Cebu City, Philippines
- Share link: Cebu City
|Featured 2014 GMM crowd photos.|
- House bill to allow VA and veterans access to medical marijuana. Will Republicans pass it?
- “The Empty Chair at the Holiday Table” Campaign. Moms United to End the War. .
- Jesse Ventura: On the US police state. On Coast to Coast AM: Cannabis is his #1 issue .
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President.
- Chilean moms growing support for medical marijuana.
- Georgia: Democratic state senator Curt Thompson files 2 bills to legalize medical marijuana and recreational marijuana.
- 2016 election. "The Blue Wall is a block of states that no Republican Presidential candidate can realistically hope to win. ... Voter turnout was awful. It was more awful for the Democrats but the GOP won 52 percent of 35 percent of the vote: in other words their mandate is 17 percent of the registered electorate (and 13 percent of those eligible to vote)."
- New York City: Democrat Mayor de Blasio seeks mail-in payment for pot fines. He stopped Bloomberg's policy of arresting tens of thousands of brown people yearly for cannabis possession. . See Saturday Night Live video.
- UK conservatives like drug war , and taxing, underpaying, and pillaging the poor and middle class . The US drug war is part of Republican war on the poor and middle class where there has been an incredible transfer of wealth from the bottom 90% to the top 0.1%. See charts:
Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
- Republicans crushed in Oregon. Cannabis made legal . Presidential candidate from Oregon could end cannabis prohibition in 2016. Pew Poll shows support for legalization has increased 11 points since 2010. See Why Prisons Thrive . Also, record wealth inequality .
|More cannabis-related links.|
Please add more cannabis-related links of any kind to city, state, province, and country pages. See news. See Google News archives (for many years). See these links for searching for marijuana march videos. For events, web sites, concerts, groups, activism, bands, regional chapters, and more: Use these search links (add city, state, province, and country names): Google, Facebook, MeetUp.com, Wordpress.com, Blogspot.com (Google blogs), LiveJournal (2), Google Groups (2), and YouTube 2. Search for other words for cannabis such as marihuana (with an 'h'), maconha (Portuguese), etc.. Use Google translation to read text written in various languages. Search other social networking sites. Search for local medical marijuana dispensaries at LegalMarijuanaDispensary.com, and at many other directories online. Add chapter links (local, state, province, and country links) for various organizations. See: United States. Cannabis-related links. See Category: Cannabis-related links. See MAP: Drug Policy Links, and choose a state, nation, or province from the Area dropdown menu. See ENCOD.org (member organizations worldwide), INPUD (drug user organisations), Teapot Party (chapters), and more. Search the cannabis.shoutwiki.com site for specific cities, and links for them. For example; see the detailed Global Marijuana March city lists to find local links from different years. See the "City info" sections of city pages for Wikipedia links. The Wikipedia pages for cities also have media links. See: Media Awareness Project links. ENCOD: European Coalition for Just and Effective Drug Policies. Wikipedia: ENCOD. Click map for news. Organizations. Country links. EMCDDA: European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction. Wikipedia: EMCDDA. See country overviews. And detailed info by country. Marijuana Travel Database:
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|Find GMM graphics and other event graphics for any city.|
- Philippines. Cannabis-related links.
- See the above pages for additional Facebook and other links.
|Local or regional cannabis-related links wanted.|
- Google Maps: Cebu City.
- Google images: Cebu City.
- Wikipedia: Cebu City.
- Wikitravel: Cebu (city).
- Wikivoyage: Cebu City.
- WeBeHigh.org: Asia. See Philippines section, and its city list.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- MarijuanaTravels.com: Cebu, Philippines.
- Wa'y Blima! Cebu Visitors Guide: Life in Cebu: Public Safety.
Most of the bud from Cebu comes from the nearby provinces. Some comes from Alcoy and Dalaguete but most of it is from Balamban and Toledo. As with the rest of the Philippines, you should be very careful with bud. Even a few grams can land you in a third world jail and there is no bail. However, this is not to say that you can't smoke in this city. You can safely smoke as long as you are in a car. Police and even check points will not bother private cars. Just keep your windows rolled up when there are people nearby. Motorcycles are another matter though as they are regularly stopped and searched. You may also get stopped and searched if you are on a jeepney. However, local law enforcement also does not stop or search taxis. If you do get caught, do bribe the policeman on the spot. Tell him he is doing a great job and that you respect him or something to that effect. Just flatter him then tell him you would like to settle it on the spot. Slip him a 500 or 1000-5000 peso bribe. Do not show your id and try to get out of there as quickly as possible. Local laws are very strict but the cops are equally easy to bribe. They probably earn $10 a day.
