Global Marijuana March Europe
|Featured GMM crowd photos over years.|
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
See Global Marijuana March (GMM) is the first Saturday in May or thereabouts.The
There are many GMM and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GMM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
- 1 Top
- 2 GMM cities in Europe
- 2.1 Austria
- 2.2 Belarus
- 2.3 Belgium
- 2.4 Bulgaria
- 2.5 Croatia
- 2.6 Czech Republic
- 2.7 Cyprus
- 2.8 Denmark
- 2.9 Faroe Islands
- 2.10 Finland
- 2.11 France
- 2.12 Germany
- 2.13 Greece
- 2.14 Hungary
- 2.15 Iceland
- 2.16 Ireland
- 2.17 Italy
- 2.18 Lithuania
- 2.19 Luxembourg
- 2.20 Malta
- 2.21 Moldova
- 2.22 Netherlands
- 2.23 Northern Ireland
- 2.24 Norway
- 2.25 Poland
- 2.26 Portugal
- 2.27 Romania
- 2.28 Serbia
- 2.29 Sicily
- 2.30 Slovakia
- 2.31 Slovenia
- 2.32 Spain
- 2.33 Sweden
- 2.34 Switzerland
- 2.35 Ukraine
- 2.36 United Kingdom
- 3 GMM cities in Russia
- 4 Cannabis is safer
- 5 Presidents alone can not reschedule it
- 6 USA. Republican war on cannabis
- 7 Drug war, control, mass incarceration
- 8 Green love
- 9 Canadian healthcare costs much less
- 10 Half the cost of Obama-Trumpcare
- 11 Canada has single payer healthcare
- 12 Canada has universal healthcare
- 13 Canada has better health outcomes
- 14 Each 10 million US uninsured equals
- 15 10,000 more deaths yearly. Also:
- 16 10,000 die waiting for disability yearly
- 17 Portugal has universal healthcare
- 18 Portugal decriminalized all drugs
- 19 Portugal has drug treatment for all
- 20 In Portugal few die of overdoses
- 21 Remove Republicans in 2018 vote
- 22 Categories
|Right-click any region for its city list.|
The Global Marijuana March (GMM) is also known as the Million Marijuana March (MMM), and Global Cannabis March. There are local names for the event too. Such as: World Cannabis Day, Cannabis Liberation Day, Global Space Odyssey, Ganja Day, J Day, etc.. GMM occurs on the first Saturday in May, or thereabouts, depending on the city. It may include marches, meetings, rallies, raves, concerts, festivals, information tables, and more. It is a celebration embracing cannabis culture as a personal lifestyle choice. Participants unite to discuss, promote, entertain and educate both consumers and non-consumers alike. See GMM, GMM Facebook, and GMM links for many links for reports, photos, videos, press, media, posters, maps, flyers, etc.. See also: 420 event lists and Legality of cannabis by country.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|Find GMM graphics and other event graphics for any city.|
GMM cities in Europe
- 211 cities from 36 nations and subnational areas in Europe (and the North Atlantic) have signed up one or more years since 1999. Russia is in both Europe and Asia. 15 cities have signed up since 1999 from Russia. See cities in Global Marijuana March Russia. See also: Canary Islands. See:
Austria. Belarus. Belgium. Bulgaria. Croatia. Cyprus. Czech Republic. Denmark. Faroe Islands. Finland. France. Germany. Greece. Hungary. Iceland. Ireland. Italy. Lithuania. Luxembourg. Malta. Moldova. Netherlands. Northern Ireland. Norway. Poland. Portugal. Romania. Serbia. Sicily. Slovakia. Slovenia. Spain. Sweden. Switzerland. United Kingdom. Ukraine. (Note: To edit this list click any city, or see Template:GMM cities Europe.)
- Feldkirch, Austria.
- Innsbruck, Austria.
- Klagenfurt, Austria.
- Linz, Austria.
- Oberwart, Austria.
- Salzburg, Austria.
- Vienna, Austria.
- Brno, Czech Republic.
- Pilsen (or Plzen), Czech Republic.
- Prague, Czech Republic. Global Marijuana March.
- Helsinki, Finland.
- Jakobstad, Finland.
- Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Kuopio, Finland.
- Oulu, Finland.
- Pietarsaari, Finland.
- Tampere, Finland.
- Turku, Finland.
- Aurillac, France.
- Bayonne, France.
- Bedous, France.
- Bordeaux, France.
- Castries, France.
- Chalon-sur-Saône, France.
- Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- Cognac, France.
- Lille, France.
- Lyon, France.
- Marseille, France.
- Metz, France.
- Montpellier, France.
- Nancy, France.
- Nantes, France.
- Nice, France.
- Paris, France.
- Poitiers, France.
- Rennes, France.
- Reunion, France.
- Strasbourg, France.
- Toulouse, France.
