Brazil. Cannabis-related links
|The filibuster and presidential veto should be short delays before 50% +1 votes.|
- 1 Table top
- 2 Top
- 3 Cities
- 4 Links
- 5 Info
- 6 Global Marijuana March
- 7 2018
- 8 2017
- 9 2015
- 10 2014
- 11 2013
- 12 2012
- 13 2011. Marijuana rallies allowed
- 14 2011
- 15 2010
- 16 2009
- 17 2008
- 18 Site navigation
- 19 Cannabis is safer.
- 20 Nixon's racist drug war
- 21 The forever drug war
- 22 US Republican states
- 23 Today's far-right Republicans
- 24 $70 billion to end pandemic
- 25 GOP taxes screw middle class
- 26 Republican filibuster equals
- 26.1 US voter suppression
- 26.2 High US taxes on poor
- 26.3 And on US middle class
- 26.4 Low US minimum wage
- 26.5 High wealth inequality
- 26.6 High income inequality
- 26.7 Low quality of life
- 26.8 High household debt
- 26.9 High US medical debt
- 26.10 High student loan debt
- 26.11 Punitive bankruptcy law
- 26.12 Stagnant US wages
- 26.13 Racist law enforcement
- 26.14 Poorly rated healthcare
- 26.15 No universal healthcare
- 27 Single payer costs less
- 28 Portugal's drug decrim equals
- 29 50 drug overdose deaths yearly
- 30 Versus 95,000 overdoses in US
- 31 President Eisenhower. 1953:
- 32 His 91% top marginal tax rate
- 33 Equaled prosperity for more.
- 34 Republican President Lincoln
- 35 Created first progressive
- 36 US federal income tax.
- 37 Thomas Paine on the poor
- 38 Overpopulation = Warming
- 39 Categories
Share link: Brazil
|Click for more Brazil event graphics and photos by year.|
- See cities by country on GMM map. See all cities (not just Global Marijuana March). See the yearly city and event lists for additional Facebook and other links.
- (add city name).
- City pages on this wiki. Cities in Brazil: Americana. Aracaju. Atibaia. Belo Horizonte. Blumenau. Brasilia. Campinas. Campo Grande. Campos dos Goytacazes. Cuiaba. Curitiba. Diadema. Divinopolis. Florianopolis. Fortaleza. Foz do Iguacu. Goiania. Guarulhos. Itajuba Joao Pessoa. Joinville. Juiz de Fora. Jundiai. Lavras, Minas Gerais. Macapa. Maceio. Manaus. Mossoro. Natal. Niteroi. Nova Iguacu. Patos. Petropolis. Ponta Grossa. Porto Alegre. Presidente Prudente. Ribeirao Preto. Recife. Rio de Janeiro. Salvador. Santa Maria. Santos. Sao Bernardo do Campo. Sao Goncalo. Sao Jose do Rio Preto. Sao Jose dos Campos. Sao Paulo. Teresina. Uberlandia. Vale do Aco. Vicosa. Vitoria. Zona Sudoeste de Sao Paulo.
- MarchadaMaconha.org - Archive home. Last working archive at .org. Marijuana March city list archives by year: 2015. 2015b. 2014. 2014b. 2013. 2012. 2011. 2010. 2009 (scroll down). 2008. 2008 videos (extract Youtube URLs).
- MarchadaMaconha.net - Archive home. Marijuana March city list archives by year: 2017. 2017b.
- culturacannabica.com archive.
- Cortina de Fumaça.
- Marcha da Maconha. Pelotas.
- MLM – Movimento pela legalização da maconha
- Coletivo Plantando Informação.
- YouTube official channel of marchadamaconha.org
- Hempadao: Laricas de Informacao.
- Maconha da lata.
- LEAP Brasil.
- Google search: Marcha Maconha. Add city name.
- Latin America. Cannabis-related links.
- Wikipedia: Cannabis in Brazil.
- Google maps: Brazil.
- Google images: Brazil.
- Wikipedia: Brazil.
- Wikitravel: Brazil.
- Wikivoyage: Brazil.
Global Marijuana March
no longer works well. It does not find all the yearly city lists containing a city name.
works well. Click: . Add city name to search, and state/province/nation as needed. This is an advanced search of main pages and templates. This will pull up all yearly maps in which the city is listed. Except for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2021 due to various problems. Putting quotes around multi-word city names helps focus the search: "New York City". This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. See: See:
4/20 and Global Marijuana March:
- Map of many Brazilian cities; with dates and event pages. And: See bottom of this page and this one too.
Month of May:
- Google map of cities and dates.
- Sorocaba e Macapá abrem a temporada das Marchas da Maconha pelo Brasil - #Smoke Buddies.
- MarchadaMaconha.org archive: 2014. 2014b.
Many cities in May:
Brazil. Cities, dates, and times:
2011. Marijuana rallies allowed
June 15, 2011. Supreme Court legalizes marijuana rallies.
Besides the many marijuana marches held, or attempted, throughout May in Brazil, there were 40 more marches Saturday June 18 after the Supreme Court ruling June 15 legalizing marijuana rallies under freedom of speech.
- Brazil's marijuana march for freedom | Siân Herbert | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk. June 26, 2011.
- Brazil's high court OKs 'Marijuana Marches'. By Taylor Barnes, June 20, 2011. Christian Science Monitor.
- Brazil Supreme Court Rules Pro-Marijuana Marches Are Legal. By Phillip Smith, June 19, 2011.
- Brazilian demonstrations call for legal marijuana. June 20, 2011. Agence France-Presse.
- "Brazilian demonstrators held marches on the weekend calling for marijuana to be legalized after the country's top court ruled the gatherings could go ahead in the name of freedom of speech. The demonstrations were held in 40 towns and cities late Saturday, according to Brazilian media. Most were small affairs, with around 2,000 marching in the country's megapolis of Sao Paulo. Some people were seen smoking marijuana, but there were no immediate reports of arrests. Possession and use of marijuana remains illegal in Brazil, and some commentators and social groups said they saw the marches as violating a law on justifying crimes. But Brazil's Supreme Court last Wednesday ruled that the right to freedom of expression was more important and the marches could be held -- but that illicit drugs should not be consumed. Last month, when protesters tried to hold a pro-marijuana rally in Sao Paulo without judicial support, the march degenerated into clashes with police who fired tear gas to disperse them."
Brazil. Cities, dates, and times:
- File:Brazil 2011 GMM.jpg
- Marchas em 12 capitais pedem fim da criminalização da maconha — Rede Brasil Atual.
- Archive. Marcha da Maconha – Blog » Press Release 2011.
- Cultura Canábica | Divulgado o jingle da Marcha da Maconha 2011 | Nego Dito.
- MarchadaMaconha.org archive: 2011.
Some Google News results for the 2011 Global Marijuana March.
- See the index mirrored here and here. By language:
- mmm2011news2.htm - English. Brazil news is on top.
Brazil. Cities, dates, and times:
There was repression in most Brazilian cities that tried to hold Global Marijuana March events in 2008:
- Google searches: . . Videos. Images. Marijuana is 'maconha' in Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal).
- Flickr search: .
- English coverage of Global Marijuana March 2008 repression in Brazil:    . Reports with many videos linked by Brazilian city:  .