Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- 1 Top
- 2 Links
- 3 Info
- 4 Global Marijuana March
- 5 2018
- 6 2017
- 7 2014
- 8 2013
- 9 2012
- 10 2011
- 11 2010
- 12 2009
- 13 2008
- 14 2007
- 15 2005
- 16 Cannabis is safer
- 17 Presidents alone can not reschedule it
- 18 USA. Republican-led war on cannabis
- 19 Drug war, mass incarceration, control
- 20 Felon disenfranchisement & gerrymandering
- 21 Republican-led big spending on drug war
- 22 GOP-led spending on endless ground wars
- 23 U.S. infrastructure badly needs this money
- 24 U.S. household debt at all time high
- 25 Canadian middle class has surpassed USA
- 26 U.S. middle class wealth has collapsed
- 27 Many nations surpassed US middle class
- 28 USA. Richest 10% Own 84% of All Stocks
- 29 Record global debt. Who will bail out USA?
- 30 US inflation-adjusted wages are flat
- 31 Increasing US income inequality over time
- 32 Republicans refuse to raise minimum wage
- 33 Canada has universal healthcare
- 34 Canada has single payer healthcare
- 35 Canadian healthcare costs much less
- 36 Half the cost of Obama-Trumpcare
- 37 USA could save $1.6 trillion YEARLY
- 38 Canada has better health outcomes
- 39 Huge wasteful spending in US healthcare
- 40 Each 10 million US uninsured equals
- 41 10,000 more US deaths yearly. Also:
- 42 10,000 die waiting for US disability yearly
- 43 Republicans block pre-existing conditions
- 44 Portugal has universal healthcare
- 45 Portugal decriminalized all drugs
- 46 Portugal has drug treatment for all
- 47 In Portugal few die of overdoses
- 48 Green love
- 49 Hemp for all
- 50 Prosperity for all
- 51 Global Marijuana March and 420 photos
- 52 Categories
Share links: Porto Alegre. And: portoalegre. Local or regional cannabis-related links wanted. See more links here: Brazil. See cities by country on GMM map of all cities. See all cities (not just Global Marijuana March). See the yearly city and event lists for additional Facebook and other links.
|Click for more Porto Alegre event graphics and photos.|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- Latin America. Cannabis-related links. More Facebook links, etc..
- Wikipedia: Cannabis in Brazil.
- In alphabetical order by city.
- Category: Cannabis-related links. For world, region, country, state, or province links.
- Updated link: Google map of many cannabis groups, clubs, growshops, and associations around the world. If you want to add your association or club send an email to email@example.com - Mapa de todos las asociaciones cannabicas y clubs cannabicos de todo el mundo especialmente españa y growshops, si quieres añadir tu asociacion o club manda un correo a firstname.lastname@example.org. See template.
- Wikipedia: Category: Cannabis by country. And: Commons: Category: Cannabis by country.
- Zoom in and out. And: Links: https://goo.gl/
|*Please add more local or regional cannabis-related links.|
- principioativo.org - princípio ativo - por uma nova política de drogas.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Forum: Rio Grande do Sul. Google site search for Porto Alegre.
- Google Maps: Porto Alegre.
- Google Images: Porto Alegre.
- Wikipedia: Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- Wikitravel: Porto Alegre.
- Wikivoyage: Porto Alegre.
|Search Wikipedia, Wikitravel, Wikivoyage. See help.|
- Cannabis news sources.
- Drug Policy Organizations (from MAP). US cannabis organizations. And: Canada. State, province, nation from Area menu. Can also sort by topic. See advanced power search. It can search news, and it can Google search many organizations (choose one from menu).
- DrugNews.org (from MAP). News and opinion in one list. Titles are too short. Can sort by area, source, author, topic. But they can not be combined. For example; Cannabis topic is for all countries. United States is for all topics. See: News. See: Opinions. Sort either by low, medium, or high detail.
- MAP news topics ("focal points"). For example; Cannabis news for the United States, or Canada, or the UK.
- News Source Directory (from MAP). State, province, nation from Area menu. Or A-Z from Source menu. Google search MAP site for news, sources, topics, city, state, province, nation, organizations, etc..
- World Cannabis Map - SpliffyMap. See "about" for Paypal link. See Facebook.
- MarijuanaTravels.com - Cities and countries. And Google site search.
- Marijuana Travel Database. Marijuana travel reports. Countries and cities. Marijuana and travel, smoking laws and cannabis legality.
- WeBeHigh.org - Click "Travel Guides" button at top for continents. By U.S. state. And: Google site search.
- Marijuana Dispensary & Strain Reviews - Leafly.
- HeadShopFinder - Find Marijuana Dispensaries and Smoke Shops Near Me.
- PotGuide.com | Comprehensive Guide. Dispensaries, events, news, guides.
Global Marijuana March
no longer works well. It does not find all the yearly city lists containing a city name.
works well. Click: . Add city name to search, and state/province/nation as needed. This will pull up all yearly maps in which the city is listed. Except for 2015, 2016, or 2017 in which only countries were listed for the most part. This city, nation, or subnational area participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), Million Marijuana March (MMM), or 420. Cities and nations holding 4/20 events are also included in later years. 42 nations participated on May 6, 2017, or thereabouts. 45 nations participated on May 7, 2016, or thereabouts. 43 nations participated on May 2, 2015, or thereabouts. 213 cities from 43 nations signed up for May 3, 2014 or thereabouts. 229 cities from 43 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts. 991 different cities have participated from 83 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March and 4/20 signup.|
See Global Marijuana March (GMM) is the first Saturday in May or thereabouts.The
There are many GMM and 420 Facebook pages organizing cities and countries for GMM and 4/20. Search Facebook and Google+. Find more people, groups, and organizations via the GMM links box (many links in one place), and the GMM links page.