- Tours, France.
- Troyes, France.
- Augsburg, Germany.
- Berlin, Germany.
- Braunschweig, Germany.
- Bremen, Germany.
- Cologne, Germany.
- Darmstadt, Germany.
- Dessau, Germany.
- Dortmund, Germany.
- Dresden, Germany.
- Duesseldorf, Germany.
- Duisburg, Germany.
- Ellwangen, Germany.
- Erlangen, Germany.
- Flensburg, Germany.
- Frankenthal, Germany.
- Frankfurt, Germany.
- Freiburg, Germany.
- Hamburg, Germany.
- Hanover, Germany.
- Heidelberg, Germany.
- Ingolstadt, Germany.
- Kempten, Germany.
- Lauterbach, Germany.
- Leipzig, Germany.
- Limburg, Germany.
- Mannheim, Germany.
- Marburg, Germany.
- Miesbach, Germany.
- Munich, Germany.
- Nuremberg, Germany.
- Osnabruck, Germany.
- Plauen, Germany.
- Potsdam, Germany.
- Recklinghausen, Germany.
- Rostock, Germany.
- Schwerin, Germany.
- Siegen, Germany.
- Soltau, Germany.
- Stuttgart, Germany.
- Trier, Germany.
- Tubingen, Germany.
- Ulm, Germany.
- Viernheim, Germany.
- Weiden in der Oberpfalz, Germany.
- Wildeshausen, Germany.
- Wittenberg, Germany.
- Wolfenbuttel, Germany.
- Wuppertal, Germany.
- Wurzburg, Germany.
- Budapest, Hungary.
- Debrecen, Hungary.
- Nyiregyhaza, Hungary.
- Pecs, Hungary.
- Szeged, Hungary.
- Szombathely, Hungary.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Enschede, Netherlands.
- Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- The Hague, Netherlands.
- Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Bergen, Norway.
- Kristiansand, Norway.
- Oslo, Norway.
- Stavanger, Norway.
- Tromso, Norway.
- Trondheim, Norway.
- Alicante, Spain.
- Barcelona, Spain.
- Bilbao, Spain.
- Cadiz, Spain.
- Leon, Spain.
- Madrid, Spain.
- Malaga, Spain.
- Seville, Spain.
- Torrevieja, Spain.
- Vigo, Spain.
- Villarrobledo, Spain.
- Vitoria-Gasteiz, Euskal Herria, Spain.
- Zamora, Spain.
- Zaragoza, Spain.
- Basel, Switzerland.
- Berne, Switzerland.
- Biel/Bienne, Switzerland.
- Geneva, Switzerland.
- Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Locarno, Switzerland.
- Lucerne, Switzerland.
- Lugano, Switzerland.
- Sion, Switzerland.
- St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- Winterthur, Switzerland.
- Zurich, Switzerland.
- Chernivtsi, Ukraine.
- Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine.
- Kiev, Ukraine.
- Kamianets-Podilskyi, Ukraine.
- Odessa, Ukraine.
- Simferopol, Ukraine.
- Ternopil, Ukraine.
- Aberdeen, Scotland, UK.
- Bangor, Wales, UK.
- Birmingham, England, UK.
- Brighton, England, UK.
- Bristol, England, UK.
- Cardiff, Wales, UK.
- Durham, England, UK.
- Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
- Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
- Hull, England, UK.
- Leeds, England, UK.
- Leicester, England, UK.
- Liverpool, England, UK.
- London, England, UK.
- Manchester, England, UK.
- Middlesbrough, England, UK.
- Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK.
- Nottingham, England, UK.
- Reading, England, UK.
- Southampton, England, UK.
- Stafford, England, UK.
- Telford, England, UK.
- Weymouth, England, UK.
GMM cities in Russia
Cannabis is safer
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents alone can not reschedule it
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
Neither the president nor the Attorney General can reschedule marijuana by themselves.  . The two of them together also can not do so. See Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act. See "Process" section.
Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
USA. Republican war on cannabis
The Cannabis War is over and the U.S. Republican Party has lost. They may not know it yet, so keep marching, lobbying, and voting! Please register and vote! See: Reagan's War on Cannabis. And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration.
Vermont's Republican Governor Scott Vetoes Marijuana Legalization bill of Democrat legislature. May 24, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.
- Missouri's Republican governor signs state law lowering St. Louis minimum wage. . July 3, 2017. And: Iowa's Republican governor signs law overturning local minimum wage increases. March 30, 2017.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration
|See: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money. And: Senator Kamela Harris push for bail reform.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on private-health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|Wikipedia: Population milestone babies.|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado led the way.. More info. 2.3..|
- See: Canadian single-payer universal healthcare versus US healthcare. And: End drug war with universal healthcare. And: Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization.
