London, England, UK
- 1 Top
- 2 Links
- 3 City info
- 4 Global Marijuana March
- 5 2014
- 6 2013
- 7 2011
- 8 2010
- 9 2009
- 10 2008
- 11 2005
- 12 2003
- 13 2002
- 14 1999
- 15 1980 and 1981
- 16 1967
- 17 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
- 18 Cannabis is safer
- 19 Drug war, control, mass incarceration
- 20 Green love
- 21 Single-Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare
- 22 USA. Republican-led drug war
- 23 Categories
Share link: London
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|Find GMM graphics and other event graphics for any city.|
- Category: Cannabis-related links. For world, region, country, state, or province links.
- Updated link: Google map of many cannabis groups, clubs, growshops, and associations around the world. If you want to add your association or club send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org - Mapa de todos las asociaciones cannabicas y clubs cannabicos de todo el mundo especialmente españa y growshops, si quieres añadir tu asociacion o club manda un correo a email@example.com. See template.
- Wikipedia: Category: Cannabis by country. And: Commons: Category: Cannabis by country.
- Google search this wiki. Add city name to search.
|*Please add more local or regional cannabis-related links.|
- Video searches:
- United Kingdom. Cannabis-related links, and England. Cannabis-related links.
- See the above pages for additional Facebook and other links.
- Facebook is archiving:
- 2001 to 2004 photos: urban75.org page
- Old link: cannabistrust.com
- Video (2005?): YouTube video
- Google Maps: London.
- Google images: London.
- Wikipedia: London.
- Wikitravel: London.
- Wikivoyage: London.
|Search Wikipedia, Wikitravel, Wikivoyage. See help.|
- WeBeHigh.org - Cities and countries. By U.S. state. And: Google site search.
- MarijuanaTravels.com - Cities and countries. And Google site search.
- Media Awareness Project (MAP). Drug Policy Links: State, province, nation from Area menu. MAP Source Directory: State, province, nation from Area menu. Or A-Z from Source menu. Google search site for news, links, sources. By city, state, province, nation.
- Marijuana Travel Database. Marijuana travel reports. Countries and cities. Marijuana and travel, smoking laws and cannabis legality.
- Marijuana Dispensaries - Leafly.
- Marijuana Dispensary, Smoke Shop and Head Shop Finder.
- European Coalition for Just and Effective Drug Policies. Wikipedia: ENCOD. Click map for news. Organizations. Country links.
- European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction. Wikipedia: EMCDDA. See country overviews. And detailed info by country.
Global Marijuana March
GMM (years signed up). (The city search of basic city lists will not find 2015, 2016, or 2017 cities since the 2015-17 GMM-420 pages list only countries, and not cities). This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. Cities and nations holding 4/20 events are also included in later years. 39 nations participated on May 7, 2016, or thereabouts. 43 nations participated on May 2, 2015, or thereabouts. 212 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 888 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
GMM: photos, basic city lists, maps, detailed city lists, years, regions, nations, links, graphics. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis. And: Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana. And: Global Marijuana March. See signup.
Global Million Marijuana March. GMM Facebook pages. GMM yearly city totals. Many GMM links. See also: 420 event lists. And: More cannabis-related links. And: Google News archives. And: GMM on Wikipedia. Google (add name of city to searches):        . . Google maps: city, state, nation.
Photos, graphics, and image searches: Marijuana March:     . Marihuana March:    . Marcha Marihuana (Spanish):    . Marche Mondiale Cannabis (French):    . Marche Mondiale Marijuana (French):    . Marcha Maconha or Marcha Marijuana (Portuguese):        . Google Advanced Image Search (find free images). Pinterest: . GMM Blogs: . Travel blogs with photos: . Wikipedia: Legality of cannabis by country: Erowid.org. WeBeHigh.org - many cities worldwide. Old Yahoo Groups:   . Basic city lists by year. Marijuana polls. And: Wiki upload posters, flyers, and banners. See also Wikimedia upload.
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
There are many GMM and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GMM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
Return to top. (adjust dates as necessary)
- Facebook: The London Bank Holiday Pro Cannabis Rally.
- UPDATED | Get Ready For May Celebrations Across The Country: » The High Community.
- London 420 Pro-Cannabis Rally Hyde Park 2014 | NORML UKNORML UK.
- London 4/20 2013: Hyde Park Smoke Up & Walkabout | United Kingdom Cannabis Social Clubs.
- Thousands Of Cannabis Users To Occupy Hyde Park On April 20th | TheCannabisGeek.com - Cannabis Science, Facts & Politics.
July 23, 2011:
- Facebook: Legalise Marijuana Event London.
