Seattle, Washington, USA
|The filibuster and presidential veto should be short delays before 50% +1 votes.|
|Source, and Wikipedia.|
|Economic justice delayed is justice denied. The filibuster is an antiquated notion from a bygone racist era.|
- 1 Table top
- 2 Top
- 3 Links
- 4 Info
- 5 Global Cannabis March. 420
- 6 2020
- 7 2019
- 8 2018
- 9 2014
- 10 2013
- 11 2012
- 12 2011
- 13 2010
- 14 2009
- 15 2008
- 16 2007
- 17 2002
- 18 2001
- 19 2000
- 20 1999
- 21 1998
- 22 1997
- 23 1994
- 24 More event graphics
- 25 Site navigation
- 26 Cannabis is safer.
- 27 Nixon's racist drug war
- 28 The forever drug war
- 29 Today's far-right Republicans
- 30 $70 billion to end pandemic
- 31 GOP taxes screw middle class
- 32 Republican filibuster equals
- 32.1 US voter suppression
- 32.2 High US taxes on poor
- 32.3 And on US middle class
- 32.4 Low US minimum wage
- 32.5 High wealth inequality
- 32.6 High income inequality
- 32.7 Low quality of life
- 32.8 High household debt
- 32.9 High US medical debt
- 32.10 High student loan debt
- 32.11 Punitive bankruptcy law
- 32.12 Stagnant US wages
- 32.13 Racist law enforcement
- 32.14 Poorly rated healthcare
- 32.15 No universal healthcare
- 33 Single payer costs less
- 34 Portugal's drug decrim equals
- 35 50 drug overdose deaths yearly
- 36 Versus 95,000 overdoses in US
- 37 President Eisenhower. 1953:
- 38 His 91% top marginal tax rate
- 39 Equaled prosperity for more.
- 40 Republican President Lincoln
- 41 Created first progressive
- 42 US federal income tax.
- 43 Thomas Paine on the poor
- 44 Overpopulation = Warming
- 45 Categories
Share link: Seattle. Local or regional cannabis-related links wanted. See: Washington. See cities by country on GMM map of all cities. See all cities (not just Global Marijuana March). See the yearly city and event lists for additional Facebook and other links.
|Click for more Seattle event graphics and photos.|
- Myspace: Seattle Hempfest.
- Blog: Seattle Hempfest's Blog.
- Sensible Washington.
- MaryJanesGirl- informed, inspired, involved. And Cannabis Freedom March.
- Cannabis Freedom March - Google Profile.
- Youtube search: Seattle Hempfest.
- Hempfest.org - Seattle Hempfest home page. Graphics over the years. And here.
- History « Seattle Hempfest.
- Hempfest videos: Google video search.
- Wikipedia: Seattle Hempfest.
- Wikimedia Commons photos: Seattle Hempfest.
- United States. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- Washington. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- Wikipedia: Cannabis in Washington.
- Wikipedia: Cannabis in the United States.
- Google Maps: Seattle.
- Google images: city.
- Wikipedia: Seattle.
- Wikitravel: Seattle.
- Wikivoyage: Seattle.
Global Cannabis March. 420
no longer works well. It does not find all the yearly city lists containing a city name.
works well. Click: . Add city name to search, and state/province/nation as needed. This is an advanced search of main pages and templates. This will pull up all yearly maps in which the city is listed. Except for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2021 due to various problems. Putting quotes around multi-word city names helps focus the search: "New York City". This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. See: See:
April 20 online virtual event: Facebook event: 420 Fest Virtual Event.
May 4: Facebook event: Cannabis Freedom March 2019.
- Cannabis Freedom March 2014 – May 10th 2014 « Seattle Hempfest.
- Seattle Cannabis Freedom March - Saturday May 10 - 2014.
GMM, May 11:
- Cannabis Freedom March, A Funeral Procession for Prohibition May 11th « Seattle Hempfest.
- Seattle Police Chief Speaks at Pro-Marijuana Rally.
- 420Fest – new location « Seattle Hempfest.
- 2nd Annual Dope Cup - DOPE - Defending Our Patients Everywhere - Medical Marijuana Magazine - Defending Our Patients Everywhere - Dope Medical Marijuana Magazine.
- Facebook: Seattle Hempfest 2012.
- Hempfest 2012: Thousands Of Pot Fans Gather At Nation's Largest Marijuana Rally. By Gene Johnson. August 17, 2012. Huffington Post.
GMM, May 14:
- Cannabis Freedom March 2011.
- Seattle, Washington. May 14 at 11:00am.
- Rally and March from volunteer park to westlake center.
- Live music, speakers, and activism in motion.
- email: cannabisfreedommarch (at)gmail.com or call 206 618 6458 for more info.
- Will update and add poster design soon!
- Follow us: Cannabis Freedom mjm (cannabisfreedom) on Twitter
Seattle Hempfest, August 19-21:
- Facebook: Seattle Hempfest 20th Anniversary.
Return to top. See 2010 Global Marijuana March map. Seattle: Info # (206)618-6458. Greg West xwestg0(at)hotmail.com (206)547-1491 or Melissa Hyson hempgirlseattle(at)yahoo.com (253)310-3086. Seattle Marijuana Liberation March, Attn: C. Carter, PO Box 85553, Seattle WA 98145.
GMM. May 1, 2010:
- Marijuana Liberation March 2010 in Seattle.
