Dallas, Texas, USA
- Share link: Dallas
|2015. The 70th anniversary of victory over fascism. The 35th anniversary of Reagan's war on cannabis.|
- Oregon's automatic registration and mail-in voting defeats Republican opposition. . Cannabis initiatives will benefit as more states do the same.
- USA. Will Republicans ever stop their wasteful spending on drug war, etc.. 
- CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasion.  $6 trillion dollar war. .
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|Find GMM graphics and other event graphics for any city.|
- Category: Cannabis-related links. For nation, state, or province links.
- Texas. Cannabis-related links
- Find more Facebook and other links on the above-linked pages.
- Facebook: -
- DFW NORML | Ending Cannabis Prohibition One Texan at a Time.
- Google Maps: Dallas.
- Google images: Dallas.
- Wikipedia: Dallas.
- Wikitravel: Dallas.
- Wikivoyage: Dallas.
- WeBeHigh.org: Dallas.
- MarijuanaTravels.com: Cities by country. Country pages. And search.
Global Marijuana March
GMM (years signed up). This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. 210 cities from 40 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. Cities holding 4/20 events are also included. 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 848 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
Global Million Marijuana March. GMM Facebook pages. GMM yearly city totals. Many GMM links. See also: 420 event lists. And: More cannabis-related links. 848 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999. Google News archives. GMM on Wikipedia. Google (add name of city to searches):        . . Google maps: city, state, nation. Photos, graphics, and image searches: Marijuana March:     . Marihuana March:    . Marcha Marihuana (Spanish):    . Marche Mondiale Cannabis (French):    . Marche Mondiale Marijuana (French):    . Marcha Maconha or Marcha Marijuana (Portuguese):        . Google Advanced Image Search (find free images). GMM Blogs: . Travel blogs with photos: . Wikipedia: Legality of cannabis by country: Erowid.org. WeBeHigh.org - home page lists all cities. Old Yahoo Groups:   . Basic city lists by year. Marijuana polls. Upload posters, flyers, and banners. See also Wikimedia upload.
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
Facebook event pages are a great way to organize countries, states, and provinces. For example; USA. 2015 GMM-420 events by city. Facebook photo pages too. Both can be updated to add more cities and links. Event sites such as NowEvents.net too. For example; this Colombia page. And other pages: 420 events in 2015 in Canada. And France 2015.
Here is an ingenious way to invite people to GMM events. Hold raffle with people making image comments and tagging at least 3 people. See this image. "Tag three friends in a comment on this photo for a chance to win a free event t-shirt from DFW NORML and friends on the day of the event."
There are many GMM Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page. See GMM categories: Global Marijuana March and GMM graphics.
4/20, April 20:
GMM, May 5:
- Cinco de Mota - The 2012 Dallas Global Marijuana March | DFW NORML.
- Facebook: DFW NORML's Cinco de Mota - The Global Marijuana March 2012.
March 4, 2012:
Dallas/ Fort Worth Marijuana March! Will be in Downtown Dallas Deep Ellum. Please go to FaceBook and like us: Texans for the Reforms of Marijuana Laws. Follow us on Twitter TexansRML. We are Texans for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. Follow us for details as we get them. NORML had a large turnout last year, Combined with NORML's Dallas Chapter this year will be that much bigger!!! Show your support Texans! Bring friends, family, whoever. Get the Word out this year. Print and Pass out Flyers. Do whatever it takes people!!! Together TEXANS WE CAN!!!
Dallas/ Fort Worth annual Global Marijuana March! In Downtown Dallas. Please go to www.dfwnorml.org
Dallas, Texas. May 7, 2011. High definition video. Other 2011 GMM cities worldwide in last part of video. Youtube link.
We will be meeting on May 1, 2010 at Dallas City Hall, 1500 Marilla Street, Dallas, TX 75201 at high noon and march until 4pm. There is an afterparty sponsored by DFW NORML to be held directly afterward the GMM. More information is available at the DFW NORML 2010 GMM Website.
- Link: http://www.dfwnorml.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=12
- Video (photos): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P763CFyCYpU
Dallas: We had a turnout of nearly 300 people in Dallas for 2009! We also had a speech by Barry Cooper!
Dallas: Ryan 817-896-3619 or Elisabeth R secretary.dfwnorml(at)yahoo.com DFW NORML, PMB 19, 4455 Camp Bowie, Suite 114, Fort Worth, Texas 76107. Meet up noon until 3p.m. (at) the Earl Cabell Federal Building, 1100 Commerce Street. Rally w. banners and posters.
Dallas Global Marijuana March 2008. Youtube link.
Our march went off really good for down here in Texas! We had more support for this event than any of our others! Thank you for the opportunity!
Cannabis is safer
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- U.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder Ends Incentive For Law Enforcement To Seize Property.
Drug war + Trickle-Down Economics
Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
- See context, and above quote, at 1 minute 7 seconds into this video clip narrated by Woody Harrelson.
|Drug war + trickle-down Reaganomics = mass incarceration and mass control.|
Cost of drug war
- See article: Cost of U.S. drug war. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See also: Drug war charts and maps. See: cannabis arrests.
|Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
Click the infographics to enlarge them.
Obamacare is better than the old healthcare system. Drug rehab for harder drugs is now paid for by Obamacare. It is far cheaper than jail. But Obamacare does not cover everybody because of the incredible waste of health insurance companies. Single-payer covers everybody (including veterans, most of whom are only partially covered by Veterans Administration care). It is much easier to use (almost no paperwork for patients), is far cheaper per capita , and gets better overall health results. U.S. Healthcare Ranked Dead Last Compared To 10 Other Countries. June 16, 2014. Forbes: "Many continue to falsely assume that we pay more for healthcare because we get better health (or better health outcomes)." Why Do Other Rich Nations Spend So Much Less on Healthcare? The Atlantic. July 23, 2014. And 200 million claims were denied yearly before Obamacare. .
Health insurance companies suck money from their hosts, but provide no tangible service. Just like toll-road companies. See: Toll Roads Are A Bad Idea. Both just handle the money, and take a cut of the money. They build costly buildings to house the accounting staff, and claim deniers. Costly 16-lane toll plazas are built, often on expensive urban land.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|