- Share link: Sofia
'The Drug Whisperer': Drivers arrested while stone cold sober by dumbass Georgia cops. And: Willie Nelson to Jeff Sessions: Smoke Some Pot. And: Cannabis may help wean people off crack, study finds. And: Trump thinks health insurance costs $15 a month. And: Doctors hate Trumpcare. And: Prison healthcare, deaths. And: At heated North Dakota town hall watch a man stuff money into shirt Of GOP Congressman Who Voted To Repeal Obamacare. . And: Jeff Sessions Rolls Back Obama-Era Drug Sentencing Reforms. Returns harsher punishments for low-level drug crimes. .
. And: Cannabis Festivals 2017-2018 | Man, I'm hungry. | Everfest. And: Uruguayans sign up for state cannabis in world first. And: Bipartisan Senate Bill Introduced To Rein In Trump Support For Philippines Drug War. And: Weed Nuns. And: World Naked Gardening Day is May 6th. Your marijuana garden needs love too . And: Man wins historic medical marijuana trial. 46 plants. And: Congress Gives Jeff Sessions $0 To Go After Medical Marijuana Laws. . And: Montel Williams reveals how smoking marijuana every day for 17 years changed his life. And: . And: Duterte slammed over discovery of abused prisoners in secret cell in Manila. USA Today. And: Mexican Congress approves use of medical marijuana. Goes to President to be signed into law. . And: The booming business of cannabis in Spain. Article and video. .
. And: 'Mass murder' complaint filed against him at International Criminal Court. And: Criminal Charges For Georgia Police Officers punching and kicking handcuffed marijuana user in head. .
Poll: Bernie Sanders is most popular U.S. politician . And: Bernie Sanders And Democrats Introduce A New $15 Minimum Wage Bill. And: And: I had a health crisis in France. I’m here to tell you that ‘socialized medicine’ is terrific. . And: Medical marijuana could save Medicaid $1 billion in prescription drug costs. . And: West Virginia becomes 29th state to legalize medical marijuana. . And: Republican Governor, Terry Branstad, rolls back local minimum wage increases in Iowa.
. Among current users: 14% Republican, 43% Democrats, 42% independents. And: . And: Smoke pot in Oregon? Your name now protected from feds. And: And: She also vetoed the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill.
. And: French election: 4 of the 5 main presidential candidates support cannabis reform. Far-right Marine LePen opposes. And: Patrick Stewart Reveals He Uses Marijuana Daily To Help With Arthritis Symptoms.
For The First Time Ever, The Federal Government Is Referring To Marijuana As Medicine. And: Bernie Sanders: Americans pay highest prices for pharmaceutical drugs in the world. And: Canada has universal health care, and higher minimum wage than USA.And:
The disease killing white Americans goes way deeper than opioids. . And: Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Calls For Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition. And: Trump's Health Care Plan Could Exacerbate Opioid Epidemic, But Medical Marijuana Could Help. . And: Former premiers and Australian police chiefs call for drug decriminalisation. . And: NPR: Former Drug Czar Says GOP Health Bill Would Cut Access To Addiction Treatment.
17,000 more people annually could die in 2018 if Trumpcare becomes law. 14 million more people uninsured in 2018. 24 million in 2026. 29,000 more dead annually in 2026. And: and See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations. . List of countries with universal health care.
Quinnipiac poll: 71% oppose enforcing federal marijuana laws in states where the drug is legal. And: Canada. Human rights board orders insurer to pay medical marijuana costs in precedent-setting case .
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . One reason why: Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare.And:
Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually, and 30 million will lose their healthcare coverage. Physicians for a National Health Program. And: A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He’s On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues. And: 15 charts that show how Obamacare works now — and how Republicans would overhaul it.
- 1 Top
- 2 2013
- 3 Social media, Facebook
- 4 Local links
- 5 City info
- 6 Global Marijuana March
- 7 2010
- 8 2007
- 9 2006
- 10 2005
- 11 2004
- 12 More info, links, years
- 13 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
- 14 Cannabis is safer
- 15 Drug war, control, mass incarceration
- 16 Green love
- 17 Single-Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare
- 18 USA. Republican-led drug war
- 19 Categories
GMM or 4/20:
Social media, Facebook
- Декриминализация на марихуаната - най-голямата фен страница за декриминализация на марихуаната в България.
- legalize it.
- Promena Open Group
- Growshop Sofia Bulgaria.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|Find GMM graphics and other event graphics for any city.|
- Bulgaria. Cannabis-related links.
- promena.org - За легализация на марихуаната в България » движение Промена (Legalization of marijuana in Bulgaria).
- Medical Marijuana Bulgaria
- Growshop Gradinar Online Shop, Bulgaria. See contact page.
- Growshopvarna.com - see contact page.
- Google Maps: Sofia.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Sofia.
- Wikitravel: Sofia.
