Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Full site / Mobile. To Top or End. News & 2022 GMM & Categories. 2023 GMM-420. US Congress could legalize, reschedule, or remove cannabis from the federal schedule if Republican filibuster were gone. Vote in US Senators who will abolish it. . Senators Manchin or Sinema could abolish it now. Abolish Presidential veto too. Mandatory retirement. .
Share links: Porto Alegre. And: portoalegre. Local or regional cannabis-related links wanted. See more links here: Brazil. See cities by country on GMM map of all cities. See all cities (not just Global Marijuana March). See the yearly city and event lists for additional Facebook and other links.
|Click for more Porto Alegre event graphics and photos.|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- Latin America. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- Wikipedia: Cannabis in Brazil.
Search for: event videos. And more.
GMM graphics and other event graphics.
City lists. Global Marijuana March, 420. Crowd photos.
Global Marijuana March Links.
Flat list: Event graphics & photos. Alphabetical.
-Category: Cannabis-related links.
Medical Cannabis Worldwide. (zoomable English map). And: Spanish.
-Commons: Category: Cannabis by country.
See: Google Translate. And: Firefox addon.
Add local or regional links
- principioativo.org - princípio ativo - por uma nova política de drogas.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Forum: Rio Grande do Sul. Google site search for Porto Alegre.
- Google Maps: Porto Alegre.
- Google Images: Porto Alegre.
- Wikipedia: Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- Wikitravel: Porto Alegre.
- Wikivoyage: Porto Alegre.
Search: Wikipedia. Wikitravel. Wikivoyage.
CannabisVoter.info -- Vote for cannabis
- Cannabis news sources. And: Cannabis event lists and calendars.
- Drug Policy Organizations (from MAP). US cannabis organizations. And: Canada. State, province, nation from Area menu. Can also sort by topic. See advanced power search. It can search news, and it can Google search many organizations (choose one from menu).
- News Source Directory (from MAP). State, province, nation from Area menu. Or A-Z from Source menu. Google search MAP site for news, sources, topics, city, state, province, nation, organizations, etc..
- Marijuana Travel Database. Marijuana and travel reports, cities, countries, smoking laws, legality.
- WeBeHigh.org - Click "Travel Guides" button at top for continents. By U.S. state. And: Google site search.
- Marijuana Dispensary & Strain Reviews - Leafly.
- SmokeShops.com | Smoke Shops, Head Shops, Vape Shops, CBD Stores, Dispensaries.
- PotGuide.com | Comprehensive Guide to the World of Marijuana.
- LonelyCannabis.com - World's best cannabis travel guide.
- Facebook: Global Marijuana March. .
Global Cannabis March. 420
Google site search no longer works well. It does not find all the yearly city lists containing a city name.
Special:Search works well. Click: "Global Marijuana March maps". Add city name to search, and state/province/nation as needed. This is an advanced search of main pages and templates. This will pull up all yearly maps in which the city is listed. Except for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2021 due to various problems. Putting quotes around multi-word city names helps focus the search: "New York City". This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. Cities and nations holding 4/20 events are also included in later years. Yearly maps. See: 420 and Global Cannabis March event lists by year. See: GMM links.
1035 cities have participated from 85 nations or subnational areas since 1999.
GCM/420 city lists and maps: ~ 1999. 2000. 184.108.40.206.5. 220.127.116.11.10. 18.104.22.168.15. 22.214.171.124.20. 21.22.23. Yearly event links in many cases will no longer be added to city pages due to the amount of work involved. Such links are found in the yearly city lists and maps. Graphics and crowd photos will also no longer be added to city pages in many cases. Graphics and photos can be found in this alphabetical flat list.
Return to top. See 2019 Global Marijuana March and 420 event map. And: 420 event lists.
- May 4: .
Return to top. See 2018 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. And: 420 event lists.
- Facebook: Marcha Global da Maconha 2018- Porto Alegre.
Return to top. See 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. And: 420 event lists.
- Facebook: Marcha Global Da Maconha 2017 - Porto Alegre.
Return to top. See 2014 Global Marijuana March and 420 map. And: 420 event lists.
