Global Marijuana March in Latin America
|Featured GMM crowd photos over years.|
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
There are many GMM and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GMM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
- 1 Top
- 2 Latin America
- 3 Nearby islands
- 4 More graphics
- 5 Cannabis is safer
- 6 Presidents alone can not reschedule it
- 7 USA. Republican war on cannabis
- 8 Green love
- 9 Canadian healthcare costs much less
- 10 Half the cost of Obama-Trumpcare
- 11 Canada has single payer healthcare
- 12 Canada has universal healthcare
- 13 Canada has better health outcomes
- 14 Each 10 million US uninsured = 10,000 more deaths yearly
- 15 Portugal has universal healthcare
- 16 Portugal decriminalized all drugs
- 17 Portugal has universal drug treatment
- 18 In Portugal few die of overdoses
- 19 Remove Republicans in 2018 US elections
- 20 Categories
|Right-click any region for its city list.|
The Global Marijuana March (GMM) is also known as the Million Marijuana March (MMM), and Global Cannabis March. There are local names for the event too. Such as: World Cannabis Day, Cannabis Liberation Day, Global Space Odyssey, Ganja Day, J Day, etc.. GMM occurs on the first Saturday in May, or thereabouts, depending on the city. It may include marches, meetings, rallies, raves, concerts, festivals, information tables, and more. It is a celebration embracing cannabis culture as a personal lifestyle choice. Participants unite to discuss, promote, entertain and educate both consumers and non-consumers alike. See GMM, GMM Facebook, and GMM links for many links for reports, photos, videos, press, media, posters, maps, flyers, etc.. See also: 420 event lists and Legality of cannabis by country.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|Find GMM graphics and other event graphics for any city.|
- See nearby islands section farther down.
- Cities with events anytime in the month of May are listed for some countries.
- 135 cities from 16 nations in Latin America have signed up one or more years since 1999. See: Argentina. Bolivia. Brazil. Chile. Colombia. Costa Rica. Ecuador. El Salvador. Guatemala. Guyana. Mexico. Nicaragua. Paraguay. Peru. Uruguay. Venezuela. (Note: To edit this list click any city, or see Template:GMM cities Latin America.)
- Bahia Blanca, Argentina.
- Bariloche, Argentina.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Comodoro Rivadavia, Argentina.
- Cordoba, Argentina.
- El Bolson, Argentina.
- Formosa, Argentina.
- Gonzalez Catan, Argentina.
- La Plata, Argentina.
- La Rioja, Argentina.
- Mar del Plata, Argentina.
- Mendoza, Argentina.
- Neuquen, Argentina.
- Obera, Argentina.
- Parana, Argentina.
- Posadas, Argentina.
- Resistencia, Argentina.
- Rio Cuarto, Argentina.
- Rio Gallegos, Argentina.
- Rio Grande, Argentina.
- Rosario, Argentina.
- Salta, Argentina.
- San Fernando del Valle de Catamarca, Argentina.
- San Juan, Argentina.
- San Luis, Argentina.
- San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina.
- San Pedro de Misiones, Argentina.
- San Salvador de Jujuy, Argentina.
- Santa Fe, Argentina.
- Santiago del Estero, Argentina.
- Trelew, Argentina.
- Ushuaia, Argentina.
- Venado Tuerto, Argentina.
- Americana, Brazil.
- Aracaju, Brazil.
- Atibaia, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
- Blumenau, Brazil.
- Brasilia, Brazil.
- Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Campo Grande, Brazil.
- Cuiaba, Brazil.
- Curitiba, Brazil.
- Diadema, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Florianopolis, Brazil.
- Fortaleza, Brazil.
- Foz do Iguacu, Brazil.
- Goiania, Brazil.
- Guarulhos, Brazil.
- Itajuba, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Joao Pessoa, Brazil.
- Joinville, Brazil.
- Juiz de Fora, Brazil.
- Jundiai, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Lavras, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Macapa, Brazil
- Manaus, Brazil.
