANNUAL TEXAS CANNABIS CRUSADE on May 1st!
- Austin: Hector Sanchez hector(at)outgrowbigbro.org 512-553-0420 TexisCannabisCrusade.com . High Noon March from Zilker Park to the Capitol Building for a free concert/rally for legalization on the South Steps. We will then return to Zilker Park for MacGuyver Bong-making Competition with music and food until 9:00 PM.
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=131257&id=184393347359
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=122180&id=99611849173
Austin: Hector Sanchez hector(at)outgrowbigbro.org or Brad(at)TexasNORML.org 512-902-4447 . March from Zilker Park to the Capitol Building for a free concert/rally for legalization on the South Steps. We will then return to Zilker Park for a "Pot Luck for Pot Love" with music and food until 9:00 PM.
Report and photo:
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=131255&id=184393347359
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=122179&id=99611849173
- Report (from old GMM site): Our march was a huge success. We had several hundred people show up. It was a 12 hour festival from 10 AM - 10 PM, with 8 bands and 5 speaking guests. We made the front page of the daily Texan, and we were KEYE's "Big Story" (CNS 42- Austin) at 6:00 and 10:00 PM. So thanks for keeping us listed as the contact here, and of course we are planning on hosting next year.
- NORML Marijuana March. This 2012 article discusses the May 1, 1999 and May 6, 2000 marijuana marches.