Canada has single payer healthcare
Canada has universal healthcare
Canada has better health outcomes
- See health outcomes info: Canadian single-payer universal healthcare versus US healthcare.
|Country||Life expectancy||Infant mortality rate|| Healthcare cost per person
(2). (US dollars. PPP)
| Murder rate|
|Canada||82.2 years.(2)||4.9 per 1000 births.||1.5|
|USA||79.3 years.(2)||6.5 per 1000 births.||3.9|
|Murder rate is lower in Canada due to far less handgun ownership.|
Average per capita healthcare cost in above chart includes all costs public and private. No deductibles on basic Canadian health care, and co-pays are extremely low or non-existent. And:
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
This massive wasteful healthcare spending in the USA (compared to other rich nations) accelerated in 1980 (see chart below). How? It happened because non-profit health insurance was taken over by for-profit health insurance companies. They get a cut of all wasteful healthcare spending. The more wasteful, the more profits. Such as exorbitant drug pricing, expensive medical devices, overuse of emergency rooms. It is similar to how for-profit prison companies have an incentive to fill more beds, rather than rehabilitate prisoners.
Non-profit health insurance, and single payer healthcare, do not have these perverse incentives. So they tend to use more early preventive care that requires far fewer expensive drugs, devices, and visits to the emergency room and urgent care. Healthcare, like roads, should be publicly financed, and privately built. Private health insurance, like private toll road companies, are a kind of middleman mafia that skims profits, and shuffles papers, but don't actually do any real work.
Chart below shows the percentage of the GDP (national economy) spent on all healthcare costs (public and private) by year for some countries. Note that around 1980 US healthcare costs skyrocketed compared to other rich countries (all of which have universal healthcare, unlike the USA).
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare, and Forbes contributor".
Each 10 million US uninsured equals
10,000 more deaths yearly. Also:
- Bernie Sanders' projection of 'thousands' of deaths from lost health coverage is well-supported. By Louis Jacobson. June 27, 2017. Politifact. See article sidebar for many sources. .
10,000 die waiting for disability yearly
- 10,000 people died waiting for a disability decision in the past year. Will he be next? By Terrence McCoy. Nov. 20, 2017. Washington Post. "10,000 people died in the past year while stuck in a backlog of judges’ disability cases. ... they can’t work while they wait if they want to be approved."
With Single-Payer Universal Healthcare people get healthcare no matter how much they work or not. And it doesn't matter if they lose their job, or change employers. People don't have to show they are totally disabled to get adequate healthcare. People can try to work now and then as much as their disability allows them, and not lose their healthcare. And they get drug treatment on demand if their pill use gets out of hand.
Portugal has universal healthcare
Portugal decriminalized all drugs
Portugal has drug treatment for all
In Portugal few die of overdoses
- See: Canadian single-payer universal healthcare versus US healthcare. And: Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization. And:
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article. As is the quote below:
In 2016 the USA had 185 overdose deaths per million people. <~~ See chart in article, and a similar chart below.
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.
Remove Republicans in 2018 vote
- See also: Republican-led Drug War. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration. And: Cost of Republican-led U.S. drug war. And: Reagan's war on cannabis.And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality.
|Republican tax bill hurts the poor more than originally thought, Congressional Budget Office finds.||"By 2019, Americans earning less than $30,000 a year would be worse off under the Senate bill, CBO found. By 2021, Americans earning $40,000 or less would be net losers, and by 2027, most people earning less than $75,000 a year would be worse off. On the flip side, millionaires and those earning $100,000 to $500,000 would be big beneficiaries".|
|2 polls: Only 29% of Americans approve of Republican tax plan. 2.|
|A or F? How Congress scores on marijuana. 2. By Danielle Keane, NORML political director. 2016. "Of the 233 Democrats in Congress, 208 members (89.3 percent) received a passing grade of a 'C' or higher. Of the 302 Republicans in Congress, 102 members (33.8 percent) received a passing grade of a 'C' or higher." For your state see: Congressional Scorecard. NORML. Grading was based upon members' voting records.|
|USA spent $3.2 trillion on healthcare in 2016. (2.3.4.) Canada spent half as much per person, and got better outcomes. Polls: Americans want single payer, and $1.6 trillion saved yearly.|
|Country||Life expectancy (years). 2015||Under-five mortality rate per 1000 live births. 2016||Maternal mortality rate per 100,000 live births. 2015||Per capita expenditure on health (USD - PPP). Public and private costs. 2016||Healthcare costs as a percent of GDP. 2016||% of health costs paid by government. 2016|
|1.||2.||3. 4. 5.||6.||7. 8.||9. 10.|
|1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37.|
|See National Public Radio covering this? Why aren't All Things Considered?. Why isn't|
- Independents greatly outnumber Democrats or Republicans in the USA. If Republicans are to be voted out of power, then all Democrat primaries need to be opened to independents.