London, England, UK
|The filibuster and presidential veto should be short delays before 50% +1 votes.|
|Source, and Wikipedia.|
|Economic justice delayed is justice denied. The filibuster is an antiquated notion from a bygone racist era.|
- 1 Table top
- 2 Top
- 3 Links
- 4 Info
- 5 Global Cannabis March. 420
- 6 2020
- 7 2019
- 8 2018
- 9 2014
- 10 2013
- 11 2011
- 12 2010
- 13 2009
- 14 2008
- 15 2005
- 16 2003
- 17 2002
- 18 2000
- 19 1999
- 20 1980 and 1981
- 21 1967
- 22 Site navigation
- 23 Cannabis is safer.
- 24 Nixon's racist drug war
- 25 The forever drug war
- 26 Today's far-right Republicans
- 27 $70 billion to end pandemic
- 28 GOP taxes screw middle class
- 29 Republican filibuster equals
- 29.1 US voter suppression
- 29.2 High US taxes on poor
- 29.3 And on US middle class
- 29.4 Low US minimum wage
- 29.5 High wealth inequality
- 29.6 High income inequality
- 29.7 Low quality of life
- 29.8 High household debt
- 29.9 High US medical debt
- 29.10 High student loan debt
- 29.11 Punitive bankruptcy law
- 29.12 Stagnant US wages
- 29.13 Racist law enforcement
- 29.14 Poorly rated healthcare
- 29.15 No universal healthcare
- 30 Single payer costs less
- 31 Portugal's drug decrim equals
- 32 50 drug overdose deaths yearly
- 33 Versus 95,000 overdoses in US
- 34 President Eisenhower. 1953:
- 35 His 91% top marginal tax rate
- 36 Equaled prosperity for more.
- 37 Republican President Lincoln
- 38 Created first progressive
- 39 US federal income tax.
- 40 Thomas Paine on the poor
- 41 Overpopulation = Warming
- 42 Categories
Share link: London. Local or regional cannabis-related links wanted. See: England And United Kingdom. See cities by country on GMM map of all cities. See all cities (not just Global Marijuana March). See the yearly city and event lists for additional Facebook and other links.
|Click for more London event graphics and photos.|
Facebook is archiving:
- United Kingdom. Cannabis-related links, and England. Cannabis-related links.
- 2001 to 2004 photos: urban75.org page
- Old link: cannabistrust.com
- Video (2005?): YouTube video
- United Kingdom. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- England. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- Europe. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- Wikipedia: Cannabis in the United Kingdom.
- Google Maps: London.
- Google images: London.
- Wikipedia: London.
- Wikitravel: London.
- Wikivoyage: London.
- European Coalition for Just and Effective Drug Policies. Wikipedia: ENCOD.
- European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction. Wikipedia: EMCDDA. See country overviews. And detailed info by country.
Global Cannabis March. 420
no longer works well. It does not find all the yearly city lists containing a city name.
works well. Click: . Add city name to search, and state/province/nation as needed. This is an advanced search of main pages and templates. This will pull up all yearly maps in which the city is listed. Except for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2021 due to various problems. Putting quotes around multi-word city names helps focus the search: "New York City". This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. See: See:
April 20: Facebook event: 420 London March.
April 22: Facebook event: Get together : 420.20 March to Parliament.
Return to top. (adjust dates as necessary)
- Facebook: The London Bank Holiday Pro Cannabis Rally.
- UPDATED | Get Ready For May Celebrations Across The Country: » The High Community.
- London 420 Pro-Cannabis Rally Hyde Park 2014 | NORML UKNORML UK.
- London 4/20 2013: Hyde Park Smoke Up & Walkabout | United Kingdom Cannabis Social Clubs.
- Thousands Of Cannabis Users To Occupy Hyde Park On April 20th | TheCannabisGeek.com - Cannabis Science, Facts & Politics.
July 23, 2011:
- Facebook: Legalise Marijuana Event London.
