Jump to navigation Jump to search
Share GCM-420 event links here: Main talk page And here: Main Global Cannabis March and 420 fan page. International GCM-420 group. Europe GCM-420 group. Private GCM-420 group.
- Share links: talktime and Timeshifter talk. See talk archive for past discussion. See my user page. See my music playlists. For info on editing city lists and protected pages see admins. For links to GMM and 420 coordinators see signup.
- Comments are eventually moved to the archive.
Feel free to add your comments. Add topic.
Backup dumps of your wiki here
I saw your discussion with the ShoutWiki folks about getting offline backups of your wiki. I understand that on a wiki you do this by getting a database dump. From the discussion it sounded as if the only way to do this was to ask them each time you wanted to do so, but maybe I missed something. What is the state of play with backup dumps?
(Background: I am thinking of starting a wiki and, like you, wouldn't like to see all my, and potentially other folks', contributions go south if shoutwiki turned toes-up.) — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 16:44, 25 February 2016
- I ask the staff once a year for a full database dump. Another way is to add a category to all the pages you want to backup more often. Maybe call it the "Export" category. And then use Special:Export to backup all the pages in that category. --Timeshifter (talk) 19:20, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks. Is the format in which data is saved from a database dump different to the format using Special:Export? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 23:24, 25 February 2016
- Both use the .xml extension. Please sign your posts. :) It is the squiggly line icon in the edit toolbar.
- See: Special:SpecialPages. Note the "Import pages" link: Special:Import. The "choose file" link there is for pulling up a .xml file. Shoutwiki has been stable for years now. It has not lost anything in years. It may have its share of downtime, but its backups have been secure for years. --Timeshifter (talk) 16:03, 26 February 2016 (UTC)