Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Share link: portoalegre
|News. - 2018: Global events. And: Facebook events.|
|See: More news. Archive. News sources. Facebook: Global Marijuana March . Hashtags: . Twitter: .
|More U.S. Imprisonment Does Not Reduce Drug Problems. And: 39% of Prisoners Should Not Be in Prison.|
|Country||Life expectancy. 2015||Under-5 mortality rate per 1000 live births. 2016.||Maternal mortality rate per 100,000 live births. 2015||Healthcare cost per person. (2). US dollars PPP||Murder rate per 100,000. 2016|
|82.2 years. (2)||4.9||7.3||1.7|
|79.3 years. (2)||6.5||26.4||5.3|
|Murder rate in Canada is lower due to far less handguns. . Why does National Public Radio, like most media, not report most of these international comparisons?.|
- 1 Top
- 2 2014
- 3 Links
- 4 City info
- 5 Global Marijuana March
- 6 2013
- 7 2012
- 8 2011
- 9 2010
- 10 2009
- 11 2008
- 12 2007
- 13 2005
- 14 Cannabis is safer
- 15 Presidents alone can not reschedule it
- 16 USA. Republican-led war on cannabis
- 17 Drug war, mass incarceration, control
- 18 Felon disenfranchisement & gerrymandering
- 19 Republican-led big spending on drug war
- 20 GOP-led spending on endless ground wars
- 21 U.S. infrastructure badly needs this money
- 22 U.S. household debt at all time high
- 23 U.S. middle class wealth has collapsed
- 24 Record global debt. Who will bail out USA?
- 25 Canadian middle class has surpassed USA
- 26 Many nations surpassed US middle class
- 27 USA. Richest 10% Own 84% of All Stocks
- 28 Republicans refuse to raise minimum wage
- 29 Green love
- 30 Canada has universal healthcare
- 31 Canada has single payer healthcare
- 32 Canadian healthcare costs much less
- 33 Half the cost of Obama-Trumpcare
- 34 USA could save $1.6 trillion YEARLY
- 35 Canada has better health outcomes
- 36 Each 10 million US uninsured equals
- 37 10,000 more deaths yearly. Also:
- 38 10,000 die waiting for disability yearly
- 39 Portugal has universal healthcare
- 40 Portugal decriminalized all drugs
- 41 Portugal has drug treatment for all
- 42 In Portugal few die of overdoses
- 43 Remove Republicans in 2018 vote
- 44 Categories
- Facebook: Marcha da Maconha Porto Alegre 2014.
- Category: Cannabis-related links. For region, nation, state, or province links.
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links.
- Find more Facebook and other links on the above-linked pages.
- principioativo.org - princípio ativo - por uma nova política de drogas.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Forum: Rio Grande do Sul. Google site search for Porto Alegre.
- Google Maps: Porto Alegre.
- Google images: Porto Alegre.
- Wikipedia: Porto Alegre.
- Wikitravel: Porto Alegre.
- MarijuanaTravels.com: Cities by country. Country pages.
|Search Wikipedia, Wikitravel, Wikivoyage. See help.|
- WeBeHigh.org - Click "Travel Guides" button at top for continents. By U.S. state. And: Google site search.
Global Marijuana March
GMM (years signed up).
no longer works well. It does not find all the yearly city lists containing a city name.
works well. Click: . Add city name to search, and state/province/nation as needed. This will pull up all yearly maps in which the city is listed. Except for 2015, 2016, or 2017 in which only countries were listed for the most part. This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. Cities and nations holding 4/20 events are also included in later years. 41 nations participated on May 6, 2017, or thereabouts. 44 nations participated on May 7, 2016, or thereabouts. 43 nations participated on May 2, 2015, or thereabouts. 212 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. 226 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 950 different cities have participated from 82 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
See Global Marijuana March (GMM) is the first Saturday in May or thereabouts.The
There are many GMM and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GMM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
|Years signed up: Browse the basic GMM city lists: ~ 1999. 2000. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 2010. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18.|
GMM, May 25:
- Forum: Marcha Da Maconha Porto Alegre 2013.
- Princípio Ativo » Arquivo do Blog » Te prepara e vem… vem pra marcha, vem que é da Maconha!
- Facebook: Marcha da Maconha Porto Alegre 2013.