London: Pinky Starr aceonejimmy(at)yahoo.com 44-779-648-4707 http://www.protestlondon.co.uk/ . or Andy Cornwell andy(at)cannabistrust.com 44(0)7976825086 or LCA - Legalise Cannabis Alliance: Don Barnard: 07984 255015 Alun Buffry: AlunBuffry(at)lca-uk.org PO Box 2883, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 9EE, UK. . Details (at) http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=313666499787
- Facebook: MILLION MARIJUANA MARCH, LONDON.
GMM. May 2, 2009:
- London: Andy Cornwell andy(at)cannabistrust.com 44(0)7976825086 or Pinky aceonejimmy(at)yahoo.com http://www.protestlondon.co.uk/ or LCA - Legalise Cannabis Alliance: Don Barnard: 07984 255015 Alun Buffry: AlunBuffry(at)lca-uk.org PO Box 2883, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 9EE, UK.
- Banner: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/sharings/382868
- Forum: http://www.protestlondon.co.uk/pl_forum/viewforum.php?f=16
June 25, 2008.
- Link: http://www.protestlondon.co.uk
- Link: http://www.ccguide.org.uk/events.php
- Forum: http://www.lca-uk.org/lcaforum/viewtopic.php?t=8920
- Forum: http://www.protestlondon.co.uk/pl_forum
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwRrbPCpZgg
- Images and many links: http://gallery.marihemp.com/london15may2005mmm
- Report (from old GMM site):
Report from London
On Saturday May 14th, Grand Traverse County NORML drew 72 people to their 5th annual march, which began at 2:00 PM at the Traverse City Chamber of Commerce and moved to the local UAW Hall for a rally at 4:20 PM featuring live music and raffles. But when it became apparent that the UAW Hall had been double-booked for both this rally and a postal carriers' food drive, rally attendees pitched in to help the postal carriers sort the food for distribution to area pantries.
The main aim is to bring more truth and objectivity to the debate on how society should deal with the issue of cannabis.
A statement from the Cannabis Trust says: The only safe solution is the lifting of cannabis prohibition, to be replaced by the establishment of legal regulation of quality and distribution, just like any other consumer product. Anything less fails to protect the public, especially the young and vulnerable, from the serious health and social problems associated with cannabis prohibition.
How safe is cannabis? How dangerous is cannabis prohibition?
At the rally in TRAFALGER SQUARE expert speakers covered a wide range of topics including cannabis harm reduction, medical cannabis, mental health and cannabis, 'amotivation', nutrition, and the science of cannabis.
Other issues covered included the cost of prohibition, drug testing at work and school, driving under the influence, sniffer dogs and the dangers of
Also speaking at the event were growers, cannabis dealers, campaigners, political and spiritual representatives, plus individuals from many walks of life.
Political speakers included representatives from all the main parties including a 'Toking Tory', plus members of the Legalise Cannabis Alliance which had 18 candidates standing in the general election.
An Cannabis Trust spokesperson said: "The Government says we need cannabis prohibition for health reasons, but prohibition is a crude method of social control which has failed. Public health concerns overwhelmingly support ending cannabis prohibition as soon as possible. This will create a far safer situation than we have now regarding cannabis use, particularly for young people."
Jayday Cannabis March and Festival. Kennington Park and Brockwell Park, London, 3rd May 2003.
- Report: http://drugs.greenparty.org.uk/news/march02a.htm
- Photos: http://drugs.greenparty.org.uk/news/march02b.htm
- The Cannabis Demos 1999 - Mayday is J day.
- Youtube: Mayday is Jayday - the 1999 cannabis carnival in London.
1980 and 1981
- July 24, 1967
- "A full-page advertisement appeared in The Times newspaper on this day, signed by 64 of the most prominent members of British society, which called for the legalisation of marijuana. Among the signatories were The Beatles and Brian Epstein."
- April 29, 1967. Saturday
- Wikipedia: The 14 Hour Technicolor Dream. See also a description of the event in a long comment on this page: About | IT. See also: Wikipedia: International Times.
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration
|See: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|Wikipedia: Population milestone babies.|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Single-Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare
Portugal. Few die of overdose
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article.
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.
USA. Republican-led drug war
The Cannabis War is over and the U.S. Republican Party has lost. They may not know it yet, so keep marching, lobbying, and voting! Please register and vote! See: Reagan's War on Cannabis. And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration.
Vermont's Republican Governor Scott Vetoes Marijuana Legalization bill of Democrat legislature. May 24, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.
|U.S. Republican Party: Greed, Ground Wars, Drug Wars, and Mass Incarceration.|