- WeBeHigh.org - Cities and countries. By U.S. state. And: Google site search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March
GMM (years signed up). (The city search of basic city lists will not find 2015, 2016, or 2017 cities since the 2015-17 GMM-420 pages list only countries, and not cities). This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. Cities and nations holding 4/20 events are also included in later years. 39 nations participated on May 7, 2016, or thereabouts. 43 nations participated on May 2, 2015, or thereabouts. 212 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 888 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
GMM: photos, basic city lists, maps, detailed city lists, years, regions, nations, links, graphics. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis. And: Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana. And: Global Marijuana March. See signup.
Global Million Marijuana March. GMM Facebook pages. GMM yearly city totals. Many GMM links. See also: 420 event lists. And: More cannabis-related links. And: Google News archives. And: GMM on Wikipedia. Google (add name of city to searches):        . . Google maps: city, state, nation.
Photos, graphics, and image searches: Marijuana March:     . Marihuana March:    . Marcha Marihuana (Spanish):    . Marche Mondiale Cannabis (French):    . Marche Mondiale Marijuana (French):    . Marcha Maconha or Marcha Marijuana (Portuguese):        . Google Advanced Image Search (find free images). Pinterest: . GMM Blogs: . Travel blogs with photos: . Wikipedia: Legality of cannabis by country: Erowid.org. WeBeHigh.org - many cities worldwide. Old Yahoo Groups:   . Basic city lists by year. Marijuana polls. And: Wiki upload posters, flyers, and banners. See also Wikimedia upload.
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
There are many GMM and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GMM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
No GMM march was held. See this page of a promena.org forum thread. Here is a Google translation of one of the messages:
- Posted: Tue Apr 20 , 2010 12:44 pm
- Apparently this year will pass without procession , unfortunately. It remains 10 days, is not to be done when the organization, even now to start ..
- Photos, report: Шествие “Марш за трева 2006″.
- Report (from old GMM site):
About the 2006 event, we were weaker this year then previous. About 500 young people came out to the center of Sofia. We had no permission for the event. New mayor of Sofia, former police chief, Boiko Borisov prohibited our procession through Sofia's central streets and permitted us only to stay in a park.
Promena Movement did not submit to this order, because we aim to shown Bulgarian society that marijuana users are not dangerous, that they are normal, and they are not criminals. We refused to hide in parks and gardens. We decided to make our event every week until we get the permission from our mayor.
So, on 7th May, 4:20 p.m. we started our MMM 06. When we reached the first crossroad we stopped, sat down the road, and blocked the traffic for fifteen minutes. After that we turned back to the starting point and made a party with speeches and music.
During the whole we had no problems with the police.
Next week on 13th May we did the same, but without music (due to financial reasons).
For 20th May, Mr Borisov prohibited even the meeting and we started sueing the municipality.
One of the reasons why this year we are weaker then previous is that recently the founder of Promena Movement, Georgi Vasilev went to jail for six years, for possession of 183 gr. of marijuana. This fact did reflect unfavorably to our organization. So we looking for any help to make our President reprieve him.
GMM. May 14:
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eevm2ET1cWg
- Media: Bulgarians March for Marijuana Freedom. May 14, 2005 article at Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency.
- Report (in Bulgarian): За легализация на марихуаната в България » Шествие “Марш ЗА ТРЕВА” 14.05.2005, София.
- Report (from old international GMM site):
- Report from Sofia
- The Global Marijuana March in Sofia, organised on May 14 by the Promena Movement for Marijuana Legalisation amassed some 1,500 people, who openly stated they shall not be treated like criminals.
- The rally set off at 16:30 a.m. from the Boris gardens under the sound of drums, tin-whistles and pipes, chanting "Freedom!", "We are not criminals!", "Legalisation!", "Ganja!", etc. and toured the city center. Participants at the head of the march carried two posters, with the words "Freedom" and "Re-legalization" painted on hemp cloth. (Marijuana was not banned until some 50 years ago, hence the call for re-legalisation.) All were very enthusiastic, and so were some of the by-standers in the outdoor cafes along the Sofia streets.
- One of the most amusing episodes occurred on the Patriarch Euthimius boulevard. Part of the protesters noticed their favourite plant growing freely in one of the street flower pots and gave it a powerful salute. The rally stopped for a moment, only to watch how one of the cops supervising the rally, eradicated the plant and trashed it in the nearest bin.
- A boy and a girl, smoking a joint, were immediately circled by the cops, who were very disappointed to find out that the teenagers were smoking peppermint! Yet one participant was later detained for "possessing narcotic highly hazardous narcotic substance", as the Bulgarian legislation refers to cannabis.
- Back in the Boris gardens the rally proceeded with a reggae party.
April 4. Marijuana March:
- Photos: http://promena.org/old_site/_gligi/040404/ShestviePhotos.htm
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiuBEZO7pps
- Report (in Bulgarian): За легализация на марихуаната в България » Шествие “Не сме престъпници” – 04.04.2004, София (Legalization of marijuana in Bulgaria » Rally "We are not criminals" - 04.04.2004 , Sofia).
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration
|See: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Single-Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare
Portugal. Few die of overdose
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article.
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.
USA. Republican-led drug war
New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.