- Natal, Brazil.
- Niteroi, Brazil.
- Nova Iguacu, Brazil.
- Patos, Brazil.
- Petropolis, Brazil.
- Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
- Presidente Prudente, Brazil.
- Recife, Brazil.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
- Santos, Brazil.
- Sao Bernardo do Campo, Brazil.
- Sao Goncalo, Brazil.
- Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Brazil.
- Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Teresina, Brazil.
- Uberlandia, Brazil.
- Vicosa, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Vitoria, Espirito Santo, Brazil.
- Antofagasta, Chile.
- Arica, Chile.
- Calama, Chile.
- Chillan, Chile.
- Concepcion, Chile.
- Coquimbo, Chile.
- Iquique, Chile.
- Los Andes, Chile.
- Punta Arenas, Chile.
- Santiago, Chile.
- Talca, Chile.
- Temuco, Chile.
- Valdivia, Chile.
- Valparaiso, Chile.
- Barrancabermeja, Colombia.
- Barranquilla, Colombia.
- Bogota, Colombia.
- Bucaramanga, Colombia.
- Cali, Colombia.
- Cartagena, Colombia.
- Ibague, Colombia.
- Manizales, Colombia.
- Medellin, Colombia.
- Pasto, Colombia.
- Pereira, Colombia.
- Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Leon, Mexico.
- Merida, Mexico.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico.
- Tepoztlan, Mexico.
- Florida, Uruguay.
- Fray Bentos, Uruguay.
- Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Paysandu, Uruguay.
- Salto, Uruguay.
- Tacuarembo, Uruguay.
- Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Caracas, Venezuela.
- Maracaibo, Venezuela.
- Maracay, Venezuela.
- Merida, Venezuela.
- Valencia, Venezuela.
- 8 places from 6 nations or subnational areas have signed up one or more years since 1999. See: Bermuda. Guadeloupe. Jamaica. Martinique. Puerto Rico. Trinidad and Tobago.
Cannabis is safer
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents alone can not reschedule it
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
Neither the president nor the Attorney General can reschedule marijuana by themselves.  . The two of them together also can not do so. See Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act. See "Process" section.
Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
|See: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money. And: Senator Kamela Harris push for bail reform.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
USA. Republican war on cannabis
The Cannabis War is over and the U.S. Republican Party has lost. They may not know it yet, so keep marching, lobbying, and voting! Please register and vote! See: Reagan's War on Cannabis. And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration.
Vermont's Republican Governor Scott Vetoes Marijuana Legalization bill of Democrat legislature. May 24, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.
- Missouri's Republican governor signs state law lowering St. Louis minimum wage. . July 3, 2017. And: Iowa's Republican governor signs law overturning local minimum wage increases. March 30, 2017.
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|Wikipedia: Population milestone babies.|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
- See: Canadian single-payer universal healthcare versus US healthcare. And: End drug war with universal healthcare. And: Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization.
|Country||Life expectancy||Infant mortality rate||Healthcare cost per person (2). (US dollars. PPP)|
|Canada||82.2 years.(2)||4.9 per 1000 births.||Public and private costs.|
|USA||79.3 years.(2)||6.5 per 1000 births.||Public and private costs.|
Canada has single payer healthcare
Canada has universal healthcare
Canada has better health outcomes
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
US healthcare spending per person is more than double the average of other developed countries:
Each 10 million US uninsured = 10,000 more deaths yearly
- Bernie Sanders' projection of 'thousands' of deaths from lost health coverage is well-supported. By Louis Jacobson. June 27, 2017. Politifact. See article sidebar for many sources. .
Portugal has universal healthcare
Portugal decriminalized all drugs
Portugal has universal drug treatment
In Portugal few die of overdoses
- See: Canadian single-payer universal healthcare versus US healthcare. And: Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization. And:
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare, and Forbes contributor".
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article. As is the quote below:
In 2016 the USA had 185 overdose deaths per million people. See chart in article, and a different chart below.
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.
Remove Republicans in 2018 US elections