Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Share link: Chicago
- 1 Top
- 2 2014
- 3 Links
- 4 City info
- 5 Global Marijuana March
- 6 2013
- 7 2012
- 8 2010
- 9 2009
- 10 2008
- 11 2006
- 12 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
- 13 Cannabis is safer
- 14 Drug war, control, mass incarceration
- 15 Green love
- 16 Single-Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare
- 17 USA. Republican-led drug war
- 18 Categories
- Facebook: 2014 Global Cannabis March - Chicago.
- Chicago 2014 Global Cannabis March coming to Daley Plaza Saturday May 3.
- Celebrating Progress On Medicinal Marijuana In Illinois | Progress Illinois. 
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|Find GMM graphics and other event graphics for any city.|
- Category: Cannabis-related links. For nation, state, or province links.
- Illinois. Cannabis-related links
- Find more Facebook and other links in the above-linked pages.
- illinoisnorml.org and Events.
- Google Maps: Chicago.
- Google images: Chicago.
- Wikipedia: Chicago.
- Wikitravel: Chicago.
- Wikivoyage: Chicago.
- WeBeHigh.org - Chicago.
- MarijuanaTravels.com - Cities and countries. And Google site search.
Global Marijuana March
GMM (years signed up). (The city search of basic city lists will not find 2015, 2016, or 2017 cities since the 2015-17 GMM-420 pages list only countries, and not cities). This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. Cities and nations holding 4/20 events are also included in later years. 39 nations participated on May 7, 2016, or thereabouts. 43 nations participated on May 2, 2015, or thereabouts. 212 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 888 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
GMM: photos, basic city lists, maps, detailed city lists, years, regions, nations, links, graphics. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis. And: Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana. And: Global Marijuana March. See signup.
Global Million Marijuana March. GMM Facebook pages. GMM yearly city totals. Many GMM links. See also: 420 event lists. And: More cannabis-related links. And: Google News archives. And: GMM on Wikipedia. Google (add name of city to searches):        . . Google maps: city, state, nation.
Photos, graphics, and image searches: Marijuana March:     . Marihuana March:    . Marcha Marihuana (Spanish):    . Marche Mondiale Cannabis (French):    . Marche Mondiale Marijuana (French):    . Marcha Maconha or Marcha Marijuana (Portuguese):        . Google Advanced Image Search (find free images). Pinterest: . GMM Blogs: . Travel blogs with photos: . Wikipedia: Legality of cannabis by country: Erowid.org. WeBeHigh.org - many cities worldwide. Old Yahoo Groups:   . Basic city lists by year. Marijuana polls. And: Wiki upload posters, flyers, and banners. See also Wikimedia upload.
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
There are many GMM and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GMM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
GMM, May 4:
- Facebook: Global Cannabis March - Chicago.
- Friday to Monday May 15 - 18, 2009 in Charleston, Illinois. Court support events, marches, and more.
- Chicago: Richey richey.gupta(at)gmail.com 847-275-0473 . or Dan Linn danlinn(at)illinoisnorml.org 847 341 0591 Federal Plaza Saturday, May 2nd (at) NOON.
- Link: http://antidote.50megs.com/html/chicago.htm
- Blog with Youtube video
- Participants marched with police escorts through the city, displaying signs, singing, dancing and chanting in peaceful protest.
Chicago: Richey richey.gupta(at)gmail.com 847-275-0473 . or Dan Linn danlinn(at)illinoisnorml.org 847 341 0591 200 people in '07, 40 marching. Federal Plaza Saturday, May 3rd (at) NOON.
- Link: http://www.illinoisnorml.org
- Report (from old GMM site):
After spending a lot of the last two weeks helping promote the Global Marijuana March event from word I was getting out of Chicago, on may 5, at 2:15 in the afternoon I hopped on a Trialways bus head for the Chi-town in what would be over six an half hour bus trip one way.
I had a two hour lay-over in Bloomington, Illinois so I pulled out my lil CD player and we listen to the Individuals Something To Smoke To CD, talked, partied while waiting on the bus from Bloomington to Chicago.
I'm starting to feel good about this trip thinking it is Chicago we should draw 100 maybe 300 people out. I would have never have guessed the weekend was going to be a nightmare.
My bus arrives in Chicago at 8:35 Friday night; Richey was there to pick me up just as he said he would be. I put my bags into the trunk of Richey's car, and we were off to Windy Allen's place. This is where the nightmare begins!
Richey forgets, but that’s OK, Windy will have some when we get there. She did and that was the best thing about the first night in Chicago.
We pull up to Windy's house, and I get my bags out of Richey car while he calls Windy on his cell phone so she will come out and let us in her place. Windy lives in a basement room, she offered me a spot on her floor about a week ago and I excepted, thinking it would be a swept floor, I was wrong. Windy comes out to meet us we chat for a lil, and she invites us in. Richey said, he had to be going, but before leaving we talked more about Richey coming back the next morning to pick us up before the march. We all agreed on between 9:30 and 10:00 in the morning before Richey takes off for the night.
Windy and I headed into her one room basement apartment. Books and papers flung around the room, and in Windy's words the counters are somewhat clean. Now I'm a lil upset with Richey for dropping me off at this place. I would have stayed at the bus station, it was cleaner (I found out later Richey had never been in her apt.). I put my bags on a chair and Windy ask if I want anything to eat or drink. I didn't want anything but she was persistent so I said I would drink some coffee.
She picked up a jar of water next to several other jars of water dump out some of the water added a couple spoonfuls of coffee and stuck it in the microwave. I sit the coffee down never touching it or drinking a drop of it.
I finally got Windy to go out to the van and medicate before I had to try and sleep on that floor.
Windy was in charge of finding a sound system or bullhorn from the way she talked. She said she would pick-up a bullhorn on the way to the march in the morning.
I woke up with a killer backache from sleeping on the floor. Richey got there at 10:00 because of Windy dragging ass we didn't leave her place until after 11:00 and she had us running here and there before we even headed to pick up a bullhorn for the march.
Windy was in Radio Shack for over ten minutes telling Richey on the Cell phone she was getting the bullhorn while we was double parked in the street waiting for her. When Windy does return it is without a bullhorn. So now no sound system or bullhorn at the event.
We pull up in front of the Federal Plaza at 12:10 there was a small group of people that showed up for the march and there were just as many policemen.
I got out of Richey car a lil disgusted about the show in people and the big show of law enforcement.
My bag was heavy and I walked right past the small group that had gathered already so I could sit me bag down. I didn't get a chance to thank that group of people for coming out, before they took off.
I'm sure the show in law enforcement detoured some from gathering with us.
As the day went on we had a few stand with us, but never having 15 or more people at onetime there nor did anyone carry any signs. Even I was guilty of not bringing my own sign, no jail for pot, and I gave my Free the Vancouver 3 to the Individuals because I didn't want to carry it back from the Smoke Out protest last year in Chicago, The cop's dwindled as an hour or so pasted to one police officer and one paddy wagon.
Here I want to plug I believe it was Channel 7 in Chicago. They didn't cover us, but they did come out with I camera truck. They went bye, went around the block and bye us again. They were there to cover it if more people would have showed up.
At 3:00 in the afternoon Richey was ready to go when it was down to four or five of us. Dan Lynn from NORML, Richey of Lokal 420 Jason of US Marijuana Party of Illinois and I.
Richey and I took Wendy to her van dropped her off. We head to the bus station. I got the next ticket to Peoria which would be 7:00am the next morning.
Now I have to spend the night at the bus station. I let Richey know that I would have to hang around the bus station all day and night.
Richey called a buddy, the next thing I knew we were headed for a college party. Oh to be young again, the drinking games they come up with, and drinking out of the keg as you are upside down. Oh what fun they have! But there was not much open smoking of marijuana.
I know free beer will get people to events and rallies, and it did remind me that I'm not a young man anymore.
Richey took me back to the bus station around 11:00pm it would be another eight hours before I would be heading home and another 12 hours before I would be home.
I want to thank the ones that showed up, well you know the saying '---- the rest of you'.
Richey got some video with my cam, not sure what's on it yet but will have it up in a day or two.
On behalf of the ones that were to organize this event in Chicago, sorry.
They say if it doesn't play in Peoria, it won't play anywhere. Well next year a Global Marijuana March will play in Peoria!
US Marijuana Party
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration
|See: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|Wikipedia: Population milestone babies.|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Single-Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare
Portugal. Few die of overdose
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article.
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.
USA. Republican-led drug war
The Cannabis War is over and the U.S. Republican Party has lost. They may not know it yet, so keep marching, lobbying, and voting! Please register and vote! See: Reagan's War on Cannabis. And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration.
Vermont's Republican Governor Scott Vetoes Marijuana Legalization bill of Democrat legislature. May 24, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.
|U.S. Republican Party: Greed, Ground Wars, Drug Wars, and Mass Incarceration.|