- Reality Catcher: Seattle Marijuana Liberation March May 1, 2010.
Seattle Hempfest. August 21-22, 2010:
- Photos from Seattle Hempfest Potluck Meeting. "A meeting for the staff and volunteers of Seattle Hempfest to get together before pulling off the world's largest hemp and marijuana festival!"
Return to top. See GMM 2009, GlobalMarijuanaMarch.org archive, 2. Seattle: DeMaris Strohm-Hughes woimly(at)comcast.net 206-293-2439 or Joanna McKee 206-762-0630 Green Cross, 8843 10th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98106.
GMM. May 2, 2009:
- 1,000 Marched from Volunteer Park to Pioneer Square.
- Report, photos, videos: Reality Catcher: Freedom In The Rain: Global Marijuana March In Seattle.
- Preview: grasscity.com forum thread
- Reality Catcher: Global Marijuana March - Saturday, May 2, 2009.
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFrVJcLge2k
Seattle Hempfest. August 15-16, 2009:
- CannabisCulture.com article. Report, photos, many videos.
- Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38056921@N05/sets/72157622074291406/
- Photos: Seattle Post-Intelligencer blog: Hempfest 2009: A visual recap. "Seattle's annual celebration of cannabis culture drew hundreds of thousands to Myrtle Edwards and Elliot Bay waterfront parks." Direct link to photos.
- stopthedrugwar.org report. With photos and discussion.
- NORML report. With photos and discussion.
- 2009 Seattle Hempfest Lineup - Event schedule with many links.
- 2009 Seattle Hempfest Speakers - with many links.
- 2009 Speakers Panels - Hemposium Stage.
- 2009 Seattle Hempfest maps. With notations. On one of the maps one can zoom in and out by clicking the buttons at the top left of the map. Drag the map around too. See this link to that Google Map on its own page. Here is a link to the large version of the other map.
GMM. May 3, 2008:
- 1,000 Marched from Volunteer Park to Pioneer Sq., noon to 3:30pm.
- Report, video: http://hempfest.org/drupal/?q=node/54
- Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lindahashope/sets/72157604864586040/
- Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alapoet/sets/72157604880335976/
- Photos, posters: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22007558@N05/
- Youtube link. Video of the 2008 march from Volunteer Park to rally at Westlake Park. Speech by Vivian McPeak.
- Youtube link. Sister VixXxen of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.
Hempfest. August 16-17 2008:
- Photo gallery: http://hempfest.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=14520
Seattle Hempfest 2007:
Seattle Hempfest. August 17-18, 2002:
- Press: Seattle Times article: "Around 75,000 people"
- Press: Seattle Post-Intelligencer: "An estimated 80,000 people"
- CannabisCulture.com report with photos: "150,000 marijuana-lovers"
Seattle Hempfest. August 18-19, 2001:
- NORML report. "A total crowd estimated at 150,000." Also, Woody Harrelson was a surprise speaker. NORML reported:
- Harrelson, who took the main stage to speak at 4:20 pm on Sunday to chants from the crowd of "Woody, Woody," began by acknowledging the cultural significance of the time. "It's now officially 4:20," he said. "If you folks need to do something now, just go ahead." He added, "I recently decided to stop smoking." When the groans from the crowd subsided, he finished by adding, "but I thought more about it and decided I didn't want to be a quitter!" Harrelson, who has long advocated the use of industrial hemp, more recently has broadened his goals to include an end to marijuana prohibition altogether.
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMsTyKveBv8 - Description: "Chris Conrad and Vivian McPeak speak over scenes from 2001 Hempfest, as 150,000 happy souls gathered over two days to celebrate the Cannabis Hemp culture. Then Woody Harrelson, actor and activist, appears for 4:20. Woody attained HempsterHood in 1996 after being arrested for planting industrial hemp seeds in Kentucky. He was defended at trial by former KY Gov. Louie Nunn(R)."
- Report, photo: http://www.cannabisculture.ca/v2/articles/2451.html
MMM. May 2000:
- Photos: http://www.hempfest.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=17195
- Photos: Marihemp Network Gallery :: Seattle, Washington, USA. 2000 MMM. Archive.
Seattle Hempfest. August 20, 2000:
- Photos: http://www.hempfest.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=13117
- Preview: http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4186
- Preview: http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/articles/1645.html
- Report: http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/articles/1730.html
MMM. May 1, 1999:
- Over the day 4000 people marched and/or rallied:
- Video: http://www.crrh.org/hemptv/misc_smmm.html
- Preview and scheduled speakers: http://hempfest.org/1999/mmm.shtml
- Preview (plain text): http://www.hempfest.org/1999/mmj.txt
- Poster/flyer/banner: http://www.hempfest.org/1999/mmmflyer.pdf
Seattle Hempfest. August 22, 1999:
- Link: http://hempfest.org/1999/main.shtml
- Lineup: http://hempfest.org/1999/lineup.shtml
- Photos: http://www.hempfest.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=12758
Seattle Hempfest. August 23, 1998:
- Link: http://www.hempfest.org/1998/main.shtml
- Lineup: http://www.hempfest.org/1998/lineup.shtml
- Associated Press article: "The Seattle Police Department estimated 35,000 people attended the event".
Seattle Hempfest. August 24, 1997:
Seattle Hempfest. August 14, 1994:
- Photos, graphics: http://www.hempfest.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=15160
More event graphics