Global Marijuana March links
|Cannabis March & 420 signup|
There are many Global Cannabis March and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GCM and 420. Search Facebook. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GCM links box (many links in one place), and the GCM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GCM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
|Facebook. Cannabis March & 420.|
See closed GMM group (only members see posts in closed groups). For the rest of the world see the yearly GMM-420 lists (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, etc.). They list some of the many other GMM and 420 Facebook pages and groups from around the world. See also: Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.
Click (or right-click) the search links. Then add a city name and/or year, and search again. Remove or add search terms to find other events, and other cannabis-related images.
Photos, graphics, and image searches. Share link: Image search. Marijuana March:    . Marihuana March:   . Marcha Marihuana (Spanish):    . Marche Mondiale Cannabis (French):   . Marche Mondiale Marijuana (French):   . Marcha Maconha or Marcha Marijuana (Portuguese):      . Google Advanced Image Search. And: Flickr advanced image search. Has "date taken" search too.
See: Flickr advanced image search. For example; here is a search for cannabis set to pull up images taken on May 5, 2018, the first Saturday in May in 2018. The date of the 2018 Global Marijuana March. See Template:GMM yearly city totals. It has dates for each GMM.
Older photos: Archive of Marihemp Network Gallery.
advanced search. See tips. Or do a Google site search for 420 - Add a year to the search. In the results list note that the search term may be from a comment, and not from the article itself. More searches: "marijuana march" And: "cannabis march". And: "cannabis parade". And: "J Day". In the results list one can tell which articles are more recent by the thread number in the URL. The higher the thread number, the more recent the article.Use the site's
Search shortcuts for marijuana marches (add city name). First link is for searching Youtube. When you use one of the Google web searches, you can then click other links to search Google News, and Google's video search. It searches more than just Youtube videos.
Click (or right-click) the search links. Then add a city name, and search again. Remove or add search terms to find other events, and other cannabis-related videos, pages, and images.
The higher video resolutions available via the settings button under most videos (at their source pages especially) sometimes also increase the audio quality of the videos. On embedded videos you can click, or right-click, the source links to go to the source page to watch the larger versions.
- 1 Top
- 2 City searches
- 3 News searches and archives
- 4 Free hosting
- 5 City list archives
- 6 More compilations
- 7 Google web searches
- 8 Videos
- 9 Images
- 10 Blogs
- 11 Uploading images to WeedWiki
- 12 Forums
- 13 Yahoo Groups
- 14 Please add links and info
- 15 Previous city lists. Many links
- 16 Why you should use this page
- 17 Online-Organization
- 18 Instant Messaging
- 19 Technical Help
- 20 Publicity
- 21 Printing
- 22 Translation
- 23 How to get money for your event
- 24 Organizing your event
- 25 Categories
For global event reports by year see:
The Global Marijuana March (GMM) is also known as the Million Marijuana March (MMM), and Global Cannabis March (GCM). Other names, and associated events (some have been around longer than GCM): World Cannabis Day, Cannabis Liberation Day, Cannabis Parade, Ganja Day, J Day, MardiGrass, etc.. GMM occurs on the first Saturday in May, or thereabouts, depending on the city and country. It began in 1999. See New York City, Dana Beal, and Wikipedia: Global Marijuana March. It may include marches, meetings, rallies, raves, concerts, festivals, information tables, and more. The six main demands: stop all cannabis arrests; stop the lies; release the medicine; heal the sick; end the prison state; Cures Not Wars. See ibogaine. And Facebook: Ibogaine Universe!!!! See for many links for , reports, , videos, , press/media, , etc.. See flat lists. See GMM Facebook. See Archive.org to find archived reports by entering the URL. See report compilations: 420 and Global Marijuana March event lists by year. See also: Wikipedia: Legality of cannabis by country. Please let us know of missing cities for any year: Talk.
no longer works well. It does not find all the yearly city lists containing a city name.
works well. Click: . Add city name to search, and state/province/nation as needed. This is an advanced search of main pages and templates. This will pull up all yearly maps in which the city is listed. Except for 2015, 2016, or 2017 in which only countries were listed for the most part. Putting quotes around multi-word city names helps focus the search: "New York City".
News searches and archives
See: Free hosting.
City list archives
Some of the best GMM years with the most cities involved had dedicated sites with good domain names and some awesome webmasters using sophisticated software: Cures-not-wars.org (before it became a Wordpress-based site), MillionMarijuanaMarch.org (2003 mainly), and GlobalMarijuanaMarch.com (2005-2009).
- Detailed archive: URLs captured for this domain.
- Detailed archive: URLs captured for this domain.
Cannabis events diary:
- http://www.ccguide.org.uk/events.php - this year.
- http://www.ccguide.org//eventreports.php - previous years.
Google web searches
GMM-MMM Google web searches. Click links to find thousands of pages. Also, try different words and spellings: cannabis, marijuana with 'j', marihuana with 'h', maconha (Portuguese), etc.. "Marcha" is Portuguese for "march."
Single line of Google web search links:
marihuana (spelled with an 'h') march:
International video galleries:
Single line of video search links:
- http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=marijuana+march - with 'j'
- http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=marihuana+march - with 'h'
- http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=maconha+marcha - Portuguese
- http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=marijuana+march - with 'j'
- http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=marihuana+march - with 'h'
- http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=maconha+marcha - Portuguese
Video tools: 18 free ways to download any video off the internet
Links to many GMM-MMM photos, crowd shots, posters, flyers, and banners worldwide.