- Facebook: Marcha da Maconha Porto Alegre 2014.
Return to top. See 2013 Global Marijuana March map. And: 420 event lists.
GMM, May 25:
- Forum: Marcha Da Maconha Porto Alegre 2013.
- Princípio Ativo » Arquivo do Blog » Te prepara e vem… vem pra marcha, vem que é da Maconha!
- Facebook: Marcha da Maconha Porto Alegre 2013.
Return to top. See 2012 Global Marijuana March map.
GMM, May 26:
- Marcha da Maconha 2012 - Porto Alegre.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha 2012.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha Porto Alegre 2012.
Return to top. See 2011 Global Marijuana March map.
GMM, May 22:
- Manifestantes realizam Marcha da Maconha em Porto Alegre.
- Google translation:
Gauchos held on Sunday afternoon the Marijuana March in the park of the Redemption, in Porto Alegre. At the beginning of the event, the Military Police estimated that about 300 people attended the meeting. However, according to Leonardo Günther, one of the organizers, the walk got to meet 2500 Protestants passing the avenue João Pessoa.
Günther says that all the protest took place peacefully, "unlike what happened in Sao Paulo." For him, Porto Alegre is an example of the protest for the legalization of drugs "is a peaceful movement and does not have violence because". "Porto Alegre said yes, you can make the march," he said.
The event, organized by the Collective Principle Activity, began with the presentation of a play and debate, when participants put forward their ideas. The road ran through the vicinity of the park and ended around 18:15.
See 2010 Global Marijuana March map. Porto Alegre: principioativo.rs(at)gmail.com or portoalegre(at)marchadamaconha.org http://principioativo.blogspot.com Arco do Parque da Redenção, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul - Brazil
GMM. May 8:
See GMM 2009, GlobalMarijuanaMarch.org archive, 2.
See 2008 GMM, GlobalMarijuanaMarch.org archive, 2.
There was repression in most Brazilian cities that tried to hold Global Marijuana March events in 2008:
- Google searches: . . Videos. Images. Marijuana is 'maconha' in Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal).
- Flickr search: .
- English coverage of Global Marijuana March 2008 repression in Brazil:    . Reports with many videos linked by Brazilian city:  .
See 2007 Global Marijuana March map. GMM: Twenty people met up in 2007.
- Report, map, and links. From forum. Report:
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:58:47 -0300 (ART)
From: "Legalize Já!" <mmm_portoalegre"at"yahoo.com.br> [Substitute @ for "at"]
Subject: Porto Alegre - Legalize it!
Yesterday (07/05/2005) [May 7, 2005], in Porto Alegre, we took the first step to the effective construction of the local anti-prohibitionist movement. During a cold and rainy afternoon we gathered, at the auditorium of the Central Academic Directory of Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (DCE-UFRGS), about 70 people, most of them young people on their early 20's. The number outcame the expectations of the "organizers", due to the lame ad campaign done basically through the internet, and half a dozen posters.
The meeting begun at 15:30, with a brief report of the national and international anti-prohibitionist situation. Soon after, the debate was open. Since it was the first meeting, there wasn't an agenda, properly saying, and the debate was about several questions related to the problems lived by drug users, due the prohibitionist policy; violence; agression towards individual freedom(s); precariety and disrepect in health care services and education; lack of a quality control on consumed substances; barely inexistence of quality orientation to the user, about means to reduct risks and harms.
It was also discussed different perspectives about possible ways to lead the anti-prohibitionist movement. Should we go for legalisation or "descriminalization"? Should we go to mainstream press, or indie press? Should we fight for the production and selling get vinculated to the so called solidary economy nets, or should we embrace the neoliberal logic? Should we legalise only for personal use and personal plantation (private culture)? And so was the debate, free, making of this first encounter, above all, a moment of checking possible agendas that we'll follow through the next months.