London: Pinky Starr aceonejimmy(at)yahoo.com 44-779-648-4707 http://www.protestlondon.co.uk/ . or Andy Cornwell andy(at)cannabistrust.com 44(0)7976825086 or LCA - Legalise Cannabis Alliance: Don Barnard: 07984 255015 Alun Buffry: AlunBuffry(at)lca-uk.org PO Box 2883, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 9EE, UK. . Details (at) http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=313666499787
- Facebook: MILLION MARIJUANA MARCH, LONDON.
GMM. May 2, 2009:
- London: Andy Cornwell andy(at)cannabistrust.com 44(0)7976825086 or Pinky aceonejimmy(at)yahoo.com http://www.protestlondon.co.uk/ or LCA - Legalise Cannabis Alliance: Don Barnard: 07984 255015 Alun Buffry: AlunBuffry(at)lca-uk.org PO Box 2883, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 9EE, UK.
- Banner: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/sharings/382868
- Forum: http://www.protestlondon.co.uk/pl_forum/viewforum.php?f=16
June 25, 2008.
- Link: http://www.protestlondon.co.uk
- Link: http://www.ccguide.org.uk/events.php
- Forum: http://www.lca-uk.org/lcaforum/viewtopic.php?t=8920
- Forum: http://www.protestlondon.co.uk/pl_forum
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwRrbPCpZgg
- Images and many links: http://gallery.marihemp.com/london15may2005mmm
- Report (from old GMM site):
Report from London
On Saturday May 14th, Grand Traverse County NORML drew 72 people to their 5th annual march, which began at 2:00 PM at the Traverse City Chamber of Commerce and moved to the local UAW Hall for a rally at 4:20 PM featuring live music and raffles. But when it became apparent that the UAW Hall had been double-booked for both this rally and a postal carriers' food drive, rally attendees pitched in to help the postal carriers sort the food for distribution to area pantries.
The main aim is to bring more truth and objectivity to the debate on how society should deal with the issue of cannabis.
A statement from the Cannabis Trust says: The only safe solution is the lifting of cannabis prohibition, to be replaced by the establishment of legal regulation of quality and distribution, just like any other consumer product. Anything less fails to protect the public, especially the young and vulnerable, from the serious health and social problems associated with cannabis prohibition.
How safe is cannabis? How dangerous is cannabis prohibition?
At the rally in TRAFALGER SQUARE expert speakers covered a wide range of topics including cannabis harm reduction, medical cannabis, mental health and cannabis, 'amotivation', nutrition, and the science of cannabis.
Other issues covered included the cost of prohibition, drug testing at work and school, driving under the influence, sniffer dogs and the dangers of
Also speaking at the event were growers, cannabis dealers, campaigners, political and spiritual representatives, plus individuals from many walks of life.
Political speakers included representatives from all the main parties including a 'Toking Tory', plus members of the Legalise Cannabis Alliance which had 18 candidates standing in the general election.
An Cannabis Trust spokesperson said: "The Government says we need cannabis prohibition for health reasons, but prohibition is a crude method of social control which has failed. Public health concerns overwhelmingly support ending cannabis prohibition as soon as possible. This will create a far safer situation than we have now regarding cannabis use, particularly for young people."
Jayday Cannabis March and Festival. Kennington Park and Brockwell Park, London, 3rd May 2003.
- Report: http://drugs.greenparty.org.uk/news/march02a.htm
- Photos: http://drugs.greenparty.org.uk/news/march02b.htm
- The Cannabis Demos 1999 - Mayday is J day.
- Youtube: Mayday is Jayday - the 1999 cannabis carnival in London.
1980 and 1981
- July 24, 1967
- "A full-page advertisement appeared in The Times newspaper on this day, signed by 64 of the most prominent members of British society, which called for the legalisation of marijuana. Among the signatories were The Beatles and Brian Epstein."
- April 29, 1967. Saturday
- Wikipedia: The 14 Hour Technicolor Dream. See also a description of the event in a long comment on this page: About | IT. See also: Wikipedia: International Times.