Cebu City, Philippines
- Share link: Cebu City
- Marijuana Legalization: 250 Italian Lawmakers Support Cannabis Decriminalization. And: Drug war failure: Greens want Portuguese model in Australia.
- Poll Shows Bernie Sanders Would Crush Donald Trump In 2016. Facebook.
|Education saves money, because recidivism is much less for educated inmates. Save more: Adulthood could start at 16, and that high school money could be allocated to 2 years of free college. Mandatory education is inefficient. College works better because it is voluntary. Nothing really useful for skilled jobs is learned in most poor public high schools. And it is easier to get college loans after passing 2 years of free college.|
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|Find GMM graphics and other event graphics for any city.|
- Philippines. Cannabis-related links.
- See the above pages for additional Facebook and other links.
|Local or regional cannabis-related links wanted.|
- Google Maps: Cebu City.
- Google images: Cebu City.
- Wikipedia: Cebu City.
- Wikitravel: Cebu (city).
- Wikivoyage: Cebu City.
- WeBeHigh.org: Asia. See Philippines section, and its city list.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- MarijuanaTravels.com: Cebu, Philippines.
- Wa'y Blima! Cebu Visitors Guide: Life in Cebu: Public Safety.
Most of the bud from Cebu comes from the nearby provinces. Some comes from Alcoy and Dalaguete but most of it is from Balamban and Toledo. As with the rest of the Philippines, you should be very careful with bud. Even a few grams can land you in a third world jail and there is no bail. However, this is not to say that you can't smoke in this city. You can safely smoke as long as you are in a car. Police and even check points will not bother private cars. Just keep your windows rolled up when there are people nearby. Motorcycles are another matter though as they are regularly stopped and searched. You may also get stopped and searched if you are on a jeepney. However, local law enforcement also does not stop or search taxis. If you do get caught, do bribe the policeman on the spot. Tell him he is doing a great job and that you respect him or something to that effect. Just flatter him then tell him you would like to settle it on the spot. Slip him a 500 or 1000-5000 peso bribe. Do not show your id and try to get out of there as quickly as possible. Local laws are very strict but the cops are equally easy to bribe. They probably earn $10 a day.
Scoring in Cebu
Also be very careful when making a score in Cebu. You may be the victim of a narc or a snitch. To be safe, score from people who smoke. Most foreigners will smoke. You can find them at pubs and strip clubs and if they do smoke, they can usually hook you up. You can head down to the turtle's nest restaurant. If there are any Rastafarians there, they may help you score. If you do get lucky, scoring in Cebu can be rewarding. Prices can be as low as 2000 Pesos (40 something dollars) for a kilo (2.2 pounds) Prices for a kilo will usually be 5000-6000 pesos. 500 pesos will usually get you an ounce or two.
Being a local, I don't really have anything to compare Cebuano buds with in terms of quality. I have never had hydro. However, do expect it to be low quality to midz at best. Sometimes you might get lucky and get really decent quality buds. Other times, you will get straight up schwag. In any case, never buy a pre-rolled joint. You will have the worst joint you have ever had. It will be mostly paper and filled with stems, seeds and sometimes a few bud crumbs will be in there. Forget about strains when in Cebu. People do not know about strains there. No one will be able to tell indica from sativa. They will only label it as good shit or bad shit.
Global Marijuana March
GMM (years signed up). This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. 211 cities from 41 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. Cities holding 4/20 events are also included. 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 849 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
Global Million Marijuana March. GMM Facebook pages. GMM yearly city totals. Many GMM links. See also: 420 event lists. And: More cannabis-related links. 849 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999. Google News archives. GMM on Wikipedia. Google (add name of city to searches):        . . Google maps: city, state, nation. Photos, graphics, and image searches: Marijuana March:     . Marihuana March:    . Marcha Marihuana (Spanish):    . Marche Mondiale Cannabis (French):    . Marche Mondiale Marijuana (French):    . Marcha Maconha or Marcha Marijuana (Portuguese):        . Google Advanced Image Search (find free images). GMM Blogs: . Travel blogs with photos: . Wikipedia: Legality of cannabis by country: Erowid.org. WeBeHigh.org - home page lists all cities. Old Yahoo Groups:   . Basic city lists by year. Marijuana polls. Upload posters, flyers, and banners. See also Wikimedia upload.
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
211 cities from 41 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts.
Here is an ingenious way to invite people to GMM events. Hold raffle with people making image comments and tagging at least 3 people. See this image. "Tag three friends in a comment on this photo for a chance to win a free event t-shirt from DFW NORML and friends on the day of the event."
There are many GMM Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page. See GMM categories: Global Marijuana March and GMM graphics.
Paulo Varela. PORMAL. Philippine Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.
Cannabis is safer
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video. Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- U.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder Ends Incentive For Law Enforcement To Seize Property.
Reagan's war on cannabis
|2015. The 70th anniversary of victory over fascism. The 35th anniversary of Reagan's war on cannabis.|
|Drug war + Trickle-down Reaganomics, = mass incarceration and mass control.|
Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
Cost of drug war
- See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Drug war charts and maps. See: cannabis arrests.
|See article: Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|