GMM, May 26:
- Marcha da Maconha 2012 - Porto Alegre.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha 2012.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha Porto Alegre 2012.
GMM, May 22:
- Manifestantes realizam Marcha da Maconha em Porto Alegre.
- Google translation:
Gauchos held on Sunday afternoon the Marijuana March in the park of the Redemption, in Porto Alegre. At the beginning of the event, the Military Police estimated that about 300 people attended the meeting. However, according to Leonardo Günther, one of the organizers, the walk got to meet 2500 Protestants passing the avenue João Pessoa.
Günther says that all the protest took place peacefully, "unlike what happened in Sao Paulo." For him, Porto Alegre is an example of the protest for the legalization of drugs "is a peaceful movement and does not have violence because". "Porto Alegre said yes, you can make the march," he said.
The event, organized by the Collective Principle Activity, began with the presentation of a play and debate, when participants put forward their ideas. The road ran through the vicinity of the park and ended around 18:15.
See 2010 Global Marijuana March map. Porto Alegre: principioativo.rs(at)gmail.com or portoalegre(at)marchadamaconha.org http://principioativo.blogspot.com Arco do Parque da Redenção, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul - Brazil
GMM. May 8:
[Editado] Marcha da maconha 2009, Porto Alegre-RS Brasil. Youtube link.
There was repression in most Brazilian cities that tried to hold Global Marijuana March events in 2008:
- Google searches: . . Videos. Images. Marijuana is 'maconha' in Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal).
- Flickr search: .
- English coverage of Global Marijuana March 2008 repression in Brazil:    . Reports with many videos linked by Brazilian city:  .
See 2007 Global Marijuana March map. GMM: Twenty people met up in 2007.
- Report, map, and links. From forum. Report:
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:58:47 -0300 (ART)
From: "Legalize Já!" <mmm_portoalegre"at"yahoo.com.br> [Substitute @ for "at"]
Subject: Porto Alegre - Legalize it!
Yesterday (07/05/2005) [May 7, 2005], in Porto Alegre, we took the first step to the effective construction of the local anti-prohibitionist movement. During a cold and rainy afternoon we gathered, at the auditorium of the Central Academic Directory of Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (DCE-UFRGS), about 70 people, most of them young people on their early 20's. The number outcame the expectations of the "organizers", due to the lame ad campaign done basically through the internet, and half a dozen posters.
The meeting begun at 15:30, with a brief report of the national and international anti-prohibitionist situation. Soon after, the debate was open. Since it was the first meeting, there wasn't an agenda, properly saying, and the debate was about several questions related to the problems lived by drug users, due the prohibitionist policy; violence; agression towards individual freedom(s); precariety and disrepect in health care services and education; lack of a quality control on consumed substances; barely inexistence of quality orientation to the user, about means to reduct risks and harms.
It was also discussed different perspectives about possible ways to lead the anti-prohibitionist movement. Should we go for legalisation or "descriminalization"? Should we go to mainstream press, or indie press? Should we fight for the production and selling get vinculated to the so called solidary economy nets, or should we embrace the neoliberal logic? Should we legalise only for personal use and personal plantation (private culture)? And so was the debate, free, making of this first encounter, above all, a moment of checking possible agendas that we'll follow through the next months.
By the end of the meeting, so that energy wouldn't be dissipated, we discussed strategies and directed efforts in order to guarantee the continuity of this movement. We established a few workgroups to discuss and elaborate a letter of principles, to get finantial aid, to elaborate a website and all the graphics designs of the movement. Also, was created a law comission, gathering mainly Law students, responsable to verify both drug laws, as other aspects that can guarantee that our fight won't be taken as an encouragement of the use of drugs, considered as a felony in our country. By the way, the composition of general meeting was completely heretogenic: Law, Social Sciences, Biology, Psichology, Arts and Pedagogics students, plus high schoolers, people related to the Public Health School of Porto Alegre (Escola de Saúde Pública de Porto Alegre), and many, many other people.
All workgroups should hurry their specific work, keeping in touch through an e-group that will be created for all the people who attended the first meeting. In a month, there will be a second meeting, and a key note speaker will attend, one that we'll choose after further discussion through our e-group. We'll also premiere a documentary that's being produced by Journalism students of UFRGS, that registered the meeting and collected statements of the people who were there.
I feel it was a golden beginning.