Share link: signup. Invite people to GMM and 420 events: Tag some of your friends in comments on relevant Facebook event messages and images.
|Years signed up: Browse the basic GMM city lists: ~ 1999. 2000. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 2010. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18.|
- Facebook: Marcha Global da Maconha 2018- Porto Alegre.
- Facebook: Marcha Global Da Maconha 2017 - Porto Alegre.
- Facebook: Marcha da Maconha Porto Alegre 2014.
GMM, May 25:
- Forum: Marcha Da Maconha Porto Alegre 2013.
- Princípio Ativo » Arquivo do Blog » Te prepara e vem… vem pra marcha, vem que é da Maconha!
- Facebook: Marcha da Maconha Porto Alegre 2013.
GMM, May 26:
- Marcha da Maconha 2012 - Porto Alegre.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha 2012.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha Porto Alegre 2012.
GMM, May 22:
- Manifestantes realizam Marcha da Maconha em Porto Alegre.
- Google translation:
Gauchos held on Sunday afternoon the Marijuana March in the park of the Redemption, in Porto Alegre. At the beginning of the event, the Military Police estimated that about 300 people attended the meeting. However, according to Leonardo Günther, one of the organizers, the walk got to meet 2500 Protestants passing the avenue João Pessoa.
Günther says that all the protest took place peacefully, "unlike what happened in Sao Paulo." For him, Porto Alegre is an example of the protest for the legalization of drugs "is a peaceful movement and does not have violence because". "Porto Alegre said yes, you can make the march," he said.
The event, organized by the Collective Principle Activity, began with the presentation of a play and debate, when participants put forward their ideas. The road ran through the vicinity of the park and ended around 18:15.
See 2010 Global Marijuana March map. Porto Alegre: principioativo.rs(at)gmail.com or portoalegre(at)marchadamaconha.org http://principioativo.blogspot.com Arco do Parque da Redenção, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul - Brazil
GMM. May 8:
[Editado] Marcha da maconha 2009, Porto Alegre-RS Brasil. Youtube link.
There was repression in most Brazilian cities that tried to hold Global Marijuana March events in 2008:
- Google searches: . . Videos. Images. Marijuana is 'maconha' in Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal).
- Flickr search: .
- English coverage of Global Marijuana March 2008 repression in Brazil:    . Reports with many videos linked by Brazilian city:  .
See 2007 Global Marijuana March map. GMM: Twenty people met up in 2007.
- Report, map, and links. From forum. Report:
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:58:47 -0300 (ART)
From: "Legalize Já!" <mmm_portoalegre"at"yahoo.com.br> [Substitute @ for "at"]
Subject: Porto Alegre - Legalize it!
Yesterday (07/05/2005) [May 7, 2005], in Porto Alegre, we took the first step to the effective construction of the local anti-prohibitionist movement. During a cold and rainy afternoon we gathered, at the auditorium of the Central Academic Directory of Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (DCE-UFRGS), about 70 people, most of them young people on their early 20's. The number outcame the expectations of the "organizers", due to the lame ad campaign done basically through the internet, and half a dozen posters.
The meeting begun at 15:30, with a brief report of the national and international anti-prohibitionist situation. Soon after, the debate was open. Since it was the first meeting, there wasn't an agenda, properly saying, and the debate was about several questions related to the problems lived by drug users, due the prohibitionist policy; violence; agression towards individual freedom(s); precariety and disrepect in health care services and education; lack of a quality control on consumed substances; barely inexistence of quality orientation to the user, about means to reduct risks and harms.
It was also discussed different perspectives about possible ways to lead the anti-prohibitionist movement. Should we go for legalisation or "descriminalization"? Should we go to mainstream press, or indie press? Should we fight for the production and selling get vinculated to the so called solidary economy nets, or should we embrace the neoliberal logic? Should we legalise only for personal use and personal plantation (private culture)? And so was the debate, free, making of this first encounter, above all, a moment of checking possible agendas that we'll follow through the next months.
By the end of the meeting, so that energy wouldn't be dissipated, we discussed strategies and directed efforts in order to guarantee the continuity of this movement. We established a few workgroups to discuss and elaborate a letter of principles, to get finantial aid, to elaborate a website and all the graphics designs of the movement. Also, was created a law comission, gathering mainly Law students, responsable to verify both drug laws, as other aspects that can guarantee that our fight won't be taken as an encouragement of the use of drugs, considered as a felony in our country. By the way, the composition of general meeting was completely heretogenic: Law, Social Sciences, Biology, Psichology, Arts and Pedagogics students, plus high schoolers, people related to the Public Health School of Porto Alegre (Escola de Saúde Pública de Porto Alegre), and many, many other people.
All workgroups should hurry their specific work, keeping in touch through an e-group that will be created for all the people who attended the first meeting. In a month, there will be a second meeting, and a key note speaker will attend, one that we'll choose after further discussion through our e-group. We'll also premiere a documentary that's being produced by Journalism students of UFRGS, that registered the meeting and collected statements of the people who were there.
I feel it was a golden beginning.