By the end of the meeting, so that energy wouldn't be dissipated, we discussed strategies and directed efforts in order to guarantee the continuity of this movement. We established a few workgroups to discuss and elaborate a letter of principles, to get finantial aid, to elaborate a website and all the graphics designs of the movement. Also, was created a law comission, gathering mainly Law students, responsable to verify both drug laws, as other aspects that can guarantee that our fight won't be taken as an encouragement of the use of drugs, considered as a felony in our country. By the way, the composition of general meeting was completely heretogenic: Law, Social Sciences, Biology, Psichology, Arts and Pedagogics students, plus high schoolers, people related to the Public Health School of Porto Alegre (Escola de Saúde Pública de Porto Alegre), and many, many other people.
All workgroups should hurry their specific work, keeping in touch through an e-group that will be created for all the people who attended the first meeting. In a month, there will be a second meeting, and a key note speaker will attend, one that we'll choose after further discussion through our e-group. We'll also premiere a documentary that's being produced by Journalism students of UFRGS, that registered the meeting and collected statements of the people who were there.
I feel it was a golden beginning.
Return to top. 2023 GMM-420 and Mirror.
|To Top. Or News. Or Home. Or Articles.|
Full site / Mobile. To Top or End. News & 2022 GMM & Categories.
Cannabis is safer.
See articles: Cannabis is safer.
And: History of US Republican war on cannabis, and their lies about its health effects.
US Republicans &
- Return to top. See: Anti-cannabis conservative agenda. Keep 'em jailed, sick, stupid, oppressed, broke, and not woke.
US Republicans have led cannabis and drug wars worldwide. All to create 2nd class citizens who are blocked from many educational, job, and voting opportunities. Part of the conservative plan to concentrate wealth in fewer hands worldwide. USA. The state of the nation. After decades of Republican-led drug war, and their filibusters in the Senate.
- US Republican states. It's not just cannabis prohibition. Many maps. It's also their low minimum wages, etc..
- The US federal minimum wage would be $13.46 in 2022 dollars if its real value had remained at the 1968 level. Even more in 2023 dollars. See graph below. Note the low minimum wages in the Republican south in the map below. See Wikipedia: Republican states.
- Wikipedia: List of US states by minimum wage.
- Wikipedia: List of European countries by minimum wage.
Canadians are richer, healthier, and safer than Americans:
- A $15 minimum wage would cost jobs, right? Probably not, economists say.
- There’s More Evidence That Raising the Minimum Wage Won’t Cost Jobs.
- The U.S. has one of the stingiest minimum wage policies of any wealthy nation. Washington Post.
Global warming. Roswell
Return to top. Share link: Roswell UFO.
Roswell UFO craft and alien body retrieval was real according to U.S. Army officer Walter Haut. He signed affidavits to that effect in 1993 and 2002. Released in 2007 after his death in 2005. Video made in 2000. Released in May 2021. Much of the technology has been back engineered, and its carbon-free energy could end global warming. See Stephen Greer video.
Articles about Haut:
17 Aug 2021: “My father saw the bodies”: chasing the truth about Roswell. By James Jennings. Archived here.
5 June 2022: Roswell officer's deathbed confession about theory of alien cover up. By Declan Carey. Archived here.
14 May 2021: Ex-Army officer ADMITS he saw ‘alien the size of a 10-year-old child’ after famous Roswell UFO crash in incredible video. By Emma Parry. Archived here. This article has a short excerpt of the video.
May 2021: Roswell Officer Speaks From the Grave: Video Released, Confesses that Alien was "the size of a 10 year old". By Anthony Bragalia. Archived here. From article (emphasis added): "This video clip is part of a memoir video / oral history over two hours in length that covers many personal and professional aspects of Haut's life. The video was taken at the Roswell Museum in 2000 with friends Dennis Balthaser and Wendy Connors."
September 2007. Haut's Daughter Tells How Affidavit Came to Be. By Julie Schuster (his daughter). MUFON UFO Journal. Issue 473. Page 15. Dec 2002 affidavit is on page 14.
30 June 2007: Roswell officer's amazing deathbed admission raises possibility that aliens DID visit. By Nick Pope. Archived here.
2002 and 1993 affidavits. Archived here. Scroll down for the affidavits.
|To Top. Or News. Or Home. Or Articles.|
Full site / Mobile. To Top or End. News & 2022 GMM & Categories. 2023 GMM-420 and Mirror.