Scoring in Cebu
Also be very careful when making a score in Cebu. You may be the victim of a narc or a snitch. To be safe, score from people who smoke. Most foreigners will smoke. You can find them at pubs and strip clubs and if they do smoke, they can usually hook you up. You can head down to the turtle's nest restaurant. If there are any Rastafarians there, they may help you score. If you do get lucky, scoring in Cebu can be rewarding. Prices can be as low as 2000 Pesos (40 something dollars) for a kilo (2.2 pounds) Prices for a kilo will usually be 5000-6000 pesos. 500 pesos will usually get you an ounce or two.
Being a local, I don't really have anything to compare Cebuano buds with in terms of quality. I have never had hydro. However, do expect it to be low quality to midz at best. Sometimes you might get lucky and get really decent quality buds. Other times, you will get straight up schwag. In any case, never buy a pre-rolled joint. You will have the worst joint you have ever had. It will be mostly paper and filled with stems, seeds and sometimes a few bud crumbs will be in there. Forget about strains when in Cebu. People do not know about strains there. No one will be able to tell indica from sativa. They will only label it as good shit or bad shit.
Global Marijuana March
GMM (years signed up). This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. 210 cities from 40 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. Cities holding 4/20 events are also included. 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 845 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
Global Million Marijuana March. GMM Facebook pages. GMM yearly city totals. Many GMM links. 845 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999. Google News archives. GMM on Wikipedia. Google (add name of city to searches):        . . Google maps: city, state, nation. Photos, graphics, and image searches: Marijuana March:     . Marihuana March:    . Marcha Marihuana (Spanish):    . Marche Mondiale Cannabis (French):    . Marche Mondiale Marijuana (French):    . Marcha Maconha or Marcha Marijuana (Portuguese):        . Google Advanced Image Search (find free images). GMM Blogs: . Travel blogs with photos: . Wikipedia: Legality of cannabis by country: Erowid.org. WeBeHigh.org - home page lists all cities. Old Yahoo Groups:   . Basic city lists by year. Marijuana polls. Upload posters, flyers, and banners. See also Wikimedia upload.
GMM, MMM. First Saturday in May (or thereabouts). See also: 4/20 events. Years: 210 cities from 40 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 177 cities from 34 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. 274 cities for May 7, 2011. 328 cities for May 1, 2010. 270 for May 2, 2009. 240 for May 3, 2008. 230 for May 5, 2007. 203 for May 6, 2006. 184 for May 7, 2005. 165 for May 1, 2004. 235 for May 3, 2003. 199 for May 4, 2002. 119 for May 5, 2001. 104 for May 6, 2000. 31 for May 1, 1999.
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
May 2, 2015 is the first Saturday in May! See the 2015 Global Marijuana March and 420 map.
Some GMM and 4/20 organizers. Facebook pages, etc.. Native languages indicated. English: Narina Walls. Timeshifter (Wiki, 2. Talk, 2. Google+). German: Martin Aus Berlin. French: Allu Marine. Farid Ghehioueche. Raphaël Boniton (GMMizer). Norwegian: Piotr Gleichgewicht. Spanish: Paco Mascaraque (Associations).
There are many GMM Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page. See GMM categories: Global Marijuana March and GMM graphics.
Share link: signup
Paulo Varela. PORMAL. Philippine Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.
Cannabis is safer
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
|Cannabis is safer!|
|See full article: Cannabis is safer.
Quotes in the image to the left (and in the text below) are from the U.S. government's landmark 1999 Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. The full text of the report is available for free online at the above link, and is searchable. The table of contents by chapter is on the sidebar. The report is also available as a free PDF download. Quotes below are followed by their references. Emphasis added.
Page 109: "Indeed, epidemiological data indicate that in the general population marijuana use is not associated with increased mortality. 138"
Page 107: "When heavy marijuana use accompanies these symptoms [amotivation], the drug is often cited as the cause, but no convincing data demonstrate a causal relationship between marijuana smoking and these behavior characteristics. 23"
Page 119: "There is no conclusive evidence that marijuana causes cancer in humans, including cancers usually related to tobacco use."
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President.