Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Share link: Calgary
'America Is Full Of Hypocrites': Marijuana Lifer John Knock Speaks Out. And: Medical marijuana given green light in South Africa: report. And: First Marijuana Testing for Vets with PTSD Underway in Phoenix; Volunteers Wanted. And: Hemp Industries Association Sues DEA Over Illegal Attempt to Regulate Hemp Foods as Schedule I Drugs. And: Will Trump Crush the Modest Progress in Fighting Mass Incarceration? Momentum at state level. .
Canada. Human rights board orders insurer to pay medical marijuana costs in precedent-setting case . Washington Post article: Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually, and 30 million will lose their healthcare coverage. Physicians for a National Health Program. Will 2018 midterm elections remove Republicans? And: Marijuana and gender equity: Cannabis industry is a magnet for women executives
And: Marijuana, made in Italy: Inside the military police cannabis lab. And: Israel moves to decriminalize marijuana use . And: Germany expands medical cannabis legalization. Insurance will pay for it. . And: People in the US and Canada spent over $53 billion on marijuana in 2016. And: Mass incarceration doesn't do much to fight crime. But it costs an absurd $182 billion a year. And: Imagine That! Police Solve Far More Murders After they Stop Arresting Cannabis Users.
. And: And: DEA Slapped in Face: American Epilepsy Society Accepts Marijuana Extract Obliterates Seizures in Epileptic Children. And: Big Pharma Shaking in Their Boots as 80% of Cannabis Users Give Up Prescription Pills for Pot. And: A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He’s On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues. And: New UN chief António Guterres was Prime Minister of Portugal when it decriminalized drugs . And: Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin (Democrat) Pardons 192 for Marijuana Convictions. And: New Study: Cigarettes Tied To Increased Stroke Risk But Not Marijuana. And: 15 charts that show how Obamacare works now — and how Republicans would overhaul it.
The US federal minimum wage hit its peak purchasing power nearly 50 years ago. And: Canada has universal health care, and a higher minimum wage than the US. And: On average, states with medical marijuana laws see dips in fatal car crashes.And:
Republican governor Kasich quietly bans Cleveland voters from raising minimum wage in their city. And: Working full time at state minimum wage is not enough for a one-bedroom apartment in any state. Click states. And: Bernie Sanders: Americans pay highest prices for pharmaceutical drugs in the world. And: Branford, Connecticut. America’s oldest hospice to study medical marijuana.And:
He already violated health care promises by appointing Tom Price.
- 1 Top
- 2 2014
- 3 Links
- 4 City info
- 5 Global Marijuana March
- 6 2012
- 7 2011
- 8 2010
- 9 2009
- 10 2008
- 11 2007
- 12 2006
- 13 2005
- 14 More info, links, years
- 15 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
- 16 Cannabis is safer
- 17 Drug-war mass incarceration
- 18 Green love
- 19 End drug war with Universal Healthcare
- 20 Categories
GMM, May 3:
- Facebook: Calgary 420 / Erb4Herb 420 Celebrations.
- 420 Calgary Alberta « 420 RALLY.
- Calgary 420 Rally.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|Find GMM graphics and other event graphics for any city.|
- Category: Cannabis-related links. For nation, state, or province links.
- Canada. Cannabis-related links.
- See the above pages for additional Facebook and other links.
- Calgary420.ca. Events and rallies.
- Wikipedia: Grant Krieger
- Marijuana Case Studies. Research Index - Calgarycmmc.com. And Calgarycmmc.org.
- Google Maps: Calgary.
- Google images: Calgary.
- Wikipedia: Calgary.
- Wikitravel: Calgary.
- Wikivoyage: Calgary.
- WeBeHigh.org: Calgary.
- MarijuanaTravels.com - Cities and countries. And Google site search.
Global Marijuana March
GMM (years signed up). (The city search of basic city lists will not find 2015, 2016, or 2017 cities since the 2015-17 GMM-420 pages list only countries, and not cities). This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. Cities and nations holding 4/20 events are also included in later years. 37 nations participated on May 7, 2016, or thereabouts. 43 nations participated on May 2, 2015, or thereabouts. 211 cities from 41 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 883 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
GMM: photos, basic city lists, maps, detailed city lists, years, regions, nations, links, graphics. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis. And: Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana. And: Global Marijuana March. See signup.
Global Million Marijuana March. GMM Facebook pages. GMM yearly city totals. Many GMM links. See also: 420 event lists. And: More cannabis-related links. And: Google News archives. And: GMM on Wikipedia. Google (add name of city to searches):        . . Google maps: city, state, nation.