Livejournal.com free photo blogs:
- Kiev, Ukraine. 2007:
Single line of photo search links:
- http://images.google.com/images?q=%22marijuana+march%22 - "j"
- http://images.google.com/images?q=%22marihuana+march%22 - "h"
- http://images.google.com/images?q=maconha+marcha - Portuguese
- http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=%22marijuana+march%22 - "j"
- http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=%22marihuana+march%22 - "h"
- http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=maconha+marcha - Portuguese
- http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=marijuana+march - "j"
- http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=marihuana+march - "h"
- http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=maconha+marcha - Portuguese
- Photos matching 'marijuana' (with a "j") taken May 4-6, 2007
- Photos matching 'marihuana' (with an "h") taken May 4-6, 2007
- Photos matching 'maconha' taken May 4-6, 2007
Search Flickr for images with free licenses:
Uploading images to WeedWiki
Upload multiple files at Special:MultipleUpload.
Google searches for marijuana march forums:
Find more forums with this search of WeedWiki:
Some forums with GMM info:
- Girls Gone Weed.
- Cannabis Culture 2007.
- Cannabis Culture 2008
- GrassCity.com forum on Legalization and Activism
Brazil GMM forums:
Toronto GMM forums:
Please add links to the wiki city lists. If you add a link to any of these wiki pages, please create links back from your own site to these wiki pages so that people who are looking for a way to promote their own event can add to these wiki lists. To add links click the edit links to the right.
These city lists have many links to reports, media, press, videos, photos, posters, banners, etc.:
An example from 2005 below. Some of the links may no longer work:
Why you should use this page
- getting together, moving something together.
- cannabis activists: if you have some specialty, share them with us. Some of you are designers, internet service providers, attorneys, accountants, club managers, or researchers...
Let's move together!
- How to put on a pot rally by David Malmo-Levine (19 Jan, 2004), Cannabis Culture
You do not need to be online or reachable all the time! Also please remember that we are not online all the time.
There are some people who can help you in getting a page online. Please contact:
- by mail: tribble(at)hanfplantage.de by jabber: tribble(at)jabber.ccc.de
Prepare yourself for some press conferences. Give the press what they want: information. Photos, audio, video, texts, .. If you cannot do it, get in contact with us - we're helping you out. You can have 2 million people on the streets without one journalist!
See the many forums and email lists linked on the GMM city lists, and on the city sites.
- Make events
- some ideas are below: How to get money for your event
Offset flyer printing may be the cheapest bulk printing of small flyers. Single-color flyers are cheaper. One can get 10,000 small 2-sided flyers for less than $50 (?) if single color, and $100 (?) if multi-color.
Using pastel-color paper costs almost the same as white paper, and it adds color without having to pay for multi-color flyers. Use single-color ink like blue or green. This also adds color but is still a single-color flyer.
This page translates text passages, or whole web pages:
How to get money for your event
- make a smoke-in/hemp market with things you can easily produce and sell: hemp bakery, roasted hemp seeds..
- do an open music contest ( http://www.openmusiccontest.org/ ), sell some t-shirts and do a party..
- also charity songs can be sold online, as ringtone, ..
- do a charity event, some party
- get sponsors like head&grow shops
- sponsors like banners on webpages or to see their logo, get announced in the context and so on
- get support from an non-profit organization, foundations
- rosa-luxemburg stiftung (.de), ..
- flyers do have two pages - get a sponsor which prints the other side
- do a hemp fashion show; or a fashion contest - the best will be made from hemp textiles ( like http://chanvreutile.free.fr/ )
- did you know that Rock against Racism (70/80ies) was co-organized by the Legalize Scene ? RAR exists till today
Organizing your event
You can usually march on the sidewalks without permits or insurance.
You might want to ask at your city building how to reserve a place and day for an assembly, too. While there you might ask about marching. Getting march permits on the street itself is harder. Some cities require insurance or other fees for event assemblies and/or marches on the street. Many times this is illegal on their part and an infringement of your first amendment rights.
There are usually some lawyers who will answer some questions for free about any of this. Call a few and see what they say. They usually can give you a little time to answer some questions. Ask around to find lawyers who handle first amendment stuff for free. They sometimes sue cities for monetary damages and they sometimes win!
You can sometimes get free posters from Dana Beal (or other people linked from his page).
Use full-size flyers (9 by 11 inch standard photocopies) on telephone poles and in friendly stores.
A great tool that can get a lot of people to rallies are some 4-way small flyers that you can cut four out of 9 by 11 inch photocopies. Post the small flyers on bulletin boards at universities, etc.. Be sure to be clear about the date, time, place, contact info, and purpose of the event on the flyers.
A web address on the flyers and posters is especially helpful in showing people that this is a serious event. Blogs are free web pages that you can easily create. If you can do type email, then you can easily type in a blog. Blogger.com is Google's free site. LiveJournal.com is another great free blogging site. They both allow you to post photos, graphics, flyers, etc..
Before and after your events upload lots of photos, posters, flyers, banners, etc. to Facebook and other pages. Click the "Upload image/file" link in the left column of this page. Upload to wikipedia, wikimedia, and Flickr too. All are free places to post your images. Choose the most free licenses at those places so that the images can be used by others so that the word gets out about GMM.