Denver, Colorado, USA
- Share link: Denver
|Poll. US voters support single payer Medicare-for-all 51 - 38 percent. As do doctors.|
|Country||Life expectancy. 2015||Under-five infant mortality rate per 1000 live births. 2015||Maternal mortality rate per 100,000 live births. 2015||Per capita expenditure on health (USD - PPP). Public and private costs. 2015||Healthcare costs as a percent of GDP. 2015||% of health costs paid by government. 2014|
|Videos exposing Republican myths about Canadian healthcare:|||
- 1 Top
- 2 2014
- 3 Links
- 4 City info
- 5 Global Marijuana March
- 6 2013
- 7 2012
- 8 2011
- 9 2010
- 10 2009
- 11 2006
- 12 2005
- 13 More info, links, years
- 14 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
- 15 Cannabis is safer
- 16 Presidents alone can not reschedule it
- 17 Drug war, control, mass incarceration
- 18 USA. Republican war on cannabis
- 19 Green love
- 20 Health care. Canada versus USA
- 21 Single Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare
- 22 20 million uninsured: 20,000+ deaths yearly
- 23 Remove Republicans in 2018 US elections
- 24 Categories
May 3, GMM:
- 2014 Rally.
- 420 Rally | the Denver 420 Rally at Civic Center Park, Denver CO.
- Denver | Cannabis Cup.
- Denver High Times Cannabis Cup | Hail Mary Jane.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|Find GMM graphics and other event graphics for any city.|
- Category: Cannabis-related links. For nation, state, or province links.
- United States. Cannabis-related links
- See the above pages for additional Facebook and other links.
- Youtube videos of 4/20 events in Denver.
- Sensible Colorado.
- Legalize 2012: Colorado Marijuana Legalization Ballot Initiative Petition Campaign.
- Wikipedia: Safer Alternative for Enjoyable Recreation (SAFER).
- SAFER - Home. - saferchoice.org.
- Safer Denver .
- SAFER - YouTube.
- Colorado Medical Marijuana.
- The Medical Marijuana Doctors.
- Denver Marijuana Dispensaries Directory.
- Google Maps: Denver.
- Google images: Denver.
- Wikipedia: Denver.
- Wikitravel: Denver.
- Wikivoyage: Denver.
- WeBeHigh.org: Denver.
- MarijuanaTravels.com - Cities and countries. And Google site search.
Global Marijuana March
GMM (years signed up). (The city search of basic city lists will not find 2015, 2016, or 2017 cities since the 2015-17 GMM-420 pages list only countries, and not cities). This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. Cities and nations holding 4/20 events are also included in later years. 39 nations participated on May 7, 2016, or thereabouts. 43 nations participated on May 2, 2015, or thereabouts. 212 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 889 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
GMM: photos, basic city lists, maps, detailed city lists, years, regions, nations, links, graphics. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis. And: Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana. And: Global Marijuana March. See signup.
Global Million Marijuana March. GMM Facebook pages. GMM yearly city totals. Many GMM links. See also: 420 event lists. And: More cannabis-related links. And: Google News archives. And: GMM on Wikipedia. Google (add name of city to searches):        . . Google maps: city, state, nation.
Photos, graphics, and image searches: Marijuana March:     . Marihuana March:    . Marcha Marihuana (Spanish):    . Marche Mondiale Cannabis (French):    . Marche Mondiale Marijuana (French):    . Marcha Maconha or Marcha Marijuana (Portuguese):        . Google Advanced Image Search (find free images). Pinterest: . GMM Blogs: . Travel blogs with photos: . Wikipedia: Legality of cannabis by country: Erowid.org. WeBeHigh.org - many cities worldwide. Old Yahoo Groups:   . Basic city lists by year. Marijuana polls. And: Wiki upload posters, flyers, and banners. See also Wikimedia upload.
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
There are many GMM and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GMM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
- Cannapages Presents - Four-Twenty Eve with the Flobots - Apr 19, 2013 - EZregister.
- Colorado 420 Coalition.
- High Times Denver Cannabis Cup | Hail Mary Jane.
- Legal Weed Draws Tourists To Colorado, Washington, For 4/20 Marijuana Holiday. Huffington Post.
GMM, May 7:
- Greene: No one's told drug-war soldier about peace breaking out. By Susan Greene (Denver Post columnist). Jan. 17, 2010.
April 2-3. Colorado Cannabis Convention 2010
- Colorado Cannabis Convention 2010 | Denver Dispensaries - Denver Green Tour.
- Colorado Cannabis Convention : Marijuana Radio.
- The Denver Chronicle: Colorado Cannabis Convention.
- Huge Medical Marijuana Convention in Denver | Cannabis Culture Magazine.
GMM May 2009:
- SAFER on Huffington Post: Pop star Joss Stone under attack for marijuana comment. November 16, 2009. Written by Mason Tvert, Executive director and co-founder, SAFER.
November 1, 2005. Denver becomes the first city in the USA to legalize cannabis for recreational use. The I-100 initiative is passed by the voters 53.5% to 46.5%. It legalizes up to one ounce of marijuana for individuals 21 and older. The initiative also made possession of marijuana by those under 18 punishable by fine only.
- Wikipedia: Safer Alternative for Enjoyable Recreation (SAFER).
- Denver votes to legalize marijuana possession. By Patrick O'Driscoll. November 3, 2005. USA Today.
- Denver Is First City to Legalize Small Amount of Pot. By Stephanie Simon. November 03, 2005. Los Angeles Times. Archived here, too.
- Denver Votes to End Marijuana Prohibition. Spring 2006. Marijuana Policy Report (Volume 12, Number 1). Marijuana Policy Project. Source for 53.5% to 46.5% result.
- Denver Votes To Abolish Pot Penalties. November 2, 2005. NORML.
- Weed Watch: More Hypocrisy. By Jordan Smith. November 18, 2005. The Austin Chronicle.
- Pot Vote Prompts Worldwide Attention. By Alan Gathright. November 4, 2005. Rocky Mountain News. Archived here, too.
Under Colorado state law, having an ounce of marijuana or less is punishable by a $100 fine but no jail time. See:
- NORML. State By State Laws > Colorado.
- Wikipedia: Places that have decriminalized non-medical cannabis in the United States#Colorado
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents alone can not reschedule it
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
Neither the president nor the Attorney General can reschedule marijuana by themselves.  . The two of them together also can not do so. See Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act. See "Process" section.
Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration
|See: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money. And: Senator Kamela Harris push for bail reform.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
USA. Republican war on cannabis
The Cannabis War is over and the U.S. Republican Party has lost. They may not know it yet, so keep marching, lobbying, and voting! Please register and vote! See: Reagan's War on Cannabis. And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration.
Vermont's Republican Governor Scott Vetoes Marijuana Legalization bill of Democrat legislature. May 24, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.
- Missouri's Republican governor signs state law lowering St. Louis minimum wage. . July 3, 2017. And: Iowa's Republican governor signs law overturning local minimum wage increases. March 30, 2017.
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|Wikipedia: Population milestone babies.|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Health care. Canada versus USA
- See also: End drug war with universal healthcare. And: Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization.
|Country||Life expectancy||Infant mortality rate||Healthcare cost per person (2). (US dollars. PPP)|
|Canada||82.2 years.(2)||4.9 per 1000 births.||Public and private costs.|
|USA||79.3 years.(2)||6.5 per 1000 births.||Public and private costs.|
Single Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare
20 million uninsured: 20,000+ deaths yearly
Portugal. Few die of overdoses
- See: Canadian single-payer universal healthcare versus US healthcare. And: Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization. And:
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article.
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.
Remove Republicans in 2018 US elections