Photos, graphics, and image searches: Marijuana March:     . Marihuana March:    . Marcha Marihuana (Spanish):    . Marche Mondiale Cannabis (French):    . Marche Mondiale Marijuana (French):    . Marcha Maconha or Marcha Marijuana (Portuguese):        . Google Advanced Image Search (find free images). Pinterest: . GMM Blogs: . Travel blogs with photos: . Wikipedia: Legality of cannabis by country: Erowid.org. WeBeHigh.org - many cities worldwide. Old Yahoo Groups:   . Basic city lists by year. Marijuana polls. And: Wiki upload posters, flyers, and banners. See also Wikimedia upload.
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
There are many GMM and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GMM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
- Facebook: 8th Annual Calgary Global Marijuana March.
- Events - Global Marijuana March.
- Educate, not agitate, the focus of Saturday's Global Marijuana March - 660News.
- Events - Worldwide Marijuana March 2011.
- Worldwide Marijuana March 2011 (Calgary).
- Forum: Marijuana March aims to educate and bring awareness about cannabis.
Calgary: Keith Fagin Events(at)Calgary420.ca 403-863-2071 http://Calgary420.ca/ . Meet at Çity Hall- 800 Macleod Tr. SE 1 PM.
Calgary: Keith Fagin Events(at)Calgary420.ca 403-863-2071 http://Calgary420.ca/ . Meet at City Hall- 800 Macleod Tr. SE 1 PM.
GMM. May 2, 2009:
- Facebook: 2009 Global Marijuana March (Calgary).
- Link: http://calgary420.ca/events/details/4-wwmm.html
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=12206649276&view=all
- Photos: http://calgary420.ca/gallery.html?func=viewcategory&catid=39
- Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thivierr/sets/72157617531879405
- Forum: http://calgary420.ca/forum/index.php?&topic=1748.0
- Facebook video: Videos from 2009 Global Marijuana March (Calgary): Calgary 5th Annual Worldwide Marijuana March
Feb. 27, 2009 event:
- Facebook: 'Resolving Marijuana Prohibition' - Calgary.
- Google Map: Calgary Central Public Library Theatre.
Calgary: Keith Fagin keith(at)Calgary420.ca (403) - 863-2071 http://Calgary420.ca/ Meet at Mount Royal Park on 17th Ave. and 8th Street S.W. March to Olympic Plaza
GMM. May 3, 2008:
- Link: http://calgary420.ca/events/details/46-calgary-4th-annual-worldwide-marijuana-march.html
- Photos: http://calgary420.ca/gallery.html?func=viewcategory&catid=39
- Facebook: marijuana march over 200 cities one day come join CALGARY AS WE MARCH
- Facebook video: Calgary 2008 World Wide Marijuana March
- Link: http://calgary420.ca/events/details/27-global-marijuana-march.html
- GMM forum. 2.
- Photos: http://calgary420.ca/gallery.html?func=viewcategory&catid=40
- Forum with photos. With video links.
- Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thivierr/sets/72157600182713473 - this set of photos is under this CC license:
- So the photos can be uploaded here or to wikipedia.
- Link: http://calgary420.ca/events/details/20-global-marijuana-march.html
- Photos: http://calgary420.ca/gallery.html?func=viewcategory&catid=41
- Images: http://kanman.ca/gmm
- Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=HTxiLKXaiUA
- Report (from old GMM site):
Keith Fagin founder of Calgary 420 Marijuana Community organized the 2006 Calgary Global Marijuana March.
Attendance increased ten fold this year. The biggest pro marijuana event Calgary has ever experienced to date. It was real nice to see the pro marijuana support growing in the most long term hard core conservative city in Canada.
Four local hemp stores and five marijuana magazines committed donations for prize give aways.
Many people did light up joints and pipes openly and were not bothered by the Calgary Police Service (CPS). I had took the time to negotiate with the CPS and the City of Calgary long before the event took place. The best sight I have ever seen is when the marchers started to pour in to the Olympic Plaza concrete bowl with many more marchers behind them pouring in the the huge Olympic Plaza bowl. Like a sea of people growing by the second, it was an awesome sight.
2007 Calgary Global Marijuana March will attract thousands. Live bands at Olympic Plaza starting at 12:00 PM then the March starts at 2:00 PM around Calgary streets until the marchers end back at the Olympic Plaza for free prizes and entertainment.
- Link: http://calgary420.ca/events/details/19-global-marijuana-march.html
- Photos: http://calgary420.ca/gallery.html?func=viewcategory&catid=42
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug-war mass incarceration
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
End drug war with Universal Healthcare
- See article: End drug war with universal healthcare.
No deductibles on basic Canadian health care and co-pays are extremely low or non-existent. Portugal has universal healthcare. Like Canada. Like nearly all of the EU (European Union). See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Health in Portugal and Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal.
- Portugal decriminalised drugs 14 years ago – and now hardly anyone dies from overdosing